Search

Cadillac CTS-V
The Caddy with an Attitude...

anyone heard this clutch noise?

Old 07-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
On The Tree

Trader Rating: 1
Default anyone heard this clutch noise?

I have 2006 V with 6 K miles, no racing or abuse (except for an occasional burnout to test for wheel hop). Nice and quiet at work parking lot tonight with windows down. I noticed backing up slowly or going forward in first, when I push in the clutch I hear a very light sort of double "thunk-thunk" coming right from where I believe the clutch lives. In the old days we would have said "throwout bearing is going," but I doubt with this history and low mileage that is the case. Is there anything adjustable at all in the clutch assembly? This is definetly my weak point-haven't driven anything with a clutch except motorcycles in a long time. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.
second owner 06 V LS2, Infrared/Cashmere, 3M Clear Bra, 112 Maggie, Innovators West harmonic balancer, OBX 1 7/8 with resonators, Hendrix 1000 axles/cvs, Racetronix in tank fuel pump, UUC shifter, 483 RWHP, 470 tq., Max boost 9.06.
LS2duc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
TECH Addict

Trader Rating: 13

With that few miles it's hard to believe there has been a failure already. I would check the pinion bolt and make sure it's tight. If it's tight, make sure tge bushing is still good. After that I would think about motor mounts, maybe a trans mount, maybe the dual mass turd is clunking. That's about all I can think of. I'm sure others will chime in.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx64/micronut154/yamaha2.jpg
08 Yamaha R1 Candy Red

04 Raven CTS-V Forged and Maggied
raven154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2

with 6k miles ur clutch is probably barley broken in. Especially with the dual mass. there shouldnt be n e thing wrong at 6k
wcryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
On The Tree

Trader Rating: 1

thanks guys-sure doesn't feel like anything wrong. Since the upgrades I have noticed some new noises in the driveline. Just stuff that others report as "normal" for the V1 series.
second owner 06 V LS2, Infrared/Cashmere, 3M Clear Bra, 112 Maggie, Innovators West harmonic balancer, OBX 1 7/8 with resonators, Hendrix 1000 axles/cvs, Racetronix in tank fuel pump, UUC shifter, 483 RWHP, 470 tq., Max boost 9.06.
LS2duc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:37 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
cadillac, chatter, clutch, clutchin, cts, ctsv, noise, noisy, uuc