Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

12" alum fuel cell

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb 12" alum fuel cell

12" deep fuel cell by 30" length by 9" wide [ easy fit ]
With all the problems with putting fuel pumps in our POS fuel tank,,why not put 2 walbro's or a 340 Automotive pump in a fuel cell in the trunk!!wouldn't it be a lot easier?? and would a 12" deep fuel cell be deep enough?? and could u run both tanks at the same time??? would that hinder pressure or give more pressure...thanks Greg..
I know a lot of questions, but a fuel cell that would be a simple bolt in.... without the pita of pulling the tank and having to cram one in seems like a good idea..
Old 06-29-2011, 10:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It would probably fit in the spare tire well nicely and be out of the way. I would run a magafuel pump or aeromotive A1000 and ditch the stock tank. You would have to talk to a fuel system expert though like Lonnies performance.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by itsslow98
It would probably fit in the spare tire well nicely and be out of the way. I would run a magafuel pump or aeromotive A1000 and ditch the stock tank. You would have to talk to a fuel system expert though like Lonnies performance.
Yeah, it would be nice to put in the spare tire well,,but u know i don't have one LOL
Old 06-29-2011, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

haha forgot about that. give lonnies performance a call they will get you set up.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default fuel cell

Originally Posted by itsslow98
haha forgot about that. give lonnies performance a call they will get you set up.
I called and talked to him last year and never thought of a fuel cell....just asked what i needed for fuel to feed 8 to 900hp and he gave me a quote of $2,100.00 plus shp.the tank both ways to PA. He never mentioned the fuel cell application....He just told me it is a pita to put the pump in due to the design of the tank.....plus i think the pump is about $1,800.00.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

They have done a ton of high hp apps so they money is well spent. some things arent worth going cheap on.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok...

What the **** is the point of a fuel cell in the damn trunk of a Cadillac...?...if you didn’t buy a V that someone was stupid enough to cut out the spare tire well, it could go in there (where most of the guys with Meth Injection put their tanks). This car is not a damn drag car...its 4000 pounds with IRS...the a reason that guys with well over 500 run high 11s at best. This is a road car, roll racer, cruiser, whatever the hell you want to call. It absolutely sucks from a dig...

I see all this talk about the big grand plans you have for the V, and you do nothing. And when you actually do something, you don’t listen to the Tuner Shop (one of the BEST in the country I might add); blow up something because you didn’t listen. And then proceed to blame the Tuner and stop payment on the check you wrote. From everything I have seen in the year I have been on this forum, you are all talk and don’t have the ***** to go through with it. Youu bought a pile of crap turbo car the build that the build was so half assed from mikenice. When you do ask question you get all shy when someone tell you how much it will cost to get it done right.

Cheap, Fast, Reliable...Pick 2. Either: don’t be a Jew and spend the money and do it right...or...sell your ******* car and quit asking retarded questions or coming up with these asinine ideas that make no damn sense.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

I see someone took over my douschebag position in the cadillac section!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ummm yeah, /end thread, /end CTS-V section, /end the internet, goodbye

Quick Reply: 12" alum fuel cell