Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Best shift knob for the V... Any thread!!!

Old 07-12-2011, 11:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best shift **** for the V... Any thread!!!

Well fellas,
I'm gonna be modding my stock shifter with GulfM3 this weekend coming so i need to find a shift **** i like. Im looking for suggestions. It doesnt matter what connection the **** has. We will cut and weld the proper threads on the handle if needed.

So.... If you could run any shift **** in your V... What would it be??

I need the help deciding and finding a nice **** quick. lol

Thanks guys!!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think I'm going with the white ****, so I would have the black one for sale. I'm sure you saw the pics.

But, I have never seen a screen name fit someone ever so accurately! I thought I was bad . . .
Old 07-13-2011, 12:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Do you have a link or pic you can post bro? Sorry, been looking at so much stuff i dont remember it. lol

I know man... its like a disease at times but its fun! haha
Old 07-13-2011, 02:10 AM
TECH Veteran

I kinda like the UUC black/billet **** but i don't know what the price is on it. It looks pretty slick but it also looks like it might be a little on the small side for this car.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Pics as requested (none installed yet because as of today, the car is still at the body shop, 2 months!):

Old 07-13-2011, 10:57 AM
TECH Veteran

I like em both. How much do you want for that black **** and what size thread would I need to weld on the shifter?
Old 07-13-2011, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
I like em both. How much do you want for that black **** and what size thread would I need to weld on the shifter?
$65 shipped = my cost plus shipping (it'll obviously fit in a priority box for $5).

16mm x 1.5

I tried both ***** on the thread on my shifter (thanks again azn2dmax) & it fit flawlessly. It includes a jam nut too.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok. Let me look around a little more before I buy it. Just want to be sure I get something I'll be happy with. I definitely like it... Just saw a couple other on that site that looked pretty cool. Is that thread size most common? I'm hoping i'm going to have a lot of options should I want to swap the **** out to try another one later.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Launching!

Partial to the TWM Performance weighted *****. That's actually not a very good pic. I'll get another in a few..

Old 07-13-2011, 12:43 PM
TECH Veteran

I actually really like the look of that ****! The black and billet fits well with the shifter bezel and the rest of the interior. Even a solid black **** would look nice.

What do those run price wise?
Old 07-13-2011, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

those round billiard looking ***** are awesome!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like the combat knife! I want to get my Blackhawk holster mounted similarly where the pistol is concealed, but accessible. (Gotta love Texas . . . )
Old 07-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Eh... Not cheap. This particular ****, with the gunmetal finish, and with that top pattern ran about $160. They only advertise that particular shift gate pattern engraving as being available on the stainless, satin, or mirror finishes, so if you want it with the gunmetal finish, you have to wait for them to run a fresh batch of ***** so that it can be engraved and ran through plating. Took an extra few weeks to get, but it was worth it. The other nice thing about it, is the way it fits on, using a threaded collar that set-screws in place on the shifter stalk so no actual shifter modification is needed. It also allows for a little bit of extra height adjustment, in where the final height of your **** ends up being.

Only drawback to it, is it gets DAMN hot in the summer here in AZ.

Last edited by EdmundGTP; 07-13-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LAYGO
I like the combat knife! I want to get my Blackhawk holster mounted similarly where the pistol is concealed, but accessible. (Gotta love Texas . . . )
The sheath of that knife actually sits into a modified paddle holster. The knife/sheath is only there when my gun isn't.. And yes, it's nice to live in a FREE state.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
The sheath of that knife actually sits into a modified paddle holster. The knife/sheath is only there when my gun isn't.. And yes, it's nice to live in a FREE state.
As I understand it, AZ has open carry, right? Do you actually OC?

/ThreadJack!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Derek... I got that second sensor shipped out to you today bro!

Laygo... I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out! Lol that's bad ***! I'm about to buy another gun to carry. I'm a glock fan but I'm really like the S&W M&P pistols. I want an all black .40 or .45 cal. Prob a mid-size so it's easy to carry.

Edmund... That **** looks amazing! Love the finish! I also like the suede shift boot! I would probably run either the gunmetal or satin finish. Satin for sure if I decide to paint my car matte/satin black! just wonder how well the finish would hold up but for that price, it better stay perfect forever lol
Old 07-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LAYGO
As I understand it, AZ has open carry, right? Do you actually OC?

/ThreadJack!

Nah. Always concealed in the Phoenix metro area, if I'm out in rural lands I'll OC. Though it's not unusual at all to encounter folks OC-ing here in the city. Spotting a glock on some guy's hip while shopping the produce section is a more than welcome sight as far as I'm concerned, but unfortunately not everyone else agrees. I just prefer to keep low key..

And NVR, I've had that **** installed for about 6 months and it still looks the same as when it was new. It's had lots of hand sweat "cooked" on to it from the heat here and it cleans off nicely, no matter what. That type of surface finish is general pretty resistant to wear. Unless you're shifting while wearing gloves made of 60 grit sandpaper, the finish should hold up for years with no problem. Another thing I didn't mention previously, is that the weight of it (well over a pound) really adds a nice "feel" to the shifting action. Makes it feel like the system has a little more "momentum" and that you're not just yanking on a little twig sticking out of a sandbox.

Last edited by EdmundGTP; 07-13-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

thread jack...

where did you get that shift boot from?

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
Eh... Not cheap. This particular ****, with the gunmetal finish, and with that top pattern ran about $160. They only advertise that particular shift gate pattern engraving as being available on the stainless, satin, or mirror finishes, so if you want it with the gunmetal finish, you have to wait for them to run a fresh batch of ***** so that it can be engraved and ran through plating. Took an extra few weeks to get, but it was worth it. The other nice thing about it, is the way it fits on, using a threaded collar that set-screws in place on the shifter stalk so no actual shifter modification is needed. It also allows for a little bit of extra height adjustment, in where the final height of your **** ends up being.

Only drawback to it, is it gets DAMN hot in the summer here in AZ.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Twig out of a sandbox! Lol Good analogy! Looks like I may have to sell my left leg to get that damn ****. Lol it's just hard to swallow spending that much for a shift **** but it sure looks solid, professional and classy in there.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Yeah I really liked the look of it. It looks/feels really nice and really looks like it "belongs" with the rest of the interior. You could get it without any engraving on the top to save some money on it. The shift pattern isn't THAT hard to remember. Haha.

AZN the boot is from redlinegoods.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best shift knob for the V... Any thread!!!