Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Exedy twin disk install and review

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Exedy twin disk install and review

I used the following install thread ( http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...h-install.html )and it helped greatly in doing the clutch job. For those that remember i had a spec stage 3+ before and that didnt work out and alot of thanks goes out to MAP to helping me get a FULL refund from spec. It also going to point out that Spec did work with me in sending me a test part to try and see if that would fix my issue. So all in all it was a long experience but in the end it lead me to getting the exedy twin since the normal MAP twin disk was back ordered.

*quick note on the install, be gentle with those torx bolts and get someone to lend a hand when putting the trans back in the car. My wife spent a few hours under the car helping me line everything back up. without her i would have never got it back in.

But this exedy twin disk i must say is simply amazing. I finally got the break in done and decided to hit an on ramp at full speed for the first time in a while... sweet lord my car revs quickly and the 1-2 and 2-3 shift grabbed like nothing i could have imagined. i took it up to a 3-4 shift later on and it still grabbed just as hard way up at redline. its was fantastic. the greatest part about this clutch it just how easy it is to drive even though so much weight has been removed. thanks to bobby ( ctsv154) for putting me onto this clutch.

now for a few pics.

using the paper trick to get the bearing out

clutch installed
Old 09-06-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that looks amazing!! what slave does it use? and does it have a remote bleeder?... any spacers needed?
Old 09-06-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

LS7 slave, you can add a remote bleeder if you wish, and no spacers. Just bolt it in and go! Same clutch I have.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I used the ls7 slave and a remote bleeder.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nice! What's the hp rating on this? And cost?
Old 09-07-2010, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

if i recall its around 800+ftlbs, i paid around 1500 or so for it. i cant remember the exact number. if you are looking for a clutch sojersey and are in bergen county area let me know and i can let you drive it.