Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Anybody use parts chain store brake rotors??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 03:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody use parts chain store brake rotors??

So I screwed up & let my front brake pads run too long & the last few days they are constantly squealing from the warning tab riding on the rotor surface. I ordered OEM replacement pads a few weeks ago, & I was gonna install them tomorrow & have my rotors turned, but now I think my rotors are done because there is a decent sized lip on the edge leading me to believe I can't turn them anymore.

There aren't many places in town that carry V rotors, but I did find some at O'riely (Kragen) auto parts for a decent price that I may pick up tomorrow morning. Has anyone used these, or similar parts chain store rotors & had decent success? My car is my DD, so as long as they work close to a stock performance level, I'm fine with that. If I could wait & had another car to drive, I would order some from Lindsay or Rock Auto, but this is my only car that is currently mobile, so I am sort of pressed for time.

Thanks in advance...
Old 05-01-2012, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Brakemotive slotted brakes (I've realized you don't need cross drilled anymore). They're really fast shipping too. Check out the thread. $250 shipped for all 4 rotors/pads. They look great too.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LAYGO
Brakemotive slotted brakes (I've realized you don't need cross drilled anymore). They're really fast shipping too. Check out the thread. $250 shipped for all 4 rotors/pads. They look great too.
Thanks. I saw that thread, I wouldn't mind slotted, but I don't want drilled & that is all I see in the ad? I already have new front pads though too? I need to do my brakes like TODAY LOL.. They are at the end of their life & constantly squealing.

I see in your sig you are running Brakemotive rotors? How are they holding up & does the center hat rust out after a while? Nothing worse than a rusty hat on an extremely visible rotor LOL
Old 05-01-2012, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EPIK
Thanks. I saw that thread, I wouldn't mind slotted, but I don't want drilled & that is all I see in the ad? I already have new front pads though too? I need to do my brakes like TODAY LOL.. They are at the end of their life & constantly squealing.

I see in your sig you are running Brakemotive rotors? How are they holding up & does the center hat rust out after a while? Nothing worse than a rusty hat on an extremely visible rotor LOL
Mine are still clean. I should clear them or black it out to preserve it.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have had them on my car since September '11, with no rust or visible (or audible) signs of wear. Still looking good and holding strong, although I have only driven 4,500 miles since then. Brakes feel identical to the stock breaks.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Another option -

http://rotorpros.net/

I've run their rotors on all my vehicles.

Great service and customer support.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys... I was in a pinch though because my rotors were DONE FOR, so I went with some stock replacements from Orieley's & I must say I am impressed with the quality. They have a nice black coating on the rotor hat, & I only paid $160 for the front pair... I paired these with a set of stock front pads from Lindsay Cadi & couldn't be more pleased...

This is why I was in such a hurry... This is the inside of my passenger side stock rotor...Ummm Yeah, I don't think these can be resurfaced sir LOL...

This is what the Kragen rotor looked like...

Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Brakemotive comes with low-dust pads and rotors, all for $250 shipped, which is hard to beat. Your brakes squealing from the wear indicator doesn't mean they are unsafe, the pad still have some meat when the indicator starts to drag. But you already pulled the trigger, so it's info too late. But next time maybe.

They do sell slotted-only, that's what I got. They have been fine, and have not rusted since I got them back in July. I DD my car with snow tires through the winter. A shot of the slotted rotor when I first got them:

Old 05-02-2012, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by aurora40
The Brakemotive comes with low-dust pads and rotors, all for $250 shipped, which is hard to beat. Your brakes squealing from the wear indicator doesn't mean they are unsafe, the pad still have some meat when the indicator starts to drag. But you already pulled the trigger, so it's info too late. But next time maybe.

They do sell slotted-only, that's what I got. They have been fine, and have not rusted since I got them back in July. I DD my car with snow tires through the winter. A shot of the slotted rotor when I first got them:

Thanks... I actually called Brakemotive yesterday after I saw the post about them. I was ready to order a set of slotted only but they informed me that they only make drilled & slotted for CTS-V's now... I'm sure many have had great results with these, but I stay away from cheaper drilled rotors on a DD personally.

Yours look REALLY nice though!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Those Orielly rotors don't look too shabby....what'd they run ya?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SeeTSvee
Those Orielly rotors don't look too shabby....what'd they run ya?
These are basically the same exact Rotors as the upper level Raybestos, & Napa premiums, just in a different box. I think Rock Auto has them for cheaper then what I payed, but I got mine for $80 each on my buddies discount. Wanna say they are $92 each if you go in the store...

Quick Reply: Anybody use parts chain store brake rotors??