Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New owner question

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New owner question

Hey guys, I am not new too the site but I am a new V owner. I brought my 05 home the other night & my fiance wanted to try the dvd player. It worked great until she went to eject the disc. It won't eject! Anyone else experienced this?

While we are on the subject, guess anyone make a bypass module so that dvds can be played while the car is moving?
Old 05-30-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry can't help you on it not ejecting, but was going to ask if that dvd had a label on it maybe, making it thicker?

As for playing DVD's, I have not done this, but if you search around, there is a series of buttons on the right that you press and it allows this.

I don't know if that works on the nav, but sure would be nice if it did, as our nanny nav systems suck in that regard! (not that I use it much, but when I'm on a long trip and driving on the interstate and the thing is set wierd to keep trying to make me exit on every one, it would be nice to change it while driving...What happens if you have a passenger and they want to help navigate? IMO, at the minimum GM should've tied into the pass. airbag sensor on th seat to let you do this when a passenger was onboard, if nothing else. I'm glad I don't need or use nav systems much other than for fun, otherwise I'd be super disappointed in this pos we have to deal with, lol.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Here are the steps to be driving, riding, and watching (Be safe, if you are diving, do not watch screen!!)

Step 1
Put in DVD.
Step 2
Play DVD (Do not leave it at the front menu, if you do not start the DVD you will not be able to start it after you begin to drive.)
Step 3
While playing - Hold the ‘forward seek’ button then hit the second from the bottom buttons on the right hand side of the DVD screen. (You will see a little flicker)
Step 4
Now disable the parking break and make sure that the DVD stays on.
Step 5
Enjoy
Old 05-30-2011, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ this. And if it goes to a gps boot screen, just hit the same combination of buttons again.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my passengers love driving and watching movies at the same time!!! lol
Old 05-30-2011, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's awesome! Thanks guys. I really am bummed about the disc not ejecting. I am afraid to put something in there to try prying it out.

Quick Reply: New owner question