Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Pulley/CAI swap, tune results. 09 A6.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Man the V2's are amazing....love that whine
Old 02-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got one more year before i can buy mine. i cannot wait
Old 02-13-2011, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

I'll tell you guys a couple things: Jamie did a great job with my installation requests, and Johan/Mike at Diablosports did a phenomenal job with the tune.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh decisions decisions... my nearly paid off V1 or a fat f*** it brand new V2.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

I came from a 300C-SRT8 with heads/cam; that thing was pretty fast for mild mods. I ran a best of 12.2 at 117 on street tires. As soon as the V2 came out, I knew it was going to be my next car. I have zero regrets and love driving it everyday.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LitiGATOR
I'll tell you guys a couple things: Jamie did a great job with my installation requests, and Johan/Mike at Diablosports did a phenomenal job with the tune.
Pleasure. My bad for leaving your lighter unplugged...i'm a douche.

Originally Posted by tony tone
oh decisions decisions... my nearly paid off V1 or a fat f*** it brand new V2.
Good to finally meet you in person the other day Tony, your car looks amazing in person. Great taste in looks of the vehicle. As sick as your car is,..I gotta tell you bro,..the V2,..is nothing short of amazing. I've driven a lot of the worlds exotics and luxary exotics,... this car is right there or better then the majority of them. Just look at this thing,..going 11.50's with 4 doors, with a pulley, airbox, heat exchanger and a tune...and still handles AWESOME at high speed(driven these things on runways )... all in all,...I love these things... GM did a fantastic job. The V1 is sweet but, the V2,..totally refined, and very, very solid from a mechanical point of view, in every way possible. Both awesome but, very different.

Originally Posted by LitiGATOR
I came from a 300C-SRT8 with heads/cam; that thing was pretty fast for mild mods. I ran a best of 12.2 at 117 on street tires. As soon as the V2 came out, I knew it was going to be my next car. I have zero regrets and love driving it everyday.

...there ya go.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Jamie, wrangle me up that other V if possible, so we can back these numbers up and get these tunes into the Trinity.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Jamie, wrangle me up that other V if possible, so we can back these numbers up and get these tunes into the Trinity.

On it. I sent hm a text and email...he responded finally on saturday,..forgot to mention that.... he's, as always, out of country but, he will be back on monday, or call me monday,..either way, he said it sounded awsesome, and he would be more then happy to stop by, since he lives right there.

Soo,..i'll let you know the moment he contacts me.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Good to finally meet you in person the other day Tony, your car looks amazing in person. Great taste in looks of the vehicle. As sick as your car is,..I gotta tell you bro,..the V2,..is nothing short of amazing. I've driven a lot of the worlds exotics and luxary exotics,... this car is right there or better then the majority of them. Just look at this thing,..going 11.50's with 4 doors, with a pulley, airbox, heat exchanger and a tune...and still handles AWESOME at high speed(driven these things on runways )... all in all,...I love these things... GM did a fantastic job. The V1 is sweet but, the V2,..totally refined, and very, very solid from a mechanical point of view, in every way possible. Both awesome but, very different.
[/B]
The pleasure was all mine brother. Thanks again for taking the time to go through all my concerns regarding the clutch issues you're going to resolve for me. I hope to have everything together by the end of the month so it won't be much longer.

As far as the V2, I couldn't agree more. I sat in one a year ago and couldn't be more amazed at the bang for buck realization. I've pictured so many aggressive ways to dress it up that I continue to lean more and more towards getting one. The day that happens you can bet on me leaving it your hands for more awesomeness!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tony tone
The pleasure was all mine brother. Thanks again for taking the time to go through all my concerns regarding the clutch issues you're going to resolve for me. I hope to have everything together by the end of the month so it won't be much longer.

As far as the V2, I couldn't agree more. I sat in one a year ago and couldn't be more amazed at the bang for buck realization. I've pictured so many aggressive ways to dress it up that I continue to lean more and more towards getting one. The day that happens you can bet on me leaving it your hands for more awesomeness!

Right on pimpin. Did that fluid help at all?
Old 02-13-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it's still pretty much the same, unfortunately. i'm sure a clutch kit will help things out....
Old 02-13-2011, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Aight.

If you feel like it, check that fluid level again for your clutch,...it may be bleeding out... add a little and see if you can make it last before we get the car in here. If its below 70% full,...add more.

Talk to you soon, lemme know if you need any help dawg...my phones always on.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

So, Marsad...videos???
Old 02-14-2011, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

So, Marsad...videos???

My friend's wife took the vide and I'm waiting on him to email it to me. Should have it soon. I took video with my Go Pro while I let my friend make a run, but the video didn't come out good since there's no zoom. I'll post the slip in a couple minutes.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Old 02-14-2011, 05:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Damn, 1.88 60'....track was hooking!

We had a 2nd V in here today (pulley/CAI) as a control subject.
Loaded the same tune to this car, and it responded with 540 rwhp/602 ft/lbs!!!!
It has a catback and a different CAI (full 4" inlet throughout) which may be the reason for the improved power (it also showed an extra .5 psi in the logs).
Either way, looks like a stout tune for the Pulley/CAI Vs!!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn, 1.88 60'....track was hooking!

We had a 2nd V in here today (pulley/CAI) as a control subject.
Loaded the same tune to this car, and it responded with 540 rwhp/602 ft/lbs!!!!
It has a catback and a different CAI (full 4" inlet throughout) which may be the reason for the improved power (it also showed an extra .5 psi in the logs).
Either way, looks like a stout tune for the Pulley/CAI Vs!!

...thats MY airbox beotch!!!

Old 02-14-2011, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man, we're so spoiled in this day for 'easy', although expensive, power! I remember when 400 hp was a challenge to get out of a SBC (pre 86) and 500 hp was insane power. Of course, you can get nutty power out of BBC, but so nice to be able to just add a couple parts and bam! That's cool, although too much $$ for me to get into (for $70k, I could build up what helluva car )
Old 02-14-2011, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JNR_Design
Man, we're so spoiled in this day for 'easy', although expensive, power! I remember when 400 hp was a challenge to get out of a SBC (pre 86) and 500 hp was insane power. Of course, you can get nutty power out of BBC, but so nice to be able to just add a couple parts and bam! That's cool, although too much $$ for me to get into (for $70k, I could build up what helluva car )
I agree, sick day and age.

...however, we can all build a 70K car but,...I can assure you, you won't duplicate this car, in every aspect. not in creature comforts,.brute power, thats quiet and liveable...with sheer class and refinement. I'm sure we could build something way faster but, again,..this thing is hard to beat in shear dynamics and useability.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No doubt the V2 is an amazing performance machine all around and not trying to take away from it at all, was just saying for me personally I could build something incredible for that kind of money, but at the same time, it's cool you can buy it now too. Unheard of not too awfully long ago...crazy!

Quick Reply: Pulley/CAI swap, tune results. 09 A6.