Go Back   LS1TECH > VEHICLE SPECIFIC FORUMS > Cadillac CTS-V
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Cadillac CTS-V
The Caddy with an Attitude...

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now
 
RADEoN's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 10
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Harrison City, PA
Posts: 1,483
Send a message via AIM to RADEoN Send a message via Skype™ to RADEoN
Default 8.8 swap and axles/driveshaft

What are people doing for axles/cv and driveshaft? I'm looking to start accumulating parts but can't figure this **** out. I've heard there's a coupler to use my stock driveshaft for the time being also. I'd have no issue using stock axles and driveshaft for a few months.
RADEoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now
 
NIKDSC5's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DFW Area
Posts: 1,477
Send a message via AIM to NIKDSC5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADEoN View Post
What are people doing for axles/cv and driveshaft? I'm looking to start accumulating parts but can't figure this **** out. I've heard there's a coupler to use my stock driveshaft for the time being also. I'd have no issue using stock axles and driveshaft for a few months.
This is all in the diy 8.8 thread. Which ifrc they are at a stand still. There is no coupler yet to use the stock drive shaft, and i believe they may have figured a cheaper way with the cv's but nothing confirmed.
NIKDSC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
TECH Fanatic
2005 Cadillac CTS
 
54inches's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 4
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dirty Bay, errr Baytown, TEXAS
Posts: 1,678
Default

There is a coupler of sorts, but you will have to get with Gulf.
__________________
05 V - LS7 Clutch/Slave, Tick Bleeder, RevShift MM/TM, DV8S's SpeedLoader Shifter, Pacesetters coated in/out, SLP cats, xpipe/bullets, G-force tune; 378.56rwhp, 368.66 rwtq
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsslow98
Would it be my choice to put stock axles in with an 8.8........no, but for budget friendly people who can add better parts as they go I dont think its that bad of an idea. ...I never have the money to throw 4k down on a modification at once, and being able to spend 1000 here, 1500 here is much more manageable.
54inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #4
TECH Resident
1970 Chevrolet Malibu
My Garage
 
Bowtie70SS's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 10
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 948
Default

What about this?
http://www.driveshaftshop.com/2004-2...nversion-plate

For $150 you can use your stock shaft
__________________
2004 CTS-V
2003 Silverado SS LQ9
1970 AMC Rebel Machine
My never ending 70 LS2 Chevelle build thread http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...lba-toast.html
Bowtie70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #5
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now
 
NIKDSC5's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DFW Area
Posts: 1,477
Send a message via AIM to NIKDSC5
Default

Correct me if im wrong but to use the stock drive shaft it will have to be cut, shortened, and rewelded. Then, rebalanced which is not something alot of shops are capable of since it is so long.
NIKDSC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
TECH Fanatic
2005 Cadillac CTS
 
54inches's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 4
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dirty Bay, errr Baytown, TEXAS
Posts: 1,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie70SS View Post
What about this?
http://www.driveshaftshop.com/2004-2...nversion-plate

For $150 you can use your stock shaft
That's the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDSC5 View Post
Correct me if im wrong but to use the stock drive shaft it will have to be cut, shortened, and rewelded. Then, rebalanced which is not something alot of shops are capable of since it is so long.
WE are trying to confirm that.

AGAIN, let's post this over in the unified thread so we don't have tech spread out all over.
__________________
05 V - LS7 Clutch/Slave, Tick Bleeder, RevShift MM/TM, DV8S's SpeedLoader Shifter, Pacesetters coated in/out, SLP cats, xpipe/bullets, G-force tune; 378.56rwhp, 368.66 rwtq
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsslow98
Would it be my choice to put stock axles in with an 8.8........no, but for budget friendly people who can add better parts as they go I dont think its that bad of an idea. ...I never have the money to throw 4k down on a modification at once, and being able to spend 1000 here, 1500 here is much more manageable.
54inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now
 
NIKDSC5's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DFW Area
Posts: 1,477
Send a message via AIM to NIKDSC5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDSC5 View Post
This is all in the diy 8.8 thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post


AGAIN, let's post this over in the unified thread so we don't have tech spread out all over.
__________________
05 V, 160 T-stat, OBX 1.875" -cats, Magnaflow CB, UMI MM, CS 8.8 W/4340 CVs/1 Piece CF Shaft/Tru Trac/trans mount/shifter bushings/Trailing arms, Lingenfelter CAI W/3.5" pipe/IAT relocate, Monster stg 3 (POS)W/18lbs FW/Cags elim/ls7 slave/bleeder, UUC shifter, All t56 "Band-Aids", Revshift bushings/TA/Cradle/CA, rear strut bar, Goodrich lines, weight reducing buttons. Waiting to go on: Entire H/C/I w/MS3+TEA STG 2, D2 Coil overs, Sparco seats.
NIKDSC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:50 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird




Paid Advertisement
Reply

Tags
07, 88, axles, cadillac, chevelle, coupler, cts, ctsv, driveshaft, ls1tech, manual, shaft, stock, swap, transmission


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driveshaft Shop axles, The real reason they work so well.... Driveshaft Shop Cadillac CTS-V 19 03-18-2014 02:25 PM
*Sale* Driveshaft Shop Driveshafts, Axles, Giubos.. FSPMatt Sponsor Sales & Specials 0 03-19-2013 01:42 PM
Stock 10 Bolt Housing, Axle Shafts, Driveshaft, TrueTrac bbutski17 Parts Classifieds 7 11-26-2012 08:12 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Service - Privacy Statement - JOBS
Emails & Contact Details