Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Rear wabble in my 2009 CTS V

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear wabble in my 2009 CTS V

My V has 60k miles on it. Over the past week, over speeds of 45mph the rear seems to "shimmy" almost a twisting feeling has if the wheel has been jerked. Its not consistent but common. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the rims and tires and the problem still persists. They checked allignment and all specs were within range. I'm looking for some suggestions of what the problem may be for when i bring the car back. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cenzo2011
My V has 60k miles on it. Over the past week, over speeds of 45mph the rear seems to "shimmy" almost a twisting feeling has if the wheel has been jerked. Its not consistent but common. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the rims and tires and the problem still persists. They checked allignment and all specs were within range. I'm looking for some suggestions of what the problem may be for when i bring the car back. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
This might help trouble shooting the problem.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...th-wobble.html
Old 09-27-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cenzo2011

What your describing, I don't know why anyone would replace wheels or tires,..if inspected properly and saw no obvious damage or reason to change them. This, requires a test drive, with a tech II in the car, recording live data, from the EBCM and possibly the suspension control module. Tell your technician to look at the screen for the brake soleniods, 1 inlet and 1 outlet for each wheel...see if those go ON-OFF...at all, while your doing the speed you mention to trigger the fault. Also look at wheel speed inputs,..they should all be NEAR identical at times, and identical when going straight(all speeds should match).

Have the DUPLICATED the problem on your first visit? Did they say they felt it? If they did not, they're never gonna fix it. If they felt it, and diag'd it as a wheel problem?....maaaaaaaaan,, I dunno about that crew.

EBCM- suspension failure. Be it wheel speed sensor failure, a HUB bearing failure(hit anything-they go bad either way)...

..my guess,..to your vehicle problem, if it is not a wheel speed sensor, I would say your EBCM electronic brake control module is the issue.

Lemme know who it works out for you.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
What your describing, I don't know why anyone would replace wheels or tires,..if inspected properly and saw no obvious damage or reason to change them. This, requires a test drive, with a tech II in the car, recording live data, from the EBCM and possibly the suspension control module. Tell your technician to look at the screen for the brake soleniods, 1 inlet and 1 outlet for each wheel...see if those go ON-OFF...at all, while your doing the speed you mention to trigger the fault. Also look at wheel speed inputs,..they should all be NEAR identical at times, and identical when going straight(all speeds should match).

Have the DUPLICATED the problem on your first visit? Did they say they felt it? If they did not, they're never gonna fix it. If they felt it, and diag'd it as a wheel problem?....maaaaaaaaan,, I dunno about that crew.

EBCM- suspension failure. Be it wheel speed sensor failure, a HUB bearing failure(hit anything-they go bad either way)...

..my guess,..to your vehicle problem, if it is not a wheel speed sensor, I would say your EBCM electronic brake control module is the issue.

Lemme know who it works out for you.
Great advice! The tech at the dealership just swapped a brand new cts-v wheels and tires with mine to see if that would make a difference. I'm taking it back on Monday and will make sure to reference your comments. Thanks again!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHt_-MX9wF0

Quick Reply: Rear wabble in my 2009 CTS V