Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Sold the V... :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 01:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sold the V... :(

Well fellas,
I've had the itch for something else for awhile and I finally decided to let her go. Its been fun but its the car I've owned the longest (year and a half) and I'm ready for my next toy. Im not 100% sure what i want yet but I'm kicking a few ideas around. I thought a couple times i was going to trade it or sell it before but something always made me change my mind to keep it because either the trade wasn't really something i wanted or wasn't going to workout as planned or I just didn't think i was getting enough for it to part with it. The sale was unexpected this time. I went ahead and installed all the goodies i bought for it with full intentions of keeping her. It just so happens that one of my buddies that was installing everything on the car with me had another buddy stop by at the shop who saw the car and ended up making me an offer for me to sell it to him. I thought about it for a couple days and in the end, i feel the price he's paying is good for both of us. I would have liked more but getting more would have probably taken awhile and if i was gonna do it, i figured now is the time so i can save myself from the lowballers and tire kickers. I also like the fact that he's a good friend of my buddy so at least i know its going to a good home where I'll prob still get to see it now and then. His bank already gave him the approval. Were just waiting for the bank to do their part with the paperwork and he should be picking it up tomorrow. Its a bitter sweet feeling but I'm sure I'll be happy again when i figure out what i want next.

So anyway, I'll be out of the V crew it looks like but possibly back in a V2 in the future. I'll be poking around here anyway regardless what i decide to get.

As far as what i plan to get next, I'm ultimately trying to decide if i want to buy something i can pay cash for right now so I can eliminate the payment and save some money to put down as a downpayment on a house or if i would rather just go ahead and get the car I really want and have less to put down on a house and also take on another car note. I'm leaning toward something i can pay cash for at this point which unfortunately means $10k or so. It sucks but its probably the more responsible and better route to go for now. So... that being said, of the cars in that price range, I'm most likely looking at a nice built f-body. I've always liked those cars and with some searching, I know i can easily find a clean one with nice mods for what I'm looking to spend. Any other ideas for my price range? Im open to anything I like as long as its nice, fast and reliable.

If i were to take the less responsible option, I'd be dropping a downpayment on a C6 Z06 and taking on another note. You have no idea how tempting this is but I'm thinking I should probably wait until i'm settled in a house before i go and buy my dream car. lol
Old 09-16-2011, 02:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fbody prices were outrageous when I was looking, if you do find one make sure it has a built rear. I wouldnt take out another loan. I just sold my jet ski and couldnt be happier to have that payment gone.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah bro, no payment is looking pretty attractive. You're right on f-body prices. Everyone wants a million bucks for em but you can still find good deals on them here and there. My buddy actually has a pretty nice SS he's willing to sell me. Its not 100% for sale but he has some other things going on and said if i wanted it, he'd let it go and use the money on some other things he'd like to focus on. Its a t-top 99 with 130k on the body. Clean carfax with original black paint (not perfect considering the color and age but not bad either) with grey leather interior (drivers seat needs to be replaced) and all power options. Has a built motor with forged internals (nitrous ready but never sprayed), PRC stage 2.5 heads, .600 lift cam, brand new t-56 trans, brand new spec stage 3 clutch and tick master, LS6 intake, FTP lid, ARH LT's, o/r y pipe, 4" mufflex dumped, UPR k-member and coilovers, adjustable rears, etc. He has pics of the work and all receipts for everything. HID's in the lights, alpine screen, focal components, JL sub and amp, clifford alarm, etc. Clean car with a lot of goodies. Motor has less than 6k on it and the tranny has less than 500. A/C and heat both work great. It would be a fun/fast daily. Makes around 440 RWHP. Ill have the exact number this week when he has it retuned at G-force. Only thing that isn't done is the rear end but i believe it has axels and 3.73's. I'd go moser 12 bolt if it were me. He'd like $8k for it but I'm sure he'd cut me a good deal since I'm a good buddy of his. Like maybe $7k if i flashed the cash. With a moser 12-bolt and a shot of gas, it would be a serious street warrior. Its built to handle a 250 shot but I'd prob run a 100-150 to spray the odd time since i'd be driving it daily. He has the nitrous kit for it but hasn't been installed yet. At this point, for the price, its pretty tempting. Car runs and drives super solid but has a few minor flaws that would be a cheap fix like any 12 year old car thats been driven. On a 150 shot, the car would make 560ish at the wheels. On motor it runs mid 11's. It would easily be a 10 second car on the gas.

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 09-16-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you have the longest posts I've ever seen in my life. But from only reading a couple of them I know your a good guy. And best of luck to all ur future purchases. If you bought a V we all know you have good taste

Continue on with that vette idea. They never let anyone down
Old 09-16-2011, 05:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a DEAL on that fbody, throw a midwest chassis fab 9 inch in it, some slicks, and a 250 shot and youll have a 9 second car.

I just don't like buying from friends.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can find nice C5's in the $12-14k range, which I'd say is a steal compared to a Z28/SS at $10k.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never Satisfied....I think your name says it all boss.

I do like the Z06 idea.....but why don't you go through the winter with no payment, and then start looking after Christmas while it's still cold. Better deals on sports cars then.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:32 AM
Launching!

Damn I remember you were just looking for mufflers a few days ago lol. That was quick!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:45 AM
12 Second Club

Whaaaattt??????

Well that sucks. I would not buy another f-body unless I was building it to go single digits. They are just too basic, especially compared to the V. Now a Z06 has the right kind of ring to it!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the say I'm quite surprised. I'll also say the traffic in this forum may definitely be reduced without you whorin it up. Good luck man.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've never seen a name more fitting for someone . . .
Old 09-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Launching!

DAMNIT! You didn't give me a chance to see this car in person. Oh well, hope all goes well in your future endeavors. Do you still have that Diablo tuner? If so, I may be able to take it off your hands...
Old 09-16-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Wcryan... Lol! Yeah, pretty sure its the best screen name I've ever picked for myself. Lol And sorry about the long posts. I got in the zone and type and type and type. haha But thank you sir!

RRsV... Yeah, it happened quick. I wanted mufflers for it and then I got a call from my buddy with the offer so i was thinking selling the car is now or never for me.

itsslow98... That 99 SS is a pretty good deal. Its not a show car but with everything done to it, it would be a fun and reliable car that with a few things would be super clean.

As far as searching for a vette when its colder, that's probably a good idea. I may do that. And no worries guys... I'll still be whorin it up over here regardless. lol

UPDATE...

The buyer just text me this morning and although the approval is there and paperwork is in the process of being completed with the bank and it was a done deal, he said he's going to look at another one tomorrow and he's gonna let me know. Just kinda weird since he's been texting me non-stop to rush things with the bank so he could have it by this weekend and now that things are this close (would have been finalized today), he's hesitating. A little frustrating because I talked myself into being ok with selling it after installing the new stuff on it a couple weeks ago but I guess if he flakes out, i wont be too mad. I'll have to decide which route i wanna go and either post it up for sale with the new mods or just be back to looking for mufflers for it and possibly ordering the heads/cam i want. lol Ahh... decisions decisions...

May not be the thread i thought this was going to be afterall... Sorry fellas. Maybe i jinxed it? lol

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 09-16-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ekshail
DAMNIT! You didn't give me a chance to see this car in person. Oh well, hope all goes well in your future endeavors. Do you still have that Diablo tuner? If so, I may be able to take it off your hands...
Yeah bro, i still have it. I'm going to be selling it either way because i need a dynotune to get disable the rear o2's. I hear you can order a custom tune from diablo where you list all your mods and they send the tune to your via email. Then you use the USB cable i have for the tuner to load it to the handheld and then onto the car. Im sure it's at an additional cost but i really haven't looked into it but im told that with those custom tunes, they can turn the rear o2's off and everything else a dynotune can do. I was tempted to do that but my buddy at G-force offered me a good price to tune my car and considering they are right down the street and it will only be $100 to retune when i do my heads/cam, thats prob the better route to go for me.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Btw, I apologize for the shitty grammar guys. IPhone makes it hard to proof read and correct things because the mobile app doesn't allow edits. Lol
Old 09-16-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67882

A little far, but a very nice F-body.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Btw, I apologize for the shitty grammar guys. IPhone makes it hard to proof read and correct things because the mobile app doesn't allow edits. Lol
HOLY ****!! You are typing this long of threads on an iPhone?
Old 09-16-2011, 06:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Ha! Yeah... I'm a texting pro... Lol but posting on forums is a little more difficult lol
Old 09-16-2011, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Enter key still works on iPhone. You can break up them walls of text!
Old 09-16-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Veteran

True. But because the quick response only shows a potion of what's typed, I never realize how long it is until I hit submit... Lol

Quick Reply: Sold the V... :(