Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Getting jacked by the Dealer? Vibration issue - Clutch Flywheel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heavymetals
I vote the other motor mount is bad.

You don't do one at a time.
I vote this too. Our motormounts are filled with fluid. They can be bad without showing leaked fluid. Maybe one showed it being screwed and leaking fluid everywhere, while the other one was still bad, but wasnt leaking the orangish yellowish fluid.

I bet you if the other mount got replaced, your problems will go away. Those dual mass turds are there to take away vibrations. Not add to them. (yes, ague if you want; but that's what they were thought to do; all virbration problems are different)
Old 06-28-2012, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

So they spent their time on the car today trying to determine where the vibration is happening - they have ruled out:

Harmonic Balancer: it's fine. As you all have stated it's not actually a balancer - its more of a dampner anyway. That makes me "wonder" what could have happened to make it go wonky like it has?

Clutch, and driveline: it's fine. They found that when the car is in neutral and clutch in or out - the wobbly is still happening. They rev to 3k rpms and it displays the balance vibration issue. SO...

Possible culprits:
Flex Plate/Flywheel/Motor - they believe this is where the issue must be happening.

Called the warranty company and they said they would cover all those items, and only thing not going to be covered is the clutch - which has been ruled out as not an issue. I've agreed to 1/2 of their diagnostic charges ($800 split between us) to take down the tranny and identify the problem. If it's covered under warranty - I owe nothing. If the take down reveals something not covered under warranty. I have the choice to fix it on my dime, or have them put the tranny back and pay the $400 diag fee.

Take down is tomorrow - I'll update after I get the news...
Old 06-28-2012, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

now here is the real question will it be easier to sell the car with a new clutch if they have to in there anyway. they should only charge you parts if they have to replace the flywheel.... bet you cant wait to get rid of the car (or have it all freshened and want to keep it)
Old 06-29-2012, 09:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My bet is on the flywheel. It's the most prone piece to fail and would absolutely have an affect on balance.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Any News?
Old 11-16-2012, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Seriously, any news?
Old 11-17-2012, 05:39 AM
Launching!

I really hate reading 2 pages of a story and then not being updated at the end... Esp when someone brings up an old thread hahah

Any news? =0)

Quick Reply: Getting jacked by the Dealer? Vibration issue - Clutch Flywheel?