Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Pretty sure I have decided on my exhaust setup... Anyone done this on a V?

Old 09-21-2011, 04:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pretty sure I have decided on my exhaust setup... Anyone done this on a V?

Ok guys,
After kicking around about a million different options, I've decided to run Borla stingers on the V because they sound absolutely amazing and borla doesn't offer them as an option for the V in their cutback so it'll be different. Came across a buddy who had a complete stinger catback for his car but he cut it up to run dumps at the time. He's no longer using it due to swapping to a turbo setup and making some exhaust changes so he's selling em to me for $200. Seems fair considering they are $200 EACH for the similar S-type muffs on the Borla site and the stingers are a little more than that I'm sure. I'll just cut the dumps off and weld em into my current catback.

Setup will soon be Kooks w/ catless connectors, x-pipe and stingers welded into my magnaflow piping through my magnaflow tips.

Anyone else run stingers on a V? Only clips I could find of this setup on YouTube were on C5 Z06 vettes which we all know sounds the exact same.

Should have it done in a couple days!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OOh I wanna hear the new setup
Old 09-21-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Veteran

I know man. I'm pretty stoked to get it all welded up! I'll def take a vid and post a clip when it's done!

I was looking online to make sure all stingers have the same specs because I know they make catbacks for mustangs and for vettes. From what I can tell, the stinger comes in a standard size and it looks like the piping is just made to fit different applications.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

WTF...haha...

I guess the deal fell through...
Old 09-21-2011, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

It's going to be loud and raspy as hell. Not my style, but will probably be the sound you're looking for. I don't really like the popping sound that you will get with no cats and the x-pipe.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SoCA04V
It's going to be loud and raspy as hell. Not my style, but will probably be the sound you're looking for. I don't really like the popping sound that you will get with no cats and the x-pipe.
I get the popping sound with HF Cats, X-Pipe, and Magnaflow. I kinda like the popping, but I hate loud and raspy. I like deep rumble...and the Magnaflow gives me just that.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I thought you sold your car neversatisfied02
Old 09-21-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah... Deal fell through. Lol the guy is still texting me about it but I'm not really worried about selling it. Met Mark (1BADCTS) last night and swapped him my tan headliner and sunroof assembly for his grey stuff and put my car back together with all the grey upper panels which I wanted. And since I'm doing the exhaust now, I plan to just keep it most likely... Or at least for this week. Haha

I think the sound will be exactly what I want. I love loud and the stingers have a good deep tone... Just a little raspy up top. If it's too much, I can always swap the x for an h pipe or add high flow cats to tone it a little more if absolutely needed.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

You can always get this borla cat back lol
Old 09-22-2011, 11:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Lol! Well I'll text u in a sec and we can figure that out man...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pretty sure I have decided on my exhaust setup... Anyone done this on a V?