Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What did you do to your V today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 02:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 54inches
i don't think it is ghetto at all! Diy baby....
ftw.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Teching In

I need to install MM spacers today to finish lowering the rear. I have Pacesetter headers, NGK plugs, Taylor wires, Revshift motor mounts, LS7 clutch, flywheel, slave all waiting to go in. Waiting on Tick speed bleeder (slow shipping!) and header studs to get here so I can do it all in 1 or 2 days. Ordered the clutch/flywheel from GMpartsdirect, not real happy with the packaging, some surface rust on side of flywheel and pressure plate got nicked/scratched up. Hoping it is still ok to install? Think I will have it balanced since I am still waiting on other parts.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

What header studs did you get? I installed some ebay ones and had to cut them down for more room between the frame rail and motor to slide the headers up in
Old 11-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fletchf
I need to install MM spacers today to finish lowering the rear. I have Pacesetter headers, NGK plugs, Taylor wires, Revshift motor mounts, LS7 clutch, flywheel, slave all waiting to go in. Waiting on Tick speed bleeder (slow shipping!) and header studs to get here so I can do it all in 1 or 2 days. Ordered the clutch/flywheel from GMpartsdirect, not real happy with the packaging, some surface rust on side of flywheel and pressure plate got nicked/scratched up. Hoping it is still ok to install? Think I will have it balanced since I am still waiting on other parts.
Nice. I wish I had a bunch of stuff just waiting to get thrown on.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cgroh89
What header studs did you get? I installed some ebay ones and had to cut them down for more room between the frame rail and motor to slide the headers up in
Crap, I got the ones from ebay too, how much did you have to cut off?
Old 11-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Messed around with some Plasti-Dip today.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Removed the caddy codpiece. Have some red coil covers coming:

Old 11-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Launching!

StretchASU:

that. looks good. I want to get my grilles painted too look like black chrome. but no one what I'm asking for when i got to shops...

isis:

that was my first mod. I hate the stock V cover. that looks like Voltrons helmet lol

you'll be happy with the end results

Last edited by dead civic; 11-23-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put on the winter wheels, flushed the power steering fluid, replaced the front sway bar bushings, cleaned the MAF, changed the cabin filter, detailed the engine bay. 15*F outside, managed to get it to 40*F in the garage. Damn I'm still cold.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dead civic
isis:

that was my first mod. I hate the stock V cover. that looks like Voltrons helmet lol

you'll be happy with the end results

Thanks for the pic. I even put it in a carshow this summer and didn't open the hood. It's really terrible. Plus I want to hear the engine. It purrs with the highflow cats and stock exhaust. You really hear the motor. I am hoping for more of that. If it's just cosmetic, that's fine too.

Any tips on what I need to trim or is it pretty obvious?

Also, what's the part number for that ultima?
Old 11-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Launching!

No prob.

you can see at the inner top corners youll have to trim what feel like a whole lot.

Just sit them and you'll see where to trim. Also you'll need to reuse those little rubber grips on you stock cover.

The Optima. I'm not sure man. I just piked it up and O'riley for like 220 or so.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:25 AM
JDB
Launching!

I swapped to winter wheel/tires over the weekend. Storm hitting us tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I know. Ghetto. but oh well. I'll be getting a nice K&N CAI soon
BTW I have a K&N drop in now.
I did stuff like this with my old cars. Basically all you accomplish is disabling the factory CAI and messed up the tuning that is built in for the stock airbox resonance. The airbox volume and size/length of the funnel is engineered to boost low/midrange with typically zero detriment to top end.

At first it's cool because it's louder, but when I would go back to stock on my other cars after messing with the airbox I always noticed a power increase.

similar speak. http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Airboxes.html
Old 11-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Launching!

MN_V: I can see how that's true. but I havent noticed anything dramatic. I'll only have it until I can get a real setup.

This weekend. installed my plate re-locator witch i made myself and replaces those pesty corner lights for LEDs, I'm not happy with the cool blue I went with. I'll be replacing them with pure white ones.

and installed my 54inches shifter very happy.

torn boot. Oh well
Old 11-25-2013, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MN_V
I did stuff like this with my old cars. Basically all you accomplish is disabling the factory CAI and messed up the tuning that is built in for the stock airbox resonance. The airbox volume and size/length of the funnel is engineered to boost low/midrange with typically zero detriment to top end.

At first it's cool because it's louder, but when I would go back to stock on my other cars after messing with the airbox I always noticed a power increase.

similar speak. http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Airboxes.html
I found that to be true as well. I have datalogs somewhere that back it up on my Saabaru and I just ended up selling the carb'd bike with the pod filters.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Launching!

sux. I guess I'm make CAI my next purchase :/

BTW just cleaned my shifter bezel.. it was so gunky.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wasn't trying to discourage, I found no difference on the car at all. Good or bad. The bike affected vacuum response which dramatically affects fueling on a carb setup. Pretty much terrible unless you are tuned for WOT only.

What did you do with the bezel? Mine sucks too. Thinking about taking it out and replacing the rubber coating with something less awful. Just soap? Think I have scratches as well as gunk.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Launching!

nice. so I'll take my time on that CAI.

I just ran it in hot water soaped u a sponge real good with dawn and hit it, took 3 tries and 2 sponges to get it done tho.

it's super sticky, that feeling was nasty. and it looked nasty. now its just shiny plastic. GM shoulda just left it like that. looks better.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by isis
I have scratches as well as gunk.
lol...

I also did pod filters and big jetting on my Bandit 1200 it certainly gave it a wicked top end but sacrificed elsewhere and would not run well when cold, just too much air and not enough resistance. Love my FI bike now....

nice. so I'll take my time on that CAI.

it's super sticky, that feeling was nasty. and it looked nasty. now its just shiny plastic. GM shoulda just left it like that. looks better.
I have only touched the bezel twice since I owned the car and it felt nasty too but it is clean so I am just planning on never touching it again. GM put some type of tacky dressing on it that must break down over time. I think it will scratch if I were to drag my fingernail lightly across it.

Yea no worries on your airbox mod you won't hurt anything, if you like it rock it. Air filter will get dirty fast though too, sucking in everything that settles inside the engine bay.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MN_V
lol...

I also did pod filters and big jetting on my Bandit 1200 it certainly gave it a wicked top end but sacrificed elsewhere and would not run well when cold, just too much air and not enough resistance. Love my FI bike now....

Yea no worries on your airbox mod you won't hurt anything, if you like it rock it. Air filter will get dirty fast though too, sucking in everything that settles inside the engine bay.
On the bike I had a ZR7-S so same bike with smaller motor essentially. Same thing. Good for a drag bike and even a streetbike at the temperature it's tuned for. But even 15 degrees would make a barfing sound when you would crack the throttle. That's the motor leaning out. You know the sound when a shop vac bogs when you plug the hose? It's the opposite of that sound.

So if I take the rubberized crap off the bezel it's just black plastic underneath?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your V today?