Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Seat question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seat question?

Hey everyone, I have a question regarding relocating the driver's seat. I have had my '07 V for nearly 4 years now and love everything about the car except the driver's seat doesn't go back far enough for me. I am 6'8", 240 lb and I wonder if I could reposition the driver's seat to go back another 4-5 inches? Does anyone have a few pictures that show the seat out of the car, the bottom seat frame and the floor of the car with the seat removed? This is just a thought at the moment, but I've seen several cars where they relocate the seats for taller drivers.

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

How could anyone reach the steering wheel with the seat all the way back. Are you sitting more upright than 90*? I understand the leg issue as I am 6'3" but dang how are able to keep hands on the wheel. I wish these cars could move the steering wheel closer to the driver and leave the pedals where they are.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by garrettg
How could anyone reach the steering wheel with the seat all the way back. Are you sitting more upright than 90*? I understand the leg issue as I am 6'3" but dang how are able to keep hands on the wheel. I wish these cars could move the steering wheel closer to the driver and leave the pedals where they are.
Well, I'm proportional, so longer legs = longer arms. My seat is all the way back and have no problem reaching the wheel. My seat is reclined a great deal....for comfort as much as I can. I have to tilt the steering wheel all the way up every time to get out of the car. And I have to have the steering wheel at almost the highest level so that my knees don't hit it when shifting. What would solve the problem would be a telescoping steering wheel, however this was not offered on our V's. I have a C5 Corvette with the telescoping steering wheel and the added clearance is a must for us tall folks. In fact that is the main reason why I did not upgrade to a C5 Z06 because they do not offer a telescoping steering wheel.

Last edited by REDEVIL; 11-11-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the wheel at that high level as well(1 notch below bus style), so I can get my hands around without bumping my knees. There is a fellow forum member installing Sparco reclining seats this winter that might free up some head room in addition to adding much needed actual side bolsters for track days and free up some weight. Those seats with mounting brackets might offer the ability to get more leg room. Search for Sparco to find the thread can't remember if he posted here or on the other forum.

Quick Reply: Seat question?