Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2011 Official Cadillac calendar competition!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 03:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Official Cadillac calendar competition!

Cadillac Fans, contest is NOW OPEN! For the first time, officially licensed calendars will be created BY car enthusiasts, FOR car enthusiasts. The loyal members of LS1Tech.com are invited to be a part of The 2011 Official Cadillac Calendar competition. Show off your ride for ultimate bragging rights.

The top 13 vote winners will receive 2 calendars featuring their cars, absolutely free. Only photos directly submitted to MemberCalendars.com will be entered into the competition. But, feel free to post pictures on this thread to get some feedback from other members before you enter the contest. All calendars are proudly MADE IN THE USA!

Last edited by membercalendars; 09-10-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:46 PM
FormerVendor

Hey all,

Make sure you sign up on membercalendars.com to receive a reminder email to notify you when the contest begins. 2 FREE calendars will be sent to each of the 13 winners of the individual contests.

Some tips for a good photo:

Choose creative scenery for the background of your photo, like a beach, forest or mountain range. Make sure your camera is set to the highest quality/resolution. The calendars will be landscape oriented NOT portrait.

Remember, these are GM branded calendars so keep it clean. Let your car do the talking!

All calendars will be MADE IN THE USA by car loving Americans!

Last edited by membercalendars; 09-02-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope we see some 1Vs in this calander too... lol
Old 09-02-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I vote for onebadcads ride on the front page.

But I am kinda biased.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:09 PM
FormerVendor

Here's an image that won last year in the G8 Calendar we did.

Hopefully this gives you all some ideas.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I could do a similar picture but I dunno if I'd risk my differential trying it
Old 09-05-2010, 03:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by killernoodle
There's always photoshop :-)
Old 09-05-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by killernoodle
Im willing to give it a whirl for the calendar. Im sure a little nitrous purge in the middle could seal the deal lol.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:53 PM
FormerVendor

Hey Guys!!

Just want to let everyone know that the contest has started!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

just uploaded a pic... So why cant I upload more then just one photo? I had a few that I really like...
Old 09-11-2010, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
just uploaded a pic... So why cant I upload more then just one photo? I had a few that I really like...
because they think thunder gray is the slowest color too...
Old 09-11-2010, 08:32 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
because they think thunder gray is the slowest color too...
Man.... I would be one unique V if I was thunder gray and an 05 too... lol
Old 09-11-2010, 08:37 AM
FormerVendor

If you have more than one Lac, have your girl or someone else post the other one with a new user account.

We only take one of each car because some people are asking to upload 20 and that's a a bit much.

We do need some more caddy interest though if there's going to be a calendar. As long as the car is clean and there are no people or company signs in the photo, throw it up and see what happens. Only stings for a second, I promise.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by membercalendars
If you have more than one Lac, have your girl or someone else post the other one with a new user account.

We only take one of each car because some people are asking to upload 20 and that's a a bit much.

We do need some more caddy interest though if there's going to be a calendar. As long as the car is clean and there are no people or company signs in the photo, throw it up and see what happens. Only stings for a second, I promise.
registered yesterday, still waiting a confirmation email, better landscape or will portrait layout work as well?
Old 09-11-2010, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Uploaded my pic last night, and got accepted this morning.... who ever is not doing this vote for the Stealth V on brick! Lol... I'm aimin for the cover peops! Ha
Old 09-11-2010, 02:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jasonk
registered yesterday, still waiting a confirmation email, better landscape or will portrait layout work as well?

J- Check spam. For some reason some of the emails are going there.

We want portrait. 4:3 aspect ratio, bigger the better.

Email info@membercalendars.com if you run in to trouble.

Thanks,

Adam
Old 09-12-2010, 02:25 PM
FormerVendor

Default ***Rules and Tips for Calendar Contest***

We thought it would be helpful to put together an informative thread to explain the rules and suggest some tips for the calendar contests going on at MemberCalendars.com, so here goes:

Rules to remember

1. No people in the photos. If you have a nice photo with you or someone in the car, do your best to touch up the image and remove people/company signs and logos. We want a car and a background, thats it.

2. Photos need to be set up as landscape, or, as rectangles with a 4:3 aspect ratio. There is a help button on the website explaining this in more detail, look for it when you are prompted to upload your photo. No small files or huge files will pass the upload checker.

3. Make sure it is YOUR photograph

4. One photo per user per car. If you have 2 or more cars and pictures for them, have your significant other or a friend sign up and submit. No images (even if they are different angles) of the same car, please.

Some Tips

1. Altering an image with a design software such as Photoshop is ok. Make sure you don't make a car into something it is not (like adding or removing parts). This is not a necessary step however, don't feel like you have no chance if your photo is untouched and natural. Some people prefer that, which is why this is a public vote.

2. Group photos of cars are encouraged, as long as they are all similar cars that are eligible for the specific contests in which you are entering them. (So no Mustangs with a Camaro and a Firebird, got it?)

3. Feel free to post a couple of images on the Calendar threads here on the forum (even this one) to get some opinions from other members. You might have 2 or 3 photos you are considering so have your own mini-vote to determine which one to submit, if that helps you decide on one.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!

Spread the word to others who might be interested in submitting a photo. If there aren't enough images to make a calendar, there will be no calendar. If you like this idea and concept, which isn't new (club calendars have been around since there have been clubs and printing presses), you have to promote the idea to others. Of course we want to see all the calendars be successful. Every calendar we print will credit your forums, which is good for the enthusiast community. There's a noob born every minute, this will only help the exposure of the forum networks.

Only YOU can create calendars, we're just the ones who will ultimately put the ink on paper for you.

Good luck to all and feel free to ask questions or comment, we're doing all that we can to respond to everyone.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2011 Official Cadillac calendar competition!