Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What tune to go with

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What tune to go with

Hey guys,

Looking for some advise. Just picked up a 2004 cts v. This is my first real venture into the GM and ls motor world. I use to be all about the European cars and have no idea where to go for a good tune. I purchased a cai intake and want to throw a tune in there for now.

What of the shelf tune do you guys recommend?

Thanks for your help
Old 03-20-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

If you dont mind spending a few bucks, take it to get dyno tuned. You will get the most out of that. If you are looking to save some money then any of the major players in the mail order tune market will be fine although in reality mail order tunes can be a crapshoot at time because every car is different. I'm sure I contradicted myself a couple times in that last statement but thats how most feel about mail order tunes.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:27 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A tune right now will be a waste of money...get some headers and high flow CATS (minimum) and then get it tuned to see any worth while results.

MOST IMPORTANTLY...go to a ONLY A REPUTABLE TUNER. Don't know where you're located, but I would go over to the Tuning and Diagnostics section and request info from the vendors here. A LOT of bad tuners out there selling hack tunes. Do your homework, stay away from Chuck COW above all else.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

I wouldnt say its a waste of money at this point. A tune can really wake up even a bone stock car. It really depends on his budget.

Quick Reply: What tune to go with