Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Transmission popping out of 2nd, Dealer not willing to fix saga.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission popping out of 2nd, Dealer not willing to fix saga.

So I did a search and I found some stuff back in like 05 and 06, but I was curious if their has been anymore info found on an actual problem, ie. shiftfork, synchro etc.

I realize this is almost 100% linked to the synchro's but I find it strange that under hard down shift, up shift, or any other time... I don't have an issue.

Scenario:
Doing 40mph, come to a red light, put the car in 2nd, light changes to green at 15mph, let out clutch, shifter pops out.

The dealership I just bought the car from is being a complete bs pita. It did it hours after leaving the dealership and i've been strung around now for 3 weeks. My Lawyer is returning to town on Monday and if I don't have a resolve from them by then, then he will take over.

In the mean time, I need to get the car fixed.

Last edited by dr.duct_mossburg; 08-06-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

What state are you in? Most have some kind of lemon protection on used (and new) vehicles.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Check your motor and trans mount. Mine would do that every once in a while before I changed out the motor mounts
Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea check your MM's I had shifting issues before I changed them as well
Old 08-04-2011, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Motor and trans mounts are good. I wasn't sure if maybe linkage or bushings?

What is mm?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

MM = motor mounts in this case.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

Still sounds like a syncro
Old 08-05-2011, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

I talked to the Assistant sales manager and he seemed to lack the intelligence required to place two and two together. He kept talking about the warranty being 50% parts and labor and didn't get the fact that this was a pre-existing problem. I was very cool at first until he turned to a pre-recorded robot of how the warranty works and how they were only responsible for yada yada so then I got angry.. Keep in mind I have made well over 10 phone calls to this dealership and may have received a total of three back. Here's the history..

Purchased the car on Monday, the 18th of July at around 10am.

-At around 4-5 pm I noticed the car to be popping out of gear occasionally, so I called and asked to speak to the sales person, to which I was told he had left for the day. Navigation disk also is not reading.

7/19
I call the dealership first thing in the morning.. No answer, I leave a VM. I have now experienced this multiple times.

7/20
Still no return call.. I call again.. leave another VM.

7/20
Several hours later, I call again and ask to speak to a sales manager. My sales guy now all of a sudden is standing in the sales manager's office. Claims that I left the wrong number on his VM. Now keep in mind I have had the same number for over 6 years, and he has about 4 pieces of paper that have my number on it. I am told since I live so far away to book an appointment with my local caddy dealer to have the car looked at.

7/21
Book an appointment with Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria Va.

7/27
Go to Lindsay. Arrive at 10am. Call the purchasing dealer to verify what they need. Again, no reponse, I leave a VM. Lindsay says either rebuild the trans, or replace it but they cant say unless they take it apart. I call the dealer with the information.. Again, No answer. I leave VM. After countless calls and 2.5hrs of sitting in the dealer lobby, I call and stress how ridiculous and un happy I am with them to the receptionist. She tells me my sales rep is off that day.. Convenient?.. I now ask to speak to a GM.. SURPRISE!!! 15 seconds later, my sales rep walks in to "help a customer on his day off". Tells me to get a quote and fax it to him and he will call me tomorrow. I do so. Guys at Lindsay are top notch! and dont charge me a dime.

7/28
I call dealer, guess...... VM. Leave message for them to call me back. I get a call several hours later. Manager sales I have to bring the car there for work because they don't trust lindsay to "have an open ticket". I book a service appointment for the following Wednesday 8/3. I explain for the 4th or 5th time that this was a pre-existing condition and I'm not willing to pay anything. After all a tranny repair would put me $3-4k under when being done by a dealership. The car is not worth that much more. "someone will get back to me".

8/2
Call and leave VM again, asking for my answer. No return call.

8/3
I call and leave another VM. No response.

I call again 30 min later... Sales rep is "off" again.. Ask to speak to a manager... He is "off". Ask to speak with a GM.... "I can only leave him a VM"..... lol at this point. I leave a VM.. Ten minutes later the Assistant manager calls and tells me the story originally listed. I tell him that this is un-acceptable and that our sales agreement states that they have inspected and road tested the vehicle and deem it to be in serviceable condition (which it is not). That it states the warranty takes effect at the date of purchase for any post purchase mechanical failures to the drive line, (which this is not). He explains that he can't make the call to have it fixed for free and to "let him talk to some people". No return call that day.

8/4

I call and ask to speak to the ASM, VOICEMAIL!!! I leave a VM and still as of 8/5 have not received a return call..

AH!!!!

My lawyer returns from Vacation Monday and is the former state prosecutor and attorney general candidate, he's good at what he does. He will take over from here. I am not seeking that this is not only fixed 100%, but do to the lack of integrity and good faith of the purchasing dealer, I am requesting that the repair work be done at Lindsay Cadillac.

De state law:
Warrant of Merchantability — A warrant of merchantability is an implied warranty and says that a vehicle will run like it's supposed to. While it doesn't cover every component of a vehicle, it does apply to its basic functions. In this instance, the buyer has to prove that the defect was present at the time of sale

Jesus I can't wait until this is over with.

Quick Reply: Transmission popping out of 2nd, Dealer not willing to fix saga.