Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

422 RWHP / 383 RWTQ - Dyno Tune @ Slowhawk - Results!

Old 05-01-2013, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see. I was also victim to a near invisible vacuum leak on a CAI I put on a car that caused me issue for a bit so that was always my assumption.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MN_V
I see. I was also victim to a near invisible vacuum leak on a CAI I put on a car that caused me issue for a bit so that was always my assumption.
It's probably one of the most common mistakes for a novice to make. My original nipple on that tube used RTV as a sealant. Janetty's guy used a much stronger epoxy--the only problem was that it was brittle and ultimately cracked after a couple of months. Eventually, I just up and replaced the whole deal with a different tube and -AN pipe fittings that link up to my Mike Norris Catch can.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
I didn't have a vacuum leak. One of his shop guys didn't like my PCV nipple and replaced it with something he had on hand (without asking, by the way). Janetty is in no position to speak authoritatively on this subject because he didn't see the before/after on the impromptu mod. He busy inside making me and another couple stand around and wait while he posted on forums online and ordered out food for a couple of hours.

That 10 AM tune appointment turned into a fiasco as he botched the couple's Corvette tune, blamed it on their NGK TR-6 plugs, charged them several hundred dollars to acquire stock plugs from a local dealership, and ultimately still couldn't diagnose/fix the problem. The shop contained 100% irritated/unhappy customers by the end of that evening. Ted made a great big scene, screaming outside of his shop when I brought the car back while his wrench monkeys sneakily tried to send me on my way by greasing my shifter linkage. Professional, my ***.

If anyone thinks that reading me pick apart Janetty's recollection of the facts would be educational, let me know. Otherwise, I think the facts are pretty well-known, and I don't particularly feel the need to argue this out with him for the third or fourth time.

By the way, I don't have HP Tuners, so I can't read that file, but I believe that my rev limiter was set to 7,000 because a) Janetty told me he set it there and b) I hit it a half-dozen times. Everything else regarding the tune (like the knock sensors that were disabled) is based on Slowhawk's diagnosis. It's not worth starting a war between two shops, but it would be interesting to get the backup from Slowhawk and compare it against that file for authenticity.
You live in a Delusional World, More Lies, as that couple Loves what we do for them and are here in a regular basis.

In Fact he just stopped by and ordered a Supercharger for his Vette, and Asked if we ever heard from that Crazy guy who blamed us for the clutch he installed himself. LOL.

They're exact quote to me
What the hell is Wrong with that Kid, He is Out of His Mind!!!!!!
You See, Once your Caught in a Lie, Your no longer a reliable source for information about anyone or anything so your Credibility is in the Trash.

The file is there for all to see so help your self, Little boy.

Remember, Your 1 of only 4 We refused to work for so your Famous. Your Mad and this is your Little way of getting back at me Telling Lies!!!! Childish at best.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 05-17-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 05-01-2013, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DACTARI
LMAO, I wasn't going to post this image, but I had the same idea! That image is hilarious . . .
Old 05-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING
You live in a Delusional World, More Lies, as that couple Loves what we do for them and are here in a regular basis.

They're exact quote to me

You See, Once your Caught in a Lie, Your no longer a reliable source for information about anyone or anything so your Credibility is in the Trash.

The file is there for all to see so help your self, Little boy.

Remember, Your 1 of only 4 We refused to work for so your Famous. Your Mad and this is your Little way of getting back at me Telling Lies!!!! Childish at best.
I have nothing to add other than the fact that your typing/grammar alone throws your credibility in the trash. Once you're able to correct that, more people would take you seriously.

And your tactics of attacking a paying customer are extremely unprofessional regardless of the circumstances.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Forcfed93
I have nothing to add other than the fact that your typing/grammar alone throws your credibility in the trash. Once you're able to correct that, more people would take you seriously.

And your tactics of attacking a paying customer are extremely unprofessional regardless of the circumstances.
Not attacking, I and defending against Lies, told about My Livelihood that feeds my family and supports 9 employees to support they're families.

Ted.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like Fuzzy, but by the same token, if he calls out a vendor, he should expect to be challenged. Like Jannetty said, his reputation was attacked on the internet, and it will sit here until the internet dies. Also, it's a total red herring to go after someone's spelling. I don't expect car guys to have impeccable grammar or spelling.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Launching!

I like Fuzzy, but by the same token, if he calls out a vendor, he should expect to be challenged. Like Jannetty said, his reputation was attacked on the internet, and it will sit here until the internet dies. Also, it's a total red herring to go after someone's spelling. I don't expect car guys to have impeccable grammar or spelling.
Have you ever opened up HP Tuners? I have and let me tell you something, if you can't get the hang of basic spelling and grammar, I wouldn't trust you to mess with the tons of data and tables when dealing with the cars tune.

It's not the same as changing jets and turning a few screws on a carburetor. To each their own, but that's my opinion. Everyone reputable I've talked to about tuning (locally at least) has always seemed to be very well educated, not an old school racer that can read a plug easier than a book.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have HP tuners. I have messed with my cars using it. You don't need outstanding grammar to use it. The numbers/tables don't care what your grammar is like, as long as you put the right numbers in. I think it is easier than tuning carbs. I have done a 55 Chevy pick up with a SBC and a 500cfm holley and that was a huge pain when adjusting for altitudes after movingfrom a few thousand feet to sea level.

I'm not taking any side here, I'm just offering my 2 cents. Having done both I prefer using HP over the 'simplicity' of a carb, which can be anything but simple.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Where do people get the idea that if someone does not have "proper grammer" they are not smart? I'll take someone with real world experience over your pansy azz anydays ya puke cause I gives no **** azztard
Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like Fuzzy, but by the same token, if he calls out a vendor, he should expect to be challenged.
I agree, there are 3 sides to every story.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wonder what Fuzzy is searching Google for now to prove his point. Internet Warrior AWAY!

Old 05-02-2013, 06:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 422 RWHP / 383 RWTQ - Dyno Tune @ Slowhawk - Results!