Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Winter rims for V?

Old 09-07-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter rims for V?

Can steelies for our cars be found anywhere? I've been searching all over, but haven't come across anything. I have a set of winter tires that I guess I'll have to mount on the stock rims for this season, but I don't want to keep switching the tires on and off these rims because I hear it's not overly healthy for 'em. I can't afford to drop a grand or more into new wheels though ... Especially not for the 5-7 snowfalls we see in a winter; it's just not worth it.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:33 AM
11 Second Club

why don't you just pick up an extra pair of your stock rims? There is normally a few pairs for sale....

Tirerack has tires for you, just not rims.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Domsz06
why don't you just pick up an extra pair of your stock rims? There is normally a few pairs for sale....

Tirerack has tires for you, just not rims.
yea that's what i did. picked them up off craiglist for $400. I'm gonna powdercoat a set and then use the other set as the winter wheels
Old 09-07-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

If i could find a set of stockers for $400, I would probably do that. It just burns me up that then I'll have TWO sets of stock rims, neither of which are what I want for the V in the summer. Unfortunately I can't even think about spending dough on new wheels for a good long while, so I'm kinda stuck.
I might just switch the winters onto my current rims, drive for the winter season, then see where I'm at for the spring. If I still don't wanna spend the money on a set of CCW's or Accessories at that point, I'll have to switch the tires again and then I'll have all summer to figure something out before it comes time to switch again for winter.
I'm sure tires can handle a couple mounts/dismounts without doing them any harm ... right?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wes8398
If i could find a set of stockers for $400, I would probably do that. It just burns me up that then I'll have TWO sets of stock rims, neither of which are what I want for the V in the summer. Unfortunately I can't even think about spending dough on new wheels for a good long while, so I'm kinda stuck.
I might just switch the winters onto my current rims, drive for the winter season, then see where I'm at for the spring. If I still don't wanna spend the money on a set of CCW's or Accessories at that point, I'll have to switch the tires again and then I'll have all summer to figure something out before it comes time to switch again for winter.
I'm sure tires can handle a couple mounts/dismounts without doing them any harm ... right?
Oh yeah I don't see any reason not. Mine had a set put on the week before I bought it and I replaced the rear and then the front a lil later....Just make sure someone isn't a complete retard and doesn't scuff em up.

Search this Thread