Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

H&R Spring Drop Measurements

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up H&R Spring Drop Measurements

This thread is just for people to post the ACTUAL drop measured after installing H&R brand springs only!

This is not for discussing anything more, all that is needed are actual measurements of before and after the installation of H&R springs, with or without spacers, doesn't matter.

Just post your front and rear before & after measurements along with the install date of your springs, thanks in advance.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Install Date: June 18, 2011

Driver Front - Before - 27 1/4" - After - 25 7/8"
Pass Front - Before - 27 1/2" - After - 25 7/8"

Driver Rear - Before - 27 7/8" - After - 25 6/8"
Pass Rear - Before - 27 5/8" - After - 26 1/8"
Old 06-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Paging Itsslow98.. Itsslow98 please report to the latest H&R lowering spring discussion thread!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
Paging Itsslow98.. Itsslow98 please report to the latest H&R lowering spring discussion thread!
I made a new thread showing my lowering
Old 06-22-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

LOL Edmund. I suppose I might as well chime in...

CamminV6 - Sorry dude, but I've lost my damn measurements. They were in my note app on my iPhone, which I just updated the firmware on and re-jailbroke. It erased all my 'notes'.

From memory and after searching through my posts of recent:

Rears on stock springs - 27 3/4"
Rears on H&R's with MM spacers - 25 7/8"

And evidence that it's the springs and not the spacers causing the ~ 2" drop:
Rears on cut OEM springs and MM spacers - Between 26 3/8" & 26 1/2"
Old 06-22-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Come on guys...really?
Old 06-22-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by whisler151
Come on guys...really?
Originally Posted by wes8398
And just for humor's sake, let's see your post BEFORE you edited it...

Originally Posted by whisler151
Please add me to your list. I modified my rear suspension mounts from what H&R used in their testing and am now complaining with the results. It is too low.

Please advise.

Even with proof that the MM spacers aren't the cause of the excessive drop (compared to H&R's claims), you still can't accept it...

LOL Email notifications be damned, eh?
Wrong thread there turbo. I posted that in the 5th post of this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...ct-height.html

You are a noob that needs some education. You are frustrated with your H&R plus MM mod results. Either ditch the MM mod and go with traditional spacers or shut up. H&R is not going to help you out, you modified the location of the suspension!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

hey bud, how about ya just beat it? Educate me? Come on. I'm a VERY reasonable guy. I've explained plenty of times why I'm talking with H&R and it's NOT because I'm trying to get ANYTHING out of it. I'm trying to look out for other folks who buy the springs and expect the drop that they claim. Their claim either needs to be changed, or their springs need to change, cause REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SPACERS ARE USED OR NOT, THEY'RE NOT GIVING THE ADVERTISED DROP. Shame on me for lookin' out for the next guy. Fack...

And my bad on the 'quote' ... still doesn't take away from the fact that your post HERE was a pretty hypocritical one.
colegraham just lowered his about a month ago with h&rs with spacers. biought them direct from H&R and wouldnt you know it.......perfect height!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

Colegraham was obviously ok with getting nearly twice the advertised drop from the springs then ... your point?

Sorry for littering your thread Justin (OP). It's beyond frustrating when people wont accept proven fact though. I'm deleting the BS from earlier.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Colegraham was obviously ok with getting nearly twice the advertised drop from the springs then ... your point?

Sorry for littering your thread Justin (OP). It's beyond frustrating when people wont accept proven fact though. I'm deleting the BS from earlier.
Ill do you the favor of measuring a bone stock V on saturday and then measuring mine and posting the results. Ill even take pictrues for proof that you can forward to H&R if youd like.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

the problem is H&R advertises one thing and the results are no where close to that. Their answer to both of us was to remove them and attempt to get a refund the seller. If we could show that we are not the only 2 people out of the 1000's they claim to have sold that got more drop than advertised then they would probably do something to correct the problem. all I wanted in this thread was peoples measurements, if you car dropped 3 inches and you love it fine, we just needed to show that there are way more than a couple people who saw a more than advertised drop.

Quick Reply: H&R Spring Drop Measurements