Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My Twin Turbo build, with pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks righteous!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Regular

u are an inspiration, and washin's twin yurboo v originally had that oil issue to but its beyond me how to fix it.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Launching!

Been lurking for a while. Great build! Will you be at C&C tomorrow?
Old 12-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Default Nice

Nice bor thats one bad as cadillac you have there
Old 12-03-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ekshail
I will be there, but not in the V, with the oil issue it would be an embarrassment. Are you going to be there in your V? Look for me in a black Ford Raptor.

Originally Posted by lilgcts-v
u are an inspiration, and washin's twin yurboo v originally had that oil issue to but its beyond me how to fix it.
I PM'd Washin about the oil issue and pump, he tried a couple pumps and ended up using the Turbowerx EXA-pump. My pump seems to be pulling the oil from the turbo's fine, but I went ahead and ordered the EXA-pump because everyone raves they are so much better than the pump I have, which is essentially the same that comes with the STS kit.

The check valves will solve 99% of my oil issue by keeping oil from draining into the turbo after you shut the car off. The EXA-pump is just for peace of mind, I like to DD this car.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GulfM3
I will be there, but not in the V, with the oil issue it would be an embarrassment. Are you going to be there in your V? Look for me in a black Ford Raptor.
Yessir! I'm trying to get my buddy Lorenzo to come out with his V as well. This will be my 1st C&C & I can't wait! Gotta leave around 9:30 though... have to work.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

oh come on now, no shots of the haze?

Looking good bro!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ekshail
I want to go but I have a date with two beautiful womens saturday.

Last edited by Stone17; 12-03-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

I've been a little quiet on the build lately, mainly because there is not much new to report, which is actually a good thing, I've put about 300 miles on the setup without a single issue. The 300 miles include a 50 mile highway cruise and a couple days of stop and go rush hour traffic. This is all with the "base tune" from G-Force, so unfortunately no WOT yet. The car runs great and believe it or not I have yet to scrape the charge pipes! Speed bumps and the less than great Houston roads don't seem to be a problem. Under normal acceleration you can faintly hear the turbos begin to spool, the faint whistle followed by the whoosh of the BOV are simply intoxicating. The check valves solved my oil in the turbo problem, even while still using the STS style pump.

I still haven't figured out a solution to the air filter dilemma, but I have been running window screen with a thin foam filter media outside of the screen all held to the turbo inlet by a pipe clamp. I have ordered some 3.5" steel weld els from fastenal. My plan is to notch out the cradle just before the turbos, then weld in the 3.5" elbow into the notch, making the intake elbow a structural part of the cradle. From there I can snake the intake to the front of the car for cooler air. The weld ell is schedule 40 and should be plenty strong. Worst case scenario is I fubar the cradle and end up buying one from a salvage yard.

My dyno time has been rescheduled for monday morning, so my next post should have a dyno graph attached

Houston guys, lets plan another V drag day in January. I just checked the schedule and the track is open every friday.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I still haven't figured out a solution to the air filter dilemma, but I have been running window screen with a thin foam filter media outside of the screen all held to the turbo inlet by a pipe clamp. I have ordered some 3.5" steel weld els from fastenal. My plan is to notch out the cradle just before the turbos, then weld in the 3.5" elbow into the notch, making the intake elbow a structural part of the cradle. From there I can snake the intake to the front of the car for cooler air. The weld ell is schedule 40 and should be plenty strong. Worst case scenario is I fubar the cradle and end up buying one from a salvage yard.
Thats a brilliant idea for the intake tubes. It makes me wonder why I didn't think of it.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Cant wait to see some numbers!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by killernoodle
Thats a brilliant idea for the intake tubes. It makes me wonder why I didn't think of it.
lol, are you being sarcastic? I can't take full credit for the idea, I've seen a few other forced induction setups run pipes similarly. Need Mo Powa just made his cold air intake and the pipe is itself a structural part of the fender and upper control arm mount. I think Bob with EPP ran a procharger charge pipe through the frame rail of a V, and way back in the day I used to browse a "Home Made Turbo" internet forum. (don't want to get this thread locked by advertising a competing forum) This was before they were bought out, and there was TONS of fab info there, now the forum kinda sucks. HMT is caters primarly to imports but the fab work and ideas are universal.

I know you are thinking about doing turbos, If this intake idea works I would definitely choose this location instead of a rear mount. On a stock height car ground clearance is not an issue.

Originally Posted by raven154
Cant wait to see some numbers!
You and me both, babying it around town is KILLING ME!!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:42 AM
11 Second Club

I got to ride in the car last night coming home from Boston Pizza. Must say he is so spot on, the sound of the Blow off is AWESOME!! car runs like a top, and we did go over a few speed bumps with zero draggage!!

Can't wait to get a real ride in it!!

I'm down for a meet again if the v2 guys can come lol. Heck maybe I'll have mine back by then....
Old 12-16-2010, 08:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Domsz06
I got to ride in the car last night coming home from Boston Pizza. Must say he is so spot on, the sound of the Blow off is AWESOME!! car runs like a top, and we did go over a few speed bumps with zero draggage!!

Can't wait to get a real ride in it!!

I'm down for a meet again if the v2 guys can come lol. Heck maybe I'll have mine back by then....
Might have some new toys for the V2 by Christmas, that's all I'm sayin
Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 AM
11 Second Club

Might have some new toys for the V2 by Christmas, that's all I'm sayin
New toys for My v2......... interesting

Last edited by Domsz06; 12-16-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

New toys for My v2, or new toys to play with while I'm in the V2
that sounded naughty...
Old 12-16-2010, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
that sounded naughty...
lol....!!!!! I edited it!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol....!!!!! I edited it!
hahaha...but now its no fun
Old 12-16-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol, are you being sarcastic? I can't take full credit for the idea, I've seen a few other forced induction setups run pipes similarly. Need Mo Powa just made his cold air intake and the pipe is itself a structural part of the fender and upper control arm mount. I think Bob with EPP ran a procharger charge pipe through the frame rail of a V, and way back in the day I used to browse a "Home Made Turbo" internet forum. (don't want to get this thread locked by advertising a competing forum) This was before they were bought out, and there was TONS of fab info there, now the forum kinda sucks. HMT is caters primarly to imports but the fab work and ideas are universal.

I know you are thinking about doing turbos, If this intake idea works I would definitely choose this location instead of a rear mount. On a stock height car ground clearance is not an issue.

You and me both, babying it around town is KILLING ME!!
No sarcasm there. I think its genuinely a good idea. I think since I'm dropping the subframe to rebuild the motor, I might want to look into routing stuff this way and putting turbos down where the cats are.

What does the area in front of the crossmember look like? Is it clear enough to run a 3" pipe forward?
Old 12-16-2010, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by killernoodle
No sarcasm there. I think its genuinely a good idea. I think since I'm dropping the subframe to rebuild the motor, I might want to look into routing stuff this way and putting turbos down where the cats are.

What does the area in front of the crossmember look like? Is it clear enough to run a 3" pipe forward?
I think there is room, I'll take pictures and post them when I start the subframe modification.

Quick Reply: My Twin Turbo build, with pictures!