Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Selling my V....What should i ask?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my V....What should i ask?

Hey guys im thinking of selling my 2004 Cadillac CTS-v but i have no idea what would be resonable to ask. any ideas would be appreciated thanks!
This is a list of mods the car has 98k
Lingenfelter top intakemanifold with mp112 magnacharger 8lb pully
Lingenfelter Cold Air Intake
Lingenfelter solid motor mounts
Lingenfelter knock sensors
Lingenfelter short throw shifter
EFI live tuned
Chromoly alumninum drive shaft
G3 8.8 rear end upgrade
stout out put shafts bearings ect
LS7 clutch package (bran new)
12 lb flywheel
Corsa stainless steel exhaust
CCW wheels 19''
Goodyear F1 tires
HID headlights
Old 01-02-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn, your car is stacked with all the goodies. My guess is 12K for the age and milage, plus 8K for the maggie, 8.8 and other goodies gets you to 20K. That may seem low to you, and to me it's worth more, but as you know we don't get great return for our upgrades. It really depends on the buyer. You may post it for 24 and get a hit right away. For a built car like this you will have more luck selling through forums to knowledgeable buyers.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would start at 25k and let the haggling begin. but i wouldnt let it go for less than 22k and your set up just like me
Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

17k. You'll make more if you removed the Maggie and sold it separately.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From what I've seen on LS1tech, everyone will try to low ball you. I'd never try to sell a car on here.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BudRacing
From what I've seen on LS1tech, everyone will try to low ball you. I'd never try to sell a car on here.
What's the difference? They can low-ball till they're blue in the face. You don't have to sell.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Awesome thats about what i was thinking! let me know if anybody wants to buy it haha
Old 01-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
i would start at 25k and let the haggling begin. but i wouldnt let it go for less than 22k and your set up just like me
And mine dynos at exatcly 485 too lol
Old 01-02-2013, 06:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BudRacing
LS1Tech is one of the most knowledgable communities out here.

You could also say, "they'll pay you what it's worth here--if you want to make a profit, go somewhere else, where people are dumber."
Old 01-02-2013, 06:14 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CTSVer bullet
Hey guys im thinking of selling my 2004 Cadillac CTS-v but i have no idea what would be resonable to ask. any ideas would be appreciated thanks!
This is a list of mods the car has 98k
Lingenfelter top intakemanifold with mp112 magnacharger 8lb pully
Lingenfelter Cold Air Intake
Lingenfelter solid motor mounts
Lingenfelter knock sensors
Lingenfelter short throw shifter

EFI live tuned
Chromoly alumninum drive shaft
G3 8.8 rear end upgrade
stout out put shafts bearings ect
LS7 clutch package (bran new)
12 lb flywheel
Corsa stainless steel exhaust
CCW wheels 19''
Goodyear F1 tires
HID headlights
The only thing that could hurt you IMO. GLWS!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DMM
The only thing that could hurt you IMO. GLWS!
Im guessing you arent a Lingenfelter fan? haha well i havent had a problem with them. what is your experence with them?
Old 01-02-2013, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Don't go under $22k
Old 01-02-2013, 09:17 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CTSVer bullet
Im guessing you arent a Lingenfelter fan? haha well i havent had a problem with them. what is your experence with them?
They have burned MANY of my customers, and that was in the relatively short time that I was a dealership Corvette/Camaro Tech. A few things that I have witnessed:

- Re-branding other manufacturer's parts as their own (their sticker literally over the original) and charging anywhere from 30% - 90% over the original price

- If something happens to said re-branded part...they first blame the installer, then the owner, then reluctantly admit that it's not their problem anyhow b/c it's somebody else's part/problem anyhow

- Refused to stand behind the products they sold that caused catastrophic damage. Specifically their early 383 LT1 stroker tunes that were sold as an upgrade for the "Hypertech Power Programmer". I had three customers who all had the same problem with three completely different motors built by different shops all fall victim to the same fate (broken rod and wrist pin). It ended up being a post ignition problem that was written into the tune, which I actually caught a snap-shot of this while logging data with the GM early "flight data" tool after the motor had just been rebuilt...as it let go...again! Two motors, one car, to the tune of almost $18k.

Lingenfelter's response...Its the owner's problem. The builder screwed it up. The installer didn't do something right. When evidence was presented to Lingenfelter the proved without a doubt that THEIR tune is what caused all of these catastrophic failure's, they then conceded that it was not "Their" tune after all...and gave the owner of the car contact information for a defunct, half-a$$ed tune shop and simply stated "we now consider this matter closed".

They recently did the same thing with a CTS-V fuel pump upgrade kit for a Camaro that they sell (factory GM parts BTW)...they provided instructions for installing a BAP in the circuit, but it didn't work and fried the control module. After going back and forth with the tuner, Lingenfelter finally admitted they had no knowledge of how to properly incorporate the BAP in the system, but would not warranty the part that failed due to their misguided instructions. It was all posted to an HP Tuners board a while back, if memory serves correct, I think Tuned by Frost (Steve Williams) had the issue. He is one of the industry premier tuners for LS cars BTW.

Honestly, they're a bunch of half a$$ed idiots screwing people over with what used to be a good name. Anyone that believes otherwise is yet another victim waiting to be burned. I've seen it too many times from their own die hard supporters, many of whom sold their Corvette's and left GM for good.

Last edited by DMM; 01-02-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

Don't go under $22k
Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Take off the blower and sell it for 4-4500, and then list the car for 17-18. I dont see you getting 22-25k for an 04 with 100k miles.

Id also remove the CCW and sell them seperate and I bet all said and doen you get close to 25 but you wotn get it as a package.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Take off the blower and sell it for 4-4500, and then list the car for 17-18. I dont see you getting 22-25k for an 04 with 100k miles.

Id also remove the CCW and sell them seperate and I bet all said and doen you get close to 25 but you wotn get it as a package.
Good ideas i definetley think i will do that
Old 01-03-2013, 09:34 AM
JDB
Launching!

Part it out! You'll always make more $ that way.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

22k is what I would shoot for as well and sell it on Craigslist, E-bay or Auto Trader rather than here, just my 2 cents.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
LS1Tech is one of the most knowledgable communities out here.

You could also say, "they'll pay you what it's worth here--if you want to make a profit, go somewhere else, where people are dumber."
22k is not making a profit..no one could build that car for 22k unless they bought one with 100k+ or had accident history.

mine for example i bought for 19.5k with 36xxx bone stock with no accidents about 5 years ago. since then ive forged the motor 3k,maggie 5k,8.8 3k, wheels 2500,every damn bushing etc etc etc... i have receipts for it all and it saddens me to see just how much i have into it.

but i love this car and if i was forced to sell it or ever decide to and cant get atleast 22k then itll sit in the driveway and rot. these are not f-body's nor a dime-a-dozen car. but thats my opinion.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
22k is not making a profit..no one could build that car for 22k unless they bought one with 100k+ or had accident history.

mine for example i bought for 19.5k with 36xxx bone stock with no accidents about 5 years ago. since then ive forged the motor 3k,maggie 5k,8.8 3k, wheels 2500,every damn bushing etc etc etc... i have receipts for it all and it saddens me to see just how much i have into it.

but i love this car and if i was forced to sell it or ever decide to and cant get atleast 22k then itll sit in the driveway and rot. these are not f-body's nor a dime-a-dozen car. but thats my opinion.
Agreed.

Quick Reply: Selling my V....What should i ask?