Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Mirror to curb in reverse, odd behavior

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 02:15 PM
sod
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mirror to curb in reverse, odd behavior

Does anyone else's act like mine?

Mine works like a charm, except when I have a passenger. Then, frequently when I check my mirror, it's pointed up way too high.

Seems to fix itself once I'm solo again, or even if I move it back down, it seems to stay correct.

Just kinda annoying to look over & see it pointing to the sky. I can only assume it has something to do with the passenger door opening?

Anyone else seeing the same behavior?

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Funny you posted this. I was just about to make a thread myself about the same problem but mine does it on the drivers side mirror only. Always points at the ground or at the sky when i get in like u said yours does on the passenger side. I can adjust it back to normal but im tired of having to do that. Very rare that it stays where it should. I'd say 80% of the time, it gets all wacky and ends up all the way up or down and i need to bring it back to normal.

Curious as to what would cause this as well??
Old 07-13-2012, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

I have a few electrical gremlins as well. My ds mirror will move when i unlock the door sometimes.
My air cond. display brightens and then dims on its own. Both of these since I've owned the car.
Yesterday and today the windshield washers spray when i turn the wipers on. (and no Im not pulling the lever slightly by accident. Just straight up. Lol)
Old 07-13-2012, 02:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Lol! "Electrical gremlins" doesn't make me feel much better. I'm hoping for a simple fix to this. Luckily everything else on mine works as it should with no problems. I have noticed though that the little screen that displays all the systems readings such as tire pressures, oil temp, water temp, etc is slightly more dim than usual in comparison to the little digital speedo/mileage screen.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:13 PM
sod
Staging Lane

Thanks guys, that's about what I figured.

The driver's mirror moving would be related to the seat & mirror presets for drivers 1 & 2, I would imagine. You can set them to move with the FOB, or with the key, so if you have more than 1 key or FOB, that could explain why it's inconsistant. I would think the seats would be moving as well though.

You might try holding down the "1" (or 2) on the driver's door once you've got your seat & mirrors set & see if that helps. I think you have to hold it down til it chimes 3 times. & I don't think the car can be moving.

Of course electrical gremlins sounds just as likely.

Thanks again & have a good weekend everyone!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

Haha i reset my driver1 setting everytime i move my mirror back to the position i need it.... Still moves. The seat stays in its correct position.

My gf has the key fob2. When she uses her key, everything changes to her settings as it should. Then back to my settings when i use my key again..

Maybe its just the cars way of getting back at me for beating on her all the time!! Lol
Old 07-13-2012, 04:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Same here D block. I reprogram it holding position one everytime too and it still never stays lol
Old 07-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by D Block
My gf has the key fob2. When she uses her key, everything changes to her settings as it should. Then back to my settings when i use my key again..

Maybe its just the cars way of getting back at me for beating on her all the time!! Lol
Whoa, you shouldn't beat your GF it's not nice LOL jk

i did find an interesting tsb on your vehicles referring to this same issue
INFORMATION

Bulletin No.: 07-08-64-022B

Date: January 06, 2009

Subject:
Information On Curb Park Assist And Memory Related Issues On Outside Rearview Mirrors

Models:
2008 and Prior GM Passenger Cars and Trucks (Including Saturn) (Excludes Cadillac SRX)
2008 and Prior HUMMER H2, H3
2007 and Prior Saab 9-7X
with Memory Mirrors

Supercede:

This bulletin is being revised to indicate that technicians should reprogram the driver's side door module for a memory or curb park assist issue. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 07-08-64-022A (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

A large number of mirrors are being returned through the Warranty Parts Center (WPC) with customer comments of curb park assist and memory setting issues. Returned part analysis indicates that the mirrors are found to be fully functional. If you have a memory or curb park assist issue, check the wiring, the respective door module and reprogram the driver's door module with the latest software in TIS.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

^^^^ thanks! Maybe ill talk to my local dealership about this...

Oh and btw... Ain't nothin wrong with keeping ur pimp hand strong!! Lol
Old 07-13-2012, 05:06 PM
TECH Veteran

I had some chipped buttons on my driver door switch panel so I just ordered a new one all together from Luke at Lindsay Cadillac for $75. I'll let y'all know if that fixes it

Quick Reply: Mirror to curb in reverse, odd behavior