Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Have a mystery...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have a mystery...

Ok, lately I have been getting the dreaded "service stability system" on the DIC that seems to be popping up a lot here lately. Well it happend on the way home so I stopped in at the AdvanceAuto and had them read the codes, I was wanting to see if it was the SWPS or the wheel sensors. It happens randomly but only under sharp steering, never while just driving down the highway straight.

Anyway, the codes the guy pulls are B0050/B0051 Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor...so I thought ok, just a bad connection that I can fix. He and I both agreed that was probably it.

Then he scrolled down farther and it came up B0253...Centering Malfunction. He had never seen that one before...???

Anyone with any ideas? I have been searching all over and nothing comes up with those codes.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like a problem with the steering position sensor.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by STAGEUP
Sounds like a problem with the steering position sensor.
Damn, I hope not, dont really want to take out the dash to fix it.....
Old 08-02-2011, 06:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not much of the dash has to come out. Just the a few plastic pieces below the steering column, a metal piece, and 4 bolts on the steering column itself. There are also two plastic pieces on the side that are helpful to take off and they just pop off.

It was a 2 hour job for me with a spare set of hands. And that included multiple stops to go look at the write-up on Cadillacforums.com's forum. And a drink break or three.

Quick Reply: Have a mystery...