Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New Cradle bushings available from CS

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Cradle bushings available from CS

Just saw these pop up available on the other forum, look nice!

https://creative-steel.com/store/ind...t_detail&p=151

Last edited by B_ROCKS_IT; 11-15-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Last edited by LS BRAVADA; 11-16-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious to see this tool they speak of, if max's genius has managed to create a tool that makes the cradle bushing removal easier that in itself is a win.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dmax/04V
I'm curious to see this tool they speak of, if max's genius has managed to create a tool that makes the cradle bushing removal easier that in itself is a win.
I agree with this.

But I wonder what the difference is going to be between the revshift bushings and these? Revshift's bushings have been out for awhile now and no one has really had any issues with them from what I've seen.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Banned

An air hammer works wonders during oem bushing removal. Our bushings are less money and made from higher quality polyurethane. We were the first and we will always be the best.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I vote for price war
Old 11-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by isis
I vote for price war
...... We win.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Sawzal and punch 4 min per bushing
Old 11-16-2013, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

RevShift, you might want to assign forum patrolling to someone else in the office who has less passion and personal stake in the company. I'm happy with your products, and would buy more in the future, but some recent posts of yours on both forums are painting you as a bit of a jerk. I am new to this forum and car, but have been around forums for years and the culture is very similar from platform to platform. I see it all the time, two vendors getting into a public pissing match, for various reasons. What I've learned is that some handle it with class, and some don't. I typically prefer to align myself with those who take the high road and let their products speak for themselves.

Just saying.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like revshift and their products do speak for themselves. A little personality is fine considering the niche communities they participate in.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fweasel
RevShift, you might want to assign forum patrolling to someone else in the office who has less passion and personal stake in the company. I'm happy with your products, and would buy more in the future, but some recent posts of yours on both forums are painting you as a bit of a jerk. I am new to this forum and car, but have been around forums for years and the culture is very similar from platform to platform. I see it all the time, two vendors getting into a public pissing match, for various reasons. What I've learned is that some handle it with class, and some don't. I typically prefer to align myself with those who take the high road and let their products speak for themselves.

Just saying.
Please understand that I am a human being and I have a personality. Posts such as the one above with the little gun guy are just for fun. Companies don't always have to be uptight, suit and tie operations. We are allowed to have some fun.

Also understand that we have been dealing with CS for 7 years now. He bought some of my products 7 years ago, copied them, and started selling them. He has done this a few times over the years and the cradle bushings are just the latest. I have a bunch of proof to back that up too. I don't really want to get into it and put it all out there because I don't want to make myself look bad. But I still think I'm allowed to have a bit of fun.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Revshift
An air hammer works wonders during oem bushing removal. Our bushings are less money and made from higher quality polyurethane. We were the first and we will always be the best.
Agreed!

Originally Posted by Revshift
Please understand that I am a human being and I have a personality. Posts such as the one above with the little gun guy are just for fun. Companies don't always have to be uptight, suit and tie operations. We are allowed to have some fun.

Also understand that we have been dealing with CS for 7 years now. He bought some of my products 7 years ago, copied them, and started selling them. He has done this a few times over the years and the cradle bushings are just the latest. I have a bunch of proof to back that up too. I don't really want to get into it and put it all out there because I don't want to make myself look bad. But I still think I'm allowed to have a bit of fun.
You will ALWAYS get my business!!!!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Launching!

My experience with the two companies in question:

Purchased flexdisc from RevShift, installed correctly (beyond any and all doubt) had violent vibration above 20MPH. Provided all the literature about warranties being voided on this, I've been down that road before and I didn't even bother trying to get refund or replacement. I have also found many different threads stating the same problem with this product.

Creative Steel: The first time I contacted CS to talk about their 8.8 kits capabilities, I was put on the phone with Max directly, after detailing my plans with the car, I was quite surprised and impressed to have him tell me that not only was he confident his products would take the abuse I could give it, but that he wanted me to prove his products capabilities with the power my car would make, he actually asked me to try and break them so that he could identify and solve any weak links. This is quite the opposite of what the impression I got on RevShift's products with their disclaimers.

From that point our relationship has grown and we are currently discussing future products for the V1, that will further benefit the community even more that his current products already have.

My personal opinion is this; CS not only makes all the bushings but also fabricates more sophisticated products, this tells me that the engineering capabilities are a few steps further.

As far as claims that CS has copied products I doubt that is the case from my dealing with Max, he has proven to be an honest person. Is it possible that they have obtained competitors products in order to review them and create a superior product, sure this is not uncommon practice, either way, I dont know and dont care, when companies compete to create superior products, we the consumer always win.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Last edited by LS BRAVADA; 11-16-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS BRAVADA
I personally got these because they were black. The blue ones would look gay and stick out like a sore thumb. Also CS called me personally to thank me for my order.
So goofy color prejudice and customer service unrelated to product quality. Got it.

Originally Posted by B_ROCKS_IT
My experience with the two companies in question:

Purchased flexdisc from RevShift, installed correctly (beyond any and all doubt) had violent vibration above 20MPH. Provided all the literature about warranties being voided on this, I've been down that road before and I didn't even bother trying to get refund or replacement. I have also found many different threads stating the same problem with this product.

Creative Steel: The first time I contacted CS to talk about their 8.8 kits capabilities, I was put on the phone with Max directly, after detailing my plans with the car, I was quite surprised and impressed to have him tell me that not only was he confident his products would take the abuse I could give it, but that he wanted me to prove his products capabilities with the power my car would make, he actually asked me to try and break them so that he could identify and solve any weak links. This is quite the opposite of what the impression I got on RevShift's products with their disclaimers.

From that point our relationship has grown and we are currently discussing future products for the V1, that will further benefit the community even more that his current products already have.

My personal opinion is this; CS not only makes all the bushings but also fabricates more sophisticated products, this tells me that the engineering capabilities are a few steps further.

As far as claims that CS has copied products I doubt that is the case from my dealing with Max, he has proven to be an honest person. Is it possible that they have obtained competitors products in order to review them and create a superior product, sure this is not uncommon practice, either way, I dont know and dont care, when companies compete to create superior products, we the consumer always win.

Just my 2 cents.
So you had a problem with one revshift product, never told them, and read some stuff on the Internet. Bad company.

Other company kisses your butt, and sells you a copy of the same product and spends hours on the phone regarding an unrelated and non-competing product that costs thousands more so now you are confident in their superior engineering because they told you they are good. Internet logic at its best.

Personal opinions are fine. But when it comes to engineering, do you want a bushing from the guy who knows bushings regardless of the car or the guy who makes a bunch of stuff for one car with no expertise at all? Look at the rear diff bushing. CS re-did the stock one in urethane.. Good effort. Only a few revs and got one that could be consistently installed with their ow tool for a fee. Revshift looked at it and said wtf? Why not use a normal bushing and drop the sleeve. K.I.S.S. That's engineering. I have the diff block in above the revshift diff bushing. Looked ok to me. Doubt it's necessary with the design of the revshift diff bushing with the shoulders and all, but already ordered it. The CS shifter bushings are nice and in my car. No complaints there. The motor mounts though.. How many revs are there on those? I know CS will replace their faulty ones but I don't think having several revs in public that require such warranties is a positive reflection of their engineering. Good customer service? Sure. That quiets down the whiny Internet riffraff but for engineering and product quality, I think revshift has it locked up in the bushing world.

Last edited by isis; 11-16-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Launching!

I've bought products from both companies, and will buy from both again. Both make good products...both have my respect for making quality upgrades for our aging platform. I really could care less who pisses first or farthest. Competition lowers prices and promotes innovation and we benefit as consumers...so pick your poison and shut up already.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Launching!

So goofy color prejudice and customer service unrelated to product quality. Got it.

So you had a problem with one revshift product, never told them, and read some stuff on the Internet. Bad company.

Other company kisses your butt, and sells you a copy of the same product and spends hours on the phone regarding an unrelated and non-competing product that costs thousands more so now you are confident in their superior engineering because they told you they are good. Internet logic at its best.
Please direct me to where I stated the words "bad company" or anything similar about Revshift, cant, because I didnt, I simply stated my exact experience and left it to readers to decide the rest.

perhaps you should work on your language comprehension skills prior to expressing your opinion in the future, in other words;
Old 11-16-2013, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by B_ROCKS_IT
Please direct me to where I stated the words "bad company" or anything similar about Revshift, cant, because I didnt, I simply stated my exact experience and left it to readers to decide the rest.

perhaps you should work on your language comprehension skills prior to expressing your opinion in the future, in other words;
It's all just opinions friend. Welcome to the Internet.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ravenls6v
I've bought products from both companies, and will buy from both again. Both make good products...both have my respect for making quality upgrades for our aging platform. I really could care less who pisses first or farthest. Competition lowers prices and promotes innovation and we benefit as consumers...so pick your poison and shut up already.
I also have both on my car. And don't hate either. I just feel that revshift has better expertise on driveline bushings in general and has demonstrated that. Their price isn't the only advantage. Again, count the recalls and/or public revisions. CS has some good stuff, no doubt, and fills a demand. Revshift sticks to a product and not just a platform. Glad they're both around.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Launching!

It's all just opinions friend. Welcome to the Internet.
Agreed

Quick Reply: New Cradle bushings available from CS