Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Pics of my solid subframe mounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my solid subframe mounts

Some of you have asked to see my solid rear subframe mounts... Along with the Ford conversion it's the best mod I've done to the car to date... It's 3/16" plate rounded and welded to the body rail and then bolted to the trailing arm point on the cradle... I also welded the bushing cups to the cradle to remove any up/down movement. I know some of you have reservations about welding to the car, but it is the strongest link... There is a tremendous amount of stress and I felt bolts may start ripping from the body... everything else in the suspension is factory and i have zero wheel hop on the track with drag radials. It took me a total of about 3 hours to do both sides.

On a side note I've got over a dozen passes with this setup and no negative effects so far... Nothing broken and no strange noises... Yesterday I reached a new personal best of 12.22@120 with a 1.88 60' and that was a sluggish launch and bad 1-2 shift... That should've been my 11 second pass... maybe next time as I'm still learning the best way to launch... I'm sure you all know takes practice. Anyways here are the pics I hope it helps you come up with a similar or perhaps better way to subdue oscillation.

Last edited by Skidmarcx; 01-13-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

drastic but awesome. sweeet times too. what were the 60fts with this setup?

Last edited by shadyLS6; 01-13-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good idea, and thanks for posting the pics. Do you think it would allow the cradle to be removed if needed?
Old 01-13-2013, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously in my case I would have to remove these plates to remove the cradle, but I honestly don't plan on it lol... I hook well enough and don't plan on doing the other bushings. So far my best 60' is 1.78 I'm still having a weird occurrence where the motor cuts out when I launch really hard... Fortunately I was able to data log one of my passes yesterday, so I can send the file to my tuner

Last edited by Skidmarcx; 01-13-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Pics of my solid subframe mounts