Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Head Cam Intake THrottle Body Install Writeup

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bmylez
Small nit-picky note. You list removing the chain damper before removing the oil pump. This is not possible because the oil pump is in the way of the right side damper bolt. I'm trying to change the damper right now (I have the super stupid orange tensioner) and there's no way of getting that bolt out. I completely unbolted the oil pump, but with the pickup attached, there's only a tiny bit of flexibility.
Sorry about that. I like to drink while working on cars (liquid confidence?) and then try to remember every little detail later on while doing a writeup.

I think working on it a couple hours a night for a week would give you plenty of time to knock this project out of the park. As long as you have all the parts you need beforehand. (always bound to forget something dumb like antifreeze, or not have the right balancer bolt on hand)
Old 12-21-2015, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

What kind of power did this combo put down? Who did the dyno/tune?

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2016, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I replaced the cam in my 04 and to make getting the oil pump pickup bolt out as easy as I could make it, I hooked a hoist to the engine and lifted it as high as I could so I could drop the oil pan as far as I could. Because I'm so smart, I didn't think about the transmission mount or flex disc. I ripped the trans mount and bent the flex disc so lesson learned...

If you're lifting the motor for any reason, it might make sense to loosen the transmission mount bolts and unbolt the driveshaft up front so you don't put them in a bind..wish I had.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ls1247
I replaced the cam in my 04 and to make getting the oil pump pickup bolt out as easy as I could make it, I hooked a hoist to the engine and lifted it as high as I could so I could drop the oil pan as far as I could. Because I'm so smart, I didn't think about the transmission mount or flex disc. I ripped the trans mount and bent the flex disc so lesson learned...

If you're lifting the motor for any reason, it might make sense to loosen the transmission mount bolts and unbolt the driveshaft up front so you don't put them in a bind..wish I had.
Before I got to the end of this post, I already had a feeling of how it would end, haha.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmilz28
What kind of power did this combo put down? Who did the dyno/tune?

Thanks!
442 at the wheels. Tuned By Frost did the initial tuning, but Brent @ Lingenfelter has tweaked it since then.
The following users liked this post:
jmilz28 (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2023, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Necro alert for the sensitive!

great right up!!!!!

lollygagger, Are you saying that there is room to install Heads onto head studs with the short-block in the car?

Quick Reply: Head Cam Intake THrottle Body Install Writeup