Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

good bye V forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 04:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default good bye V forum

So I sold my car yesterday.

Was sad to see her go but man does it feel good not to have a car payment.

I might be back on tech soon, I plan on keeping an eye out for a nice low milage F-body . But I have till next spring to decide and look for a sweet deal.

Ill still keep an eye here for some thread of the 9" , I cant wait to see what a V could do with a good drivetrain .

Old 09-14-2010, 06:56 AM
11 Second Club

you don't have to leave just because you sold you v....

just saying.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Resident

Geez...some of the newbies better step up, we're loosing all the good resources and posters.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Launching!

ya man no need to go. My V is going to Gforce this Sat. for the 9" and carbon fiber driveshaft so stay tuned for many vids and pics. I figure it will take him a few weeks. You had a sweet ride bro!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ohh it sold rather quickly. did it go to a forum member?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

And the obligatory question, do you have any used parts for sale?? I still want a k&n intake.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

this might sound crazy.... but you should go test drive a 5th gen camaro.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Domsz06
you don't have to leave just because you sold you v....

just saying.
That's like a recovering alcoholic hanging out in a package store lol
I will be lurking around to see some vids of the 9inch setup though.

Sorry guys no parts left. It did not go to a forum member but he may be on here soon.

I'm looking to upgrade from my tiny condo to a house so a 5th gen camaro is out of the question, I'm realy hoping to find a nice f-body wit decent milage for a nice price..
Old 09-14-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

good luck budd
Old 09-14-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Man, I'm sad to see you go! Who's gonna post up all the street racing vids now? Hope the dude that you sold it to takes as good care of her as you did bro...
Old 09-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
this might sound crazy.... but you should go test drive a 5th gen camaro.
I thought you got over that **** car . .
Old 09-14-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well man good luck hope everything works out come back often!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

Good luck Max. Enjoyed your clutch adventures.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Man, I'm sad to see you go! Who's gonna post up all the street racing vids now? Hope the dude that you sold it to takes as good care of her as you did bro...
I would have had a badass vid of me vs a 2010 Gran Sport but the guy was a puss. Wide open clear road at night with no place for cops to sit, could have ran gotten into 5th at least.

On another note, max sad to see you go your car was somewhat of an example of what i wanted to do with my car. Thanks for the help and hope to see you back again, I myself am saving for a cheap fbody to cam, 243 heads and 150 shot with a 4k stall so i can put down some good numbers at the track. Good luck.

JUST DON'T GO BUYING A THUNDERBUNNY
Old 09-15-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stepside
I thought you got over that **** car . .
its hard to..... i like my v alot. but everything with this car is extra difficult. extra work. extra being gentle with.

if i was having a car to drive kits to school or play golf i wouldnt mind, but having to always keep in mind the rear of this car might be an issue. or having to break out measuring tools to test fit a centri kit.

i had an easier time modding my maxima and that had zero after market support.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

its hard to..... i like my v alot. but everything with this car is extra difficult. extra work. extra being gentle with.

if i was having a car to drive kits to school or play golf i wouldnt mind, but having to always keep in mind the rear of this car might be an issue. or having to break out measuring tools to test fit a centri kit.

i had an easier time modding my maxima and that had zero after market support.
No ****. Coming from the vehicles in my sig, the first 2 bought brand new I know how you feel. I am so worried about the little things breaking on this car that I find myself not wanting to mod it which kills me. It is the slowest car I have owned since highschool. I cannot own a vehicle w/o modding it and after owning a DSM for years I will not spend thousands to keep it running or fear getting on it in lower gears or banging gears btw shifts.

I paid cash for this car so I have thought about selling it and maybe getting a V2 but no car payments is too good to pass up. I need a 4 door V8 car with my son now and this is the most logical choice I guess.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by big reg
No ****. Coming from the vehicles in my sig, the first 2 bought brand new I know how you feel. I am so worried about the little things breaking on this car that I find myself not wanting to mod it which kills me. It is the slowest car I have owned since highschool. I cannot own a vehicle w/o modding it and after owning a DSM for years I will not spend thousands to keep it running or fear getting on it in lower gears or banging gears btw shifts.

I paid cash for this car so I have thought about selling it and maybe getting a V2 but no car payments is too good to pass up. I need a 4 door V8 car with my son now and this is the most logical choice I guess.
thats prob what has caused max to get rid of his car. yeah i think this up coming winter i am looking to try and add boost to this car and if i cant find a decent way to run a centrifugal kit i might move on to something else. we shall see. after my clutch drama i have very little patience with this vehicle.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by big reg

Ya the weak diff was one of the reasons I sold it, the guy who bought my car has a nice setup to start with .

I'm glad gforce has a fix for a reasonable price . But at this point in my life I don't have 6 extra grand laying around .
Old 09-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Launching!

i think this up coming winter i am looking to try and add boost to this car and if i cant find a decent way to run a centrifugal kit.
FOR GETTA BOUT IT. You think the clutch was a nightmare ? wait til you try a centrifugal . .
and you will never get your money back, but you will get an experience . . "it's only a cold sore" "wut--oh no!"

Baby that car now, for the next buyer, and Save for the BBD, Bigger Better Deal. After winter the V2 will be even cheaper and some will be coming off lease.
Actually I like the Camaros. I had a '69 from '69 to '80 and it was modded.
I've been thinking about going back to one vehicle instead of the car (garage queen) and the truck. Hmmm, a 'Raptor' would be nice . .
Old 09-16-2010, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stepside
FOR GETTA BOUT IT. You think the clutch was a nightmare ? wait til you try a centrifugal . .
and you will never get your money back, but you will get an experience . . "it's only a cold sore" "wut--oh no!"

Baby that car now, for the next buyer, and Save for the BBD, Bigger Better Deal. After winter the V2 will be even cheaper and some will be coming off lease.
Actually I like the Camaros. I had a '69 from '69 to '80 and it was modded.
I've been thinking about going back to one vehicle instead of the car (garage queen) and the truck. Hmmm, a 'Raptor' would be nice . .
you just made me a little sadder today...

worst part is you are prob spot on.