Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

SNL Tune - now making funny whining noise...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SNL Tune - now making funny whining noise...

Heh heh - gotcha.

Steve and his crew did a SPECTACULAR job on this. Jason did the install and I feel like had I taken 6 months to complete it myself it would not have been cleaner - he truly treated it like it was his own. Matt did the tune and the car idles like stock despite the fact it's sitting on a blower bump-stick.

Install consisted of - Gforce axle, diff bushing, motor mounts, cam with all the supporting goodies, blower w/ 90mm tb, 255 walbro inline, plugs, wires, and the upgraded heat exchanger w/ 3 pull fans. I

got the blower kit off of DoctorNick - must say... minus a single part and the actuator nipple being broken in shipping - the kit was 100% complete and in fantastic shape. HUGE props to this guy - complete used blower kit - easiest guy to deal with in the world - this was winning the lottery for me.

So now...

Power numbers - 498/486 on the anti-truck motor.

She screams - so far kill count is '04 Cobra w/ i/p/e, new camaro ss, and a modded cobalt ss... (I know ha ha cobalt.) I say kill count because the runs for all three weren't even close... 1st gear is useless for the un-disciplined, 2nd gear is awesome... if you like rolling burnouts...

SNL as a whole is a class act... I'm looking for something else with an LS motor in it just so I can do more business with them. I can't say I've had a better experience in my speed shop hunt in my entire life.

PM me if you have any questions or need any details.

SNL Advocate big time here.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol i was gonna say. prolly too much power and now diff whines... well you have the best whine around now!
Old 09-26-2010, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

i saw your V when i dropped off mine at the end of august. if you saw it parked, it was the Raven Black 07...

and they did a great job on yours. i stared at the engine bay a some time when i was talking to matt and josh.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:25 AM
TECH Resident

Nice! Congrats.

I want to know more about the heat exchanger please. Any spec's, links, pics, prices etc would be appreciated!
Old 09-26-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Congrats, I will be FI soon myself. Can't wait, you description of 2nd gives me a chub.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats man! SNL is an awesome shop. I think I saw your car there last time I was there.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Launching!

It's the frozenboost.com hex... 3 pull fans... some relocation work done by Jason for the pump and Fab work on the hex mounted to the front bumper frame. IAT hasn't broken 130 on me... this includes a run up to 150mph.

Originally Posted by deedubb
Nice! Congrats.

I want to know more about the heat exchanger please. Any spec's, links, pics, prices etc would be appreciated!
Old 09-26-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by greddy91
It's the frozenboost.com hex... 3 pull fans... some relocation work done by Jason for the pump and Fab work on the hex mounted to the front bumper frame. IAT hasn't broken 130 on me... this includes a run up to 150mph.
I'm digging around their site now but could you direct link to what you bought? Or is it just the HEX and 3 universal fans or something? BTW thanks for the information I am about to order some stuff from there now.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CancerJCC
I'm digging around their site now but could you direct link to what you bought? Or is it just the HEX and 3 universal fans or something? BTW thanks for the information I am about to order some stuff from there now.
I'd like to know exactly too
I must say, the look of that HEX just looks menacing too
Old 09-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Launching!

To be quite honest lads... I dropped the car off and saw a GTO at SNL with the kit on the front. Talked to Steve about doing that instead of the radiator hex. He said he'd charge what they charge for parts and I just said lets get that done.

I know its the deepest hex; 7 inch fans on pull; then the usual fittings. The fab work was reportedly the fun part. Jason had to do some trim work on the bumper cover.

I'm about to upgrade to clear fogs and HIDs. I'll get some pics when i have her apart.

Quick Reply: SNL Tune - now making funny whining noise...