Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V carbon fiber

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8URSVT
?? Im confused. You are asking for parts to make, we gave you a list, and you say you have too many OTHER projects going on to do what we are wanting, but you'll take oders for other parts.

Sounds like you are not ready to handle parts for the v1. That will make everyone very skeptical about sending money for things when we have not seen the final product of the parts we are "purchasing".

If you need body parts to make molds or whatever...ask for them. There is obviously interest, we just want to see finished products before we buy. If you dont take the risk of making the parts first (at least a prototype for a v1) then you wont get the rewards of our money

I would definitely be interested in a hood if you made one..
We just don't have the resources to do something like the new hood or trunk lid mold in a timely manner at this time. I never said we're not doing anything else. Yes, we'd need a hood or trunk lid to make the actual mold. That is not why we're not doing it today, though.

If you're looking for example of our work, please see the link I already provided. We've done work on Lamborghini, R8, TT-RS, V2, GT-R, Viper, Corvette & much more. You can see our quality there. Same quality you'd get on any V1 parts we may do.

If you want another part, let's talk about it. If not, I hope we can do business in the future.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by FoD
Pricing on a CF hood for the V1, with either a cowl, or a 09+ supercharger bump, and pricing for a CF trunk lid for the V1. Both have been asked for multiple times, and never posted.
Please see my posts above regarding the hood.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:16 PM
FoD
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSPowered
Please see my posts above regarding the hood.
Same run-around BS. I've looked at all of your posts "above", and you NEVER list the pricing. If you do somewhere, and I somehow overlooked it, please quote it in your response to this.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by FoD
Same run-around BS. I've looked at all of your posts "above", and you NEVER list the pricing. If you do somewhere, and I somehow overlooked it, please quote it in your response to this.
We just don't have the resources to do something like the new hood or trunk lid mold in a timely manner at this time.

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Check my original post as well as a few posts up for the photos. You must've have missed them.

Like I stated, we've only done V2 so far. We'd love to do some V1 stuff too.

If you're looking to get some parts done let me know what you need. If you're looking for free parts, we must respectfully decline.
Um, i didn't miss anything. You missed my point and so far, everyone elses. You state yourself, "we've only done V2 so far." This is mostly a V1 crowd, we need EXAMPLES of your work on the V1 and the V1 only. Plenty of people have given you options of what we are looking for whether it be a hood or splitter, trunk lids, etc.

If you can show us V1 parts that you have produced, im sure plenty of people with jump on board and purchase your products. But like i stated, we arent gonna blindly throw money at ya.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by etcts-v
I'm with you.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:22 PM
FoD
On The Tree

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks.
What kind of part Do you have the resources to make ?
Old 02-11-2013, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

I'm voting for a mod lockdown on this thread. Become a vendor, find a guinnea pig, build some stuff, come back and show us with pricing. This is ridiculous.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmax/04V
I'm voting for a mod lockdown on this thread. Become a vendor, find a guinnea pig, build some stuff, come back and show us with pricing. This is ridiculous.
IBTL
Old 02-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by tmac2419
Um, i didn't miss anything. You missed my point and so far, everyone elses. You state yourself, "we've only done V2 so far." This is mostly a V1 crowd, we need EXAMPLES of your work on the V1 and the V1 only. Plenty of people have given you options of what we are looking for whether it be a hood or splitter, trunk lids, etc.

If you can show us V1 parts that you have produced, im sure plenty of people with jump on board and purchase your products. But like i stated, we arent gonna blindly throw money at ya.
We talked the V1 hood thing over & should be able to move some things around to accommodate you folks. We will need a minimum of 10 buyers. Cost would be $1,000 each + shipping for a stock V1 hood in carbon. We will need one person to send us a hood to make the mold from.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Restricted User

Where did everyone go?
Old 02-24-2013, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Where did everyone go?
I think that everyone left this thread as you don't really seem to know much about how to promote your product. I would suggest retrieving a few V1 parts (hood, trunk, interior pieces, etc) from salvage yards; and then designing those out of CF to show this crowd your talent.

The V1 is a pretty niche car, and because of that, us owners are extremely particular about what they use to replace/upgrade their parts with. No one is looking for any "universal" stuff that "should" fit, without your guarantee that the CF pieces are designed specifically for the V1.

I would be interested in buying CF parts for weight savings. However, without you putting up the effort up front to show everyone what they will be purchasing, I think that you will have a very, very small audience going forward.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd be interested in a shifter bezel in CF!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A carbon fiber hood would be negligible weight savings as the hood is already aluminum and not terribly heavy. If you are going to make a CF hood it would need either a power dome for more under hood clearance and/or venting. I would say the trunk would have a much more significant weight impact.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How is this thread still alive?
Old 02-26-2013, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Where did everyone go?
I bailed after this:

We just don't have the resources to do something like the new hood or trunk lid mold in a timely manner at this time. I never said we're not doing anything else. Yes, we'd need a hood or trunk lid to make the actual mold. That is not why we're not doing it today, though.

If you're looking for example of our work, please see the link I already provided. We've done work on Lamborghini, R8, TT-RS, V2, GT-R, Viper, Corvette & much more. You can see our quality there. Same quality you'd get on any V1 parts we may do.

If you want another part, let's talk about it. If not, I hope we can do business in the future.
I couldn't tell what you did make, just that you weren't making hoods or trunks, and that you did make V2 foglight bezels, which I'm not interested in.

Originally Posted by sgtdestruction
I think that everyone left this thread as you don't really seem to know much about how to promote your product. I would suggest retrieving a few V1 parts (hood, trunk, interior pieces, etc) from salvage yards; and then designing those out of CF to show this crowd your talent.

The V1 is a pretty niche car, and because of that, us owners are extremely particular about what they use to replace/upgrade their parts with. No one is looking for any "universal" stuff that "should" fit, without your guarantee that the CF pieces are designed specifically for the V1.

I would be interested in buying CF parts for weight savings. However, without you putting up the effort up front to show everyone what they will be purchasing, I think that you will have a very, very small audience going forward.
This. If you're going to sell this stuff, you need to have something to sell. And since you don't sell anything else for us to compare, you'll need to make some of them so we can see them. I'd hit up eBay for mold stock.

I'd also add that if you were really on top of things, you'd sell a few very cheap, or give them away. Yes, that's crazy talk, but these forums have one or two crazies that are willing to be the early adopter, then a few dozen that jump after seeing that first poor sap work it out. You can either wait for those few guys to decide to pay full freight for your stuff (which might not happen), or you can stimulate that process.

I know I'm interested in just about as many CF body panels as you can make for the V1. But there's zero chance I go first, at least on my dime. I've spent too many hours and too much money 're-working' panels to make them look right. And most of those were fiberglass. CF would be worse.

But once I see four or five guys say, "they popped right on, no sweat!", my wallet opens. Or else give them to me cheaply enough to make me willing to go first and deal with the hassle.

Originally Posted by LAYGO
Okay, my bezel is getting a little rough. I'd buy a bezel on spec. But not a large body panel. Did I mention my experience with aftermarket body panels has been not been great?

Originally Posted by Onefast V
A carbon fiber hood would be negligible weight savings as the hood is already aluminum and not terribly heavy. If you are going to make a CF hood it would need either a power dome for more under hood clearance and/or venting. I would say the trunk would have a much more significant weight impact.
And this. I want a trunk before I want a hood, for just the reason he said--my hood isn't that heavy. The trunk isn't either, but the CF trunk would save more weight.

You should make bumper covers too. I see more wanted ads for covers, and apparently they're hard to find. I'd buy spares of each just for the time I need them. Yes, they're not that flexible. The OEM ones aren't either. I'd be willing to take my chances with CF covers.

You know what...beyond body panels, you ought to make interior panels for the V1. Everybody wants the interior door panels and no one has a good solution yet. And since they're smaller they'd be a lot easier to get right.

I'd be much more willing to take a flier on some interior door panels. Shoot, I'd even send you mine for molds and be the guinea pig. That beats making them myself by a lot. I'd be curious to see how many people would buy the interior door panels from CF.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:04 AM
Launching!

did this get any attention? I'm in need of a bezel for mine. I'm even considering buying that cheap vinyl and wrapping it with it...
Old 11-12-2013, 02:12 AM
Launching!

did this get any attention? I'm in need of a bezel for mine. I'm even considering buying that cheap vinyl and wrapping it with it...
Old 11-12-2013, 02:24 AM
TECH Regular

i think the hood would look a lot better if the cowl was the only carbon visible, would really tie in all the accents. imo, but it still looks awesome

but those fogs look good, good touch.

Quick Reply: CTS-V carbon fiber