Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

replaced abs, now no brake lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default replaced abs, now no brake lights

so I'm of course trying to do anything I can to avoid towing my car to the dealer to use a scan tool, so if that is the only solution than so be it, but I figured I'd pick your brain to see if their is another solution. I'm repairing an 04 V with a front hit. I swapped the abs module which I believe the ebcm is attached to? when I switched subframes/cradles. I was finally able to breed the brakes, took a long time with new brake lines, but my ABS and TCS lights are still on and my brake lights do not work. I didn't touch the pedal so I'm assuming there is nothing wrong with the brake pedal switch. I have parking lamps and turn signals just no brake lights. I hope I don't have too many variables, but I've been chasing this for a few days now and have yet to come up with a solution. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Launching!

in case anyone reads this, I found my original EBCM and swapped it. I got my brake lights back and ABS/TCS lights went out. So I would say if you swap your EBCM it's necessary to have it reprogrammed
Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the update
Old 11-14-2011, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

why did u replace the abs module in the first place? mine is throwing codes but no abs lights or anything...i was gonna swap it out but hate giving the dealer money for anything.. reprogramming a module,i can already see will be a bill and a half for 10 minutes work
Old 11-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Launching!

i swapped subframes from a parts car because mine was damaged in an accident. i was reading on another forum how hard it is to get a new EBCM, I will be listing all my leftover parts in the classifieds soon, since I just finished rebuilding my car. PM me if you end up needing the EBCM, it's fairly easy to change, but I am almost 100% you will need to find someone with a tech 2

Quick Reply: replaced abs, now no brake lights