Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Who did H&R's and got the perfect height!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thumbs up Who did H&R's and got the perfect height!!!!!

Here is one picture of my car before i lowered it and the rest lowered with mightymouse spacers..........PERFECT stance. Figured there were 8 other H&R threads why not add another.
Attached Thumbnails Who did H&R's and got the perfect height!!!!!-v-best.jpg   Who did H&R's and got the perfect height!!!!!-v-rolling.jpg   Who did H&R's and got the perfect height!!!!!-hot-rod-2010-1.jpg   Who did H&R's and got the perfect height!!!!!-car-3-10.jpg  
Old 06-22-2011, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

here is stock ride height it wouldnt let me upload into the first post.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
untitled.bmp (248.1 KB, 270 views)
Old 06-22-2011, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is such a small bore 500hp 13.x flithy ****
Old 06-22-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Who's the dude photo-bombing pic 3? lol

By the way, I've got a few threads (3 or 4) on the topic of H&R's that you might wanna read. Looks like your drop was a bit different than mine ...

PS -
Originally Posted by itsslow98
lowered with mightymouse spacers.........
It wasn't the spacers that lowered ya, it was the springs .. although those spacers KEPT ya lowered in pic 2.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Please add me to your list. I modified my rear suspension mounts from what H&R used in their testing and am now complaining with the results. It is too low.

Please advise.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by whisler151
Please add me to your list. I modified my rear suspension mounts from what H&R used in their testing and am now complaining with the results. It is too low.

Please advise.
im putting a 22x13 inch wheel on mine at the moment, then ill shoot Cadillac and H&R an email.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wes8398
Who's the dude photo-bombing pic 3? lol

By the way, I've got a few threads (3 or 4) on the topic of H&R's that you might wanna read. Looks like your drop was a bit different than mine ...

PS -

It wasn't the spacers that lowered ya, it was the springs .. although those spacers KEPT ya lowered in pic 2.
If the spacers play no part in the lowering of the car......then describe to me why I have the exact same height whether the car sits for 8 days or if i drive it on a 4 hr trip?
Old 06-22-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

im putting a 22x13 inch wheel on mine at the moment, then ill shoot Cadillac and H&R an email.
If the spacers play no part in the lowering of the car......then describe to me why I have the exact same height whether the car sits for 8 days or if i drive it on a 4 hr trip?
i am going to have to ask you to consolidate you 2 posts into one...there is no need for 2 post by the same person in a row in the same thread.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

The spacers KEEP you lowered when the car is moving, which is when the Nivomats are active and would otherwise be pumping it back up to OEM ride height. That's why.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wes8398
The spacers KEEP you lowered when the car is moving, which is when the Nivomats are active and would otherwise be pumping it back up to OEM ride height. That's why.
So if the H&Rs are lowering me too much, then why doesn't my car drop an inch lower when its parked?
Old 06-22-2011, 11:03 PM
TECH Resident

What's "too much" to you? Facts are getting lost in translation here. Let's forget about "too much". I'm saying that MY H&R's (and other member's) gave way more of a drop than they advertised. Period. The only other thing I'm saying is that it's NOT because of the MM spacers either, it's because of the springs. If it were the spacers that were 'making' my car lower, then my taller springs (cut OEM's) would have been pushed down to the same height at the H&R's were. The fact is, the taller springs resulted in a taller ride height. See what I'm saying?
I'm not trying to pick fights here and I'm really trying not to litter this place with back and fourth BS pissing contests. What I AM doing is trying to make sure that the right information is out there for the next guy that comes along wanting to lower his V.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

I dont see how you can compare a cut stock spring to an aftermarket spring. Just because the actual sring is taller means absolutely nothing. Its not an apples to apples comparison.

I will measure a stock V and mine on saturday and post results.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont see how you can compare a cut stock spring to an aftermarket spring. Just because the actual sring is taller means absolutely nothing. Its not an apples to apples comparison.

I will measure a stock V and mine on saturday and post results.
Your right...... you cant
Old 06-22-2011, 11:50 PM
TECH Resident

By taller springs, I didn't mean physically taller when set beside each other on the garage floor. I just meant springs that achieved a taller ride height.

The whole point is that I kept the MM spacers installed, put different springs in (it doesn't matter whether they were cut or not), and got a taller ride height. This is the pudding that proves that the MM spacers are NOT what determine your ride height. It's the SPRING. MM spacers don't lower you. The spring lowers you. The MM spacer KEEPS you lowered when you're moving and the shocks are trying to auto level.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they both play a factor..... That's what you gotta understand. There should be no fighting match at all. The plain fact that H&R, Eibach..... Whatever Asian spring you put in your car, before and after MM spacers they are going to have a different ride height each time...... end of story. That's why they are sold. For people that dont get the full drop from regular springs.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Launching!

The spacers themselves don't determine ride height.. They keep the SHOCKS from affecting your ride height. All dependent on relative drop amounts of course. I'm pretty happy with the drop I got from H&Rs and the MM spacers. Like I said before I'll probably shim up the rear by just less than half an inch to get uniform wheel gap front and back, just because I'm super ****. Honestly I could live with the way it is now and be perfectly happy.

I was re-reading a long PDF file that I have that explains how the nimovat shocks work, and some of the details in there really illustrate why the MM spacers allow the rear to sit lower. Biggest factor that affects ride height from the nimovats is that the further you compress them, the more they start to act like a spring themselves, meaning that when you artificially compress the shock further than it's original design intended, (i.e. lowering springs with no spacers) it begins to act like a spring itself, partially supporting the rear weight of the car, and thus keeping the ride height higher than it would be if the same springs were used with non-leveling shocks. It also said that once the rear shocks have reached their "happy place" after driving around, it can be a long time before they re-settle because of the tight internal tolerances of the various valves and chambers. So it's entirely possible that one could be driving around with a rear end that's perpetually "pumped up" by the rear shocks and not ever see or notice the suspension settling to a lower point.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

My H&Rs set up. Don't get more perfect than this. RC531 spacers

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Big Bu Bu
My H&Rs set up. Don't get more perfect than this. RC531 spacers

Perfection!

I just started looking into to shock spacers so sorry if this is a stupid question but are those RC531 spacers similar or the same as the ones that the member "Nels" is selling?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Launching!

H&R/MM's

Looks good to me
Old 06-23-2011, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

I think the RC531s are close.

Quick Reply: Who did H&R's and got the perfect height!!!!!