Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Didn't think getting the V back would come at such a high price

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 10:05 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So sorry for your loss. I only wish I had something more than condolences to offer. While I am on the east coast, if there is any way that I (or other members) could possibly help, please do not hesitate.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys for all kind words and comments. It's much appriciated and I know my dad will be riding shotgun with me on it maiden voyage out of our shop. Thanks for everything guys.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for sharing and I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm very close with my Dad and I appreciate every day I spend with him. Your story is a reminder for all of us to hug a loved one. That is certainly one special V you have now!!
Old 11-11-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your loss.
Just watching my parents age and think that one day they'll be gone scares the **** out of me.
Definitely have to cherish them while I have them here.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry to hear that, man...

at least you have the V that your dad drove for a while... kinda like having a piece of him still there.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so sorry to hear about your father, thoughts and prayers sent out to you and yours...
Old 11-11-2013, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Sorry for your loss!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in 05(coincidence my V is an 05). He always wanted a caddy and I think of him when I'm in mine. But he'd always say "easy on the pedal"
Old 11-11-2013, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry about your Dad. This reminds me and motivates me to spend more time with mine. He's almost 70 and in good health but you never know. I'll take him out fishing next chance I get.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Wow. Sorry for your loss man. However, reading this made me realize I havent talked to my dad in a couple weeks. Just got off the phone with him. Thank you for that.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Sorry for your loss bro..
Old 11-17-2013, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

if your dad loved the car, then you need to hang onto it for a while in remembrance of him. and by a while, i mean until it's time for you to give it to your kid when you have one.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

Trust me, the car won't be going anywhere. The only reason why I sold it was because I needed the money that was paying for the car to pay for a house. When dad bought the car I paid it off so there is no bind on my finances to just hang on to it. I absolutely love the car and my dad knew it. He loved it as much as I did and I would always leave the car with him when I went on deployments. He always had a blast driving it and he didn't want to see the car go anymore than I did. So when dad retired, he wrote me a check and I handed him the keys. My biggest regret is not having the time to work on it and get it running again before he passed away. But there is only so much time in the day with three kids running around and its a month out from a deployment to Afghanistan.

I was actually still in Afghanistan when I got the call and they brought me home on emergency leave. It broke my heart to see the car and know dad wanted to get it running before I left. I felt torn because I felt like I let my dad down but at the same time I was trying to take care of my family and get things set up to make my wife's life easier while I was gone. I just wish I could have known. I would have tried a lot harder and slept a lot less just to spend a little more time with dad.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

very sorry to hear. remember all the good times and hold onto the car. you may never be able to get it back if you let it go again. sorry doesnt do your loss justice.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by raven154
Trust me, the car won't be going anywhere. The only reason why I sold it was because I needed the money that was paying for the car to pay for a house. When dad bought the car I paid it off so there is no bind on my finances to just hang on to it. I absolutely love the car and my dad knew it. He loved it as much as I did and I would always leave the car with him when I went on deployments. He always had a blast driving it and he didn't want to see the car go anymore than I did. So when dad retired, he wrote me a check and I handed him the keys. My biggest regret is not having the time to work on it and get it running again before he passed away. But there is only so much time in the day with three kids running around and its a month out from a deployment to Afghanistan.

I was actually still in Afghanistan when I got the call and they brought me home on emergency leave. It broke my heart to see the car and know dad wanted to get it running before I left. I felt torn because I felt like I let my dad down but at the same time I was trying to take care of my family and get things set up to make my wife's life easier while I was gone. I just wish I could have known. I would have tried a lot harder and slept a lot less just to spend a little more time with dad.
trust me man, I'm sure he knew. He raised kids himself, obviously. You were serving the country, you can't work on it overseas... you don't have a job like Joe Civilian who can just simply work on it when he comes home from work.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:43 AM
TECH Addict

Well it's been a while but finally found some time to set the motor in the car. No trans yet but it seems like the big hurtle is out of the way.

For those that see it and wonder, this is the other car in the first pic. 74 318 auto Challenger. I can't decided on keeping it auto or going 4 speed (or T56). It's getting a 440 in it an its either going to be panted blue or gunmetal. I can't decide yet. I've always wanted it gunmetal but dad wanted it blue.

Last edited by raven154; 04-22-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Awesome update!! Keep it going and think of how awesome it's going to sound the first time you start her up (open headers of course)...
Old 04-23-2014, 08:13 PM

Default very heart felt

I am very fortunate to say I havent lost anyone really close yet. But my deepest condolences. I couldnt imagine. Hope you get the cars together the way you that you want.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see you back in the saddle so to speak. Get that old girl back on the road for pops
Old 04-26-2014, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Well its alive. Started it this afternoon and its got great oil pressure unlike before lol I did all that just to pull the trans out again because the bronze shifter cup I had the shop put in when the rebuilt my trans was too tight and the shifter wouldn't center itself.

So I have a CS trans mount on the way so I can use my RevShift billet driveshaft coupler and a new bronze bushing from Tick is on the way too. Still have trailing arm and cradle bushings to install and still need to get the engine bay a little more organized as far as routing goes. It's been about 3 years so trying to get everything back where it belongs is fun lol

Should be able to drive it in a couple weeks. Can't wait!!!!

Here is a pic before I had all the wiring and headers back in place. Sucks I have to pull the headers back out to wrap them but I wanted to hear this thing run today!

Quick Reply: Didn't think getting the V back would come at such a high price