Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Good weekend for the V

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good weekend for the V

Interesting weekend.. yesterday I pull up to a strip mall and a guy is sitting outside with his wife. As I get out the car I hear him say "I found the love of my life".. she slap his arm and says " I am the love of your life what the ****?"... He replies "no baby... I found a new one". I walked by and laughed to myself cuz he couldnt take his eyes off the V. After I came out the store I dropped my window and said "just for you man" and gave him some revs... his face was priceless and his wife just shook her head.

Right after that I drove over to Target and ran inside. I park way out on the edge of the lot whenever possible. As I came back out to my car I saw an older Olds parked like a space away from me. I get pissed when I park away from everyone and you get that one person that somehow finds your **** and parks right on top of you. So Im giving the chick driving the Olds an evil look while I get in the car. Then I notice her waving her hand up and down and I think she is fussing at me. Then I realize she is telling me to rev the motor... I was surprised but I start the car and give it some 93 grade and she cracks this big smile puffs her cigarette and gives me a thumbs up.

This morning I pull into my driveway and a Jeep pulls up on the curb and an older gentleman gets out and walks up to the car. He waits while I finish my phone call then I hand up and he says "hi, I have seen you driving around here in the last couple months and wanted to talk to you about the car". I start cheesing because its been like a magnet all weekend. In the end we sit and talk for about 10 minutes. He couldnt believe it came stock with the 6spd. Just an older guy who loved cars. Said he had seen the car around a lot and heard it just as much.

Just figured it was a good story to share. I get crazy looks and attention all the time, but this weekend people were all over her. I would probably need to drive a GTR to get this kind of attention from any other car....
Old 01-05-2014, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the only people who think V1s are shitty are gear heads, heh. To everyone else, they're super bad ***.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what year and exhaust do you have?
Old 01-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Sweet! I havent gotten quite that level of compliments. But I have been told my car sounds like a racecar, nascar and ive scared small dogs and children lol. Very satisfying. And people are always surprised by the 6spd and the motor.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

LOL I always scare people out the way. Works wonders here in NYC, where people like to try and run in front of you at every green light. A nice rev with the cutouts open gets people to move out your way faster. lol
Old 01-05-2014, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I have always kidded that I can pull more dick with my car than I can *****. I get so many guys stopping and waving and ****.

I get girls every once in awhile.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MN_V
what year and exhaust do you have?
06 with xpipe and no mufflers. Not too loud, sounds good as hell though. wait until I get headers and hi flow cats... im debating mufflers with that set up or to leave it loud.

I mean, there are lots of cars that sound good as hell driving around.. 5.0's camaros, some trucks. Its just that nobody expects it from a caddy so people are always doing double takes. Hell I had a vette guy holla at me at a light a couple weeks ago about it. He was surprised that the cars sounded the same.

I think its funny...
Old 01-06-2014, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1yakini
He was surprised that the cars sounded the same.
Should've told him what I tell my Mazda buddies: "More than you can afford, pal. Cadillac." vroom vroom
Old 01-06-2014, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bmylez
Should've told him what I tell my Mazda buddies: "More than you can afford, pal. Cadillac." vroom vroom
Except most 'Vette owners are wealthy 60 year olds and most V1 owners are about half that age now with just enough money to pay for "mods" and tires lol
Old 01-06-2014, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea there is no question the V pulls more dicks than chicks...dont think I have ever had a girl notice my car, except my girlfriend, lol
Old 01-06-2014, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh I get a fair amount of girls, but too many guys for sure....lol

Quick Reply: Good weekend for the V