Go Back   LS1TECH > VEHICLE SPECIFIC FORUMS > Cadillac CTS-V
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Cadillac CTS-V
The Caddy with an Attitude...

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 03-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 9
Exclamation Speedometer not working

So magically my speedometer is not working. A little background: I busted my clock spring several months back when I did headers which disabled my steering controls and wouldn't allow me to switch to the digital reading speedometer on the dash. The regular speedometer was and has been working this whole time. Now that I've taken off the maggie, crank pulley, headers etc and put everything back to stock the speedometer doesn't work. My tuner can't find anything wrong. I did a search and found this problem when people messed with the transmission, but I haven't gone near the tranny (VSS Sensor).

Is there a VSS fuse anywhere? I checked but couldn't find anything.
Anything in the engine bay that controls speed?
I did suspension work, could I have damaged a hub sensor wire?

Not sure what to check here
deedubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 9

bump....any ideas?
deedubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:27 AM   #3
TECH Fanatic
2010 Cadillac CTS
My Garage

Trader Rating: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedubb View Post
Is there a VSS fuse anywhere? I checked but couldn't find anything.
Anything in the engine bay that controls speed?
I did suspension work, could I have damaged a hub sensor wire?
The speedo is run on the Tranny speed and nothing else (i believe). But i dont know where or if the V has a fuse for that. Could just be the sensor inside the trans has gone bad, and need to be reseated or replaced.

inside the engine bay, i dont think so. the only thing in there could be the ECM and PCM. but if i remember correct the only place that information on the gage cluster is stored, is on the gage cluster. so you may need a new one.

i had an error with one of my "speed" sensor in the right rear, but my speedo still worked just fine. the only thing those speed sensors are for is the TC and Stabilitrak.

But I have less wheel hop than your V1
ColeGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:27 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, cadillac, cts, digital, firebird, ls1tech, pickup, pontiac, problems, speedo, speedometer, speedometert, stopped, transmission, working