Go Back   LS1TECH > VEHICLE SPECIFIC FORUMS > Cadillac CTS-V
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Cadillac CTS-V
The Caddy with an Attitude...

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
TECH Enthusiast
2007 Cadillac Escalade
My Garage

Trader Rating: 25
Default GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!

So I was trolling ebay and found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PONTIAC-GTO-...#ht_500wt_1180

and gave it a try. I contacted the seller and they did it with grey stitching at no extra charge. Leather quality is great and the stitching color matched pretty well. I dont think you can beat it for $24 shipped. Delivery to my door took 5 days.

Here are some pics:

Click the image to open in full size.

"You laugh because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." -Jonathan Davis
Mods: My short shifter, K&N FIPK, Fluidampr Balancer, Magnaflow catback, CS shifter bushings, BMR strut brace, MSD wires, UMI Performance MM's, CAGS delete, Forgestar F14, EPS Tune (Geoff), PS Headers, Brakemotive D/S rotors w/ Ceramic Pads, etc...
azn2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 4

Where'd you get the ****?

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"]
Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM
odthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
TECH Enthusiast
2007 Cadillac Escalade
My Garage

Its a GT500 ****. Great weight to them. I sell them with my shifters that I modify. PM me if you want to buy. They are not expensive. You would get the shift **** and thread stalk to weld on your shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
Where'd you get the ****?
"You laugh because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." -Jonathan Davis
Mods: My short shifter, K&N FIPK, Fluidampr Balancer, Magnaflow catback, CS shifter bushings, BMR strut brace, MSD wires, UMI Performance MM's, CAGS delete, Forgestar F14, EPS Tune (Geoff), PS Headers, Brakemotive D/S rotors w/ Ceramic Pads, etc...
Old 02-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
TECH Resident
2006 Cadillac CTS-V
My Garage

Trader Rating: 7

What is that frame the boot is attached to? I'm in desparate need of a new ring more than a boot. I wouldn't mind a snazzy new boot tho . . .
SW Hood/Spoiler - !Mufflers/XPipe - Brakemotive D/S - K&N CAI - Ebay clear fogs/HID - Bel STi-R+ Detector (BAD ASS) - Parrot Asteroid Smart - STS-V Wheels - Hurst shifter, Philstine's MC, Green Calipers w/SS Lines, GForce AWH Axles, D2 Coilovers + Z06 Endlinks, CS Motor/Trans/Diff Mount & Rear LCAs

1996 Impala SS - Stage 1 Phoenix 4L60E - Frankenstein Catback - Golf ball sized hail dents
LAYGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:09 AM   #5
TECH Enthusiast
2007 Cadillac Escalade
My Garage

LAYGO: I remember commenting on ur shifter about ur bezel, I guess u didnt see it. The bezel is just the factory one with the paint/rubber coating scrapped off of it. Real easy to remove. Use your fingernail or a plastic scrapper. Underneath is a shiny black plastic. If I remember yours is pretty scratched up. Let me know if u have any more questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAYGO View Post
What is that frame the boot is attached to? I'm in desparate need of a new ring more than a boot. I wouldn't mind a snazzy new boot tho . . .
Old 02-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
TECH Resident
2006 Cadillac CTS-V
My Garage

Trader Rating: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn2dmax View Post
LAYGO: I remember commenting on ur shifter about ur bezel, I guess u didnt see it. The bezel is just the factory one with the paint/rubber coating scrapped off of it. Real easy to remove. Use your fingernail or a plastic scrapper. Underneath is a shiny black plastic. If I remember yours is pretty scratched up. Let me know if u have any more questions.
Yea, I remember that comment, but I didn't realize that's what it looks like with it all removed. Wonder if PlastiDip would look ok on it after all that crap is removed?

That same rubberized crap is on the dash bezels too.

My boot bezels IS gnarly:

Still love my shifter with the white **** though:
SW Hood/Spoiler - !Mufflers/XPipe - Brakemotive D/S - K&N CAI - Ebay clear fogs/HID - Bel STi-R+ Detector (BAD ASS) - Parrot Asteroid Smart - STS-V Wheels - Hurst shifter, Philstine's MC, Green Calipers w/SS Lines, GForce AWH Axles, D2 Coilovers + Z06 Endlinks, CS Motor/Trans/Diff Mount & Rear LCAs

1996 Impala SS - Stage 1 Phoenix 4L60E - Frankenstein Catback - Golf ball sized hail dents
LAYGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
Staging Lane
2004 Cadillac CTS

Trader Rating: 2

Thanks for the tip, this might be the comprimise I was looking for, since I wanted a V2 ****, but Holden boot.

04 CTS-V, black on black, UUC Shifter, K&N CAI
"An old person's car, with a hammer under the bonnet. Quite a big hammer..." - Jeremy Clarkson
jwilson2598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

Yeaaa budddy looks good w/ the shelby ****.. i have the same one with the Gto **** thou. needs more weight.

I painted my trim bezel gloss black.. hated it b/c it stuck out to much haha then painted it flat black looked great before the install of the shiftboot.. haha should have used a clear coat..

i want a TWM shift ***** but 130+ for the one i want is alittle steep.. and that with no gear indicator
Iron 8.8-3.73 trac-loc|Built DSS Axles|Stainless Works full exhaust & off road mid pipes| Fasterproms Tune|8.5 MSD wires/coolsoxs|Katech STS|Ling CAI+Al intake tube|Specter Werkes Cradle Bushings|smoked sidemarkers & fogs with 55w-8k-HID's|PCV catch| Aeroforce-column pod|CS Grey MM|
shadyLS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
TECH Enthusiast
2007 Cadillac Escalade
My Garage

Thanks! Love your steering wheel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyLS6 View Post
Yeaaa budddy looks good w/ the shelby ****.. i have the same one with the Gto **** thou. needs more weight.

I painted my trim bezel gloss black.. hated it b/c it stuck out to much haha then painted it flat black looked great before the install of the shiftboot.. haha should have used a clear coat..

i want a TWM shift ***** but 130+ for the one i want is alittle steep.. and that with no gear indicator
Old 02-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #10
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

I just Dipped my shifter bezel, waiting on a Redline boot to show up. Wish I had seen that before I went with Redline.

I'll get pics up with the masked off bezel under 4 coats of plastidip. If the damn boot shows, I'll take pics of the final setup.

Figure if the Dip don't work, I can always paint it later.
VinATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
Staging Lane
2004 Cadillac CTS

Quote:

and gave it a try. I contacted the seller and they did it with grey stitching at no extra charge. Leather quality is great and the stitching color matched pretty well. I dont think you can beat it for $24 shipped. Delivery to my door took 5 days.
How long did it take them to get back to you? I sent them a question asking about how to get one with grey stitching instead of red and still no response...

04 CTS-V, black on black, UUC Shifter, K&N CAI
"An old person's car, with a hammer under the bonnet. Quite a big hammer..." - Jeremy Clarkson
jwilson2598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
TECH Enthusiast
2007 Cadillac Escalade
My Garage

They were pretty quick with their response. Same day actually. Maybe message them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson2598 View Post
How long did it take them to get back to you? I sent them a question asking about how to get one with grey stitching instead of red and still no response...
Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #13
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

i tired to plastidip the bezel as well but no matter how many coats i laid down it would never dry with a consistent finish.. a tiny pot mark here and there made me strip it and do the flat black.. poast pics when your done

Quote:
Thanks! Love your steering wheel!!
cant go wrong with swayyyydeeeeee
Iron 8.8-3.73 trac-loc|Built DSS Axles|Stainless Works full exhaust & off road mid pipes| Fasterproms Tune|8.5 MSD wires/coolsoxs|Katech STS|Ling CAI+Al intake tube|Specter Werkes Cradle Bushings|smoked sidemarkers & fogs with 55w-8k-HID's|PCV catch| Aeroforce-column pod|CS Grey MM|
shadyLS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #14
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Looks great, I may have to order that boot too, thanks for sharing!
jcollege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #15
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1

Quote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PONTIAC-GTO-...#ht_500wt_1180

Here are some pics:

Does this snap right in to the stock trim ring or is there a bit of work there to get it to fit?
Old 02-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Found some threads looks like a bit of work but not bad removing the old and fitting the new boot.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #17
LS1Tech Sponsor
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettg View Post
Found some threads looks like a bit of work but not bad removing the old and fitting the new boot.
If you don't mind post some links to the threads you found about this. I have a 2005 CTS-V and I am very interested.
www.bmrsuspension.com

BMR Sales2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales2 View Post
If you don't mind post some links to the threads you found about this. I have a 2005 CTS-V and I am very interested.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...boot-pics.html

Should be a step easier then this writeup since it doesn't come attached to any trim ring.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #19
TECH Enthusiast
2007 Cadillac Escalade
My Garage

Its a 15 min job. Real easy. The how to thread^^^^^ is really good. Sorry I didnt post a how to.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #20
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Since I promised pics when I was done... I'm done. I might change the way the boot sits just a hair, but here she is.

The boot is a Redline boot with tan stitching. The **** is a TWM Performance Piston **** with my 'holy crap that's cold' o-ring mod. Makes a world of difference. You can call that the VinATL mod.

The bezel is 4 coats of Plastidip. I scraped off the rubber coating of crap, and wet sanded it. Came out well. The little tiny spec is painters tape that didn't come off, which I just noticed.
Attached Thumbnails
GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1181.jpg   GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1182.jpg   GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1183.jpg   GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1184.jpg   GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1185.jpg  

VinATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:37 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, bezel, boot, ctsv, dip, grey, gto, leather, number, oem, part, plasti, pontiac, shift, shifter, stitching