Go Back   LS1TECH > VEHICLE SPECIFIC FORUMS > Cadillac CTS-V
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Cadillac CTS-V
The Caddy with an Attitude...

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 09-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Default keyless entry problems

I have an '09 CTS-V which I purchased about a year ago. I'm having problems with the fob/key recognition. These are the symptoms, which don't all occur at the same time:
approach car, open door and the interior lights fail to come on and the seat fails to adjust
Approach car, doors do not unlock, after some time, doors will open
approach car, open door....ignition fails to come on/turn, DIC shows message electronic key not detected....it did let me into car
turn off car, open door and the radio continues to play...close and reopen door and radio usually turns off and seat goes to exit position.
I took it to the dealer, their reader said both fobs were bad (?!), so they were replaced and reprogrammed and several updates downloaded. Since then it has repeated some of the glitches, but has so far let me in and started.

How many receivers/antennas interact with the fob and where are they located? Am I looking in the right area? Any other ideas/possibilities?

Thanks.
inohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:29 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
antenna, keyless, lt1, receiver