Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Hurst shifter for the 2004-2007 CTS-V.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1247
Mines got sentimental value (had it sense I was 16) but you can find them all day long on ebay for fairly cheap. Like the way it feels but it was too big for the interior and looked way out of place IMHO...
Gotcha. I'm going to have to see for myself if nobody else here does the T handle first. I think a brushed T handle would fit in nicely with all the other brushed trim pieces. Of course it'll stand out since it's not a "pretty" or "fancy" piece that would typically be a Cadillac choice; but that's the point. "Woah...that looks badass!" is the reaction I'm expecting from passengers when/if I do it. And also, less hand-slipping-off-the shifter-and-banging-off-the-ashtray-thing too...that'll be nice I can't even imagine how much more that would happen with the Hurst Ball on there... that thing looks far more slippery than the stock leather shift ****.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am very pleased with the Hurst! Eventually I will post some pics on install to help others... Also I changed out of few bolts from stock.

The wife got in last week and drove with the Hurst for the first time. Unsolicited she even asked when I changed to the Hurst and that it was a much better shifting with the Hurst! Nothing like unsolicited wife approval on mods
Old 08-30-2014, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by wes8398
Gotcha. I'm going to have to see for myself if nobody else here does the T handle first. I think a brushed T handle would fit in nicely with all the other brushed trim pieces. Of course it'll stand out since it's not a "pretty" or "fancy" piece that would typically be a Cadillac choice; but that's the point. "Woah...that looks badass!" is the reaction I'm expecting from passengers when/if I do it.
Keep in mind that the brushed aluminum T handle is raw aluminum (or at least, they used to be), and when aluminum oxidizes, it turns dark or black. Add the salt from a sweating palm (I had one in a Formula back in the day, and I live in TX, so it can get meltdown hot in the sun) and you have a corrosion issue. Bottom line, unless you can coat it, or get the chromed one, its going to look pretty industrial over time.

I tried clear rattlecan paint, but it looked pretty ghetto, so I stripped it after a while.
Attached Thumbnails Hurst shifter for the 2004-2007 CTS-V.-hurst_t_handle.jpg  
Old 08-31-2014, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

a T handle on a 6 speed just doesnt do it for me...If you want the oldschool vibe then someone should try a pistol grip! Might have to go an offset style to avoid grabbing third and the hvac controls at the same time.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hootisratchet
Keep in mind that the brushed aluminum T handle is raw aluminum (or at least, they used to be), and when aluminum oxidizes, it turns dark or black. Add the salt from a sweating palm (I had one in a Formula back in the day, and I live in TX, so it can get meltdown hot in the sun) and you have a corrosion issue. Bottom line, unless you can coat it, or get the chromed one, its going to look pretty industrial over time.

I tried clear rattlecan paint, but it looked pretty ghetto, so I stripped it after a while.
Oh, wow... I didn't know they did that! That changes my mind on the finish, for sure. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Becker
a T handle on a 6 speed just doesnt do it for me...If you want the oldschool vibe then someone should try a pistol grip! Might have to go an offset style to avoid grabbing third and the hvac controls at the same time.
well, that is sharp!
Old 09-02-2014, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by wes8398
Oh, wow... I didn't know they did that! That changes my mind on the finish, for sure. Thanks for the heads up!
Keep in mind that my experience was from a while ago, and they may have a new coating that prevents this on the brushed one...check with Hurst to be sure, as I'd hate to be misleading...
Old 09-05-2014, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

McMaster Carr 6045k49 1 7/8 3/8-16 threaded solid steel ball...$8.68
Attached Thumbnails Hurst shifter for the 2004-2007 CTS-V.-image.jpg  
Old 09-05-2014, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks old school. How u like it? I like that ashtrady
Old 09-05-2014, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like it...my white hurst ball cracked and got really noisy so this is a improvement. It's heavy so it has a nice feel to it and its quiet.

It does get a little hot when the car sits but not hot enough to bother me (yet) and it cools off quick. May look into getting it wrapped in leather or whatever at some point.

And that would be lack of ashtray...
Old 09-24-2014, 02:16 PM
Teching In

I recently bought the Hurst Shifter and I love it. Did the LS7 clutch and the bushing modifications along with the hurst. The difference is night and day. Another satisfied customer Bryan. Thank you.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Brian, from the top, how do I order the shifter and all bushings for sloppy 05V?

Also.. interest in same shifter for my '14 V Man Coupe?

Respects
Bill Strait
Old 10-01-2014, 06:24 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by v8strait
Brian, from the top, how do I order the shifter and all bushings for sloppy 05V?

Also.. interest in same shifter for my '14 V Man Coupe?

Respects
Bill Strait
Are you pulling the transmission to install any? Of not, Paypal me the $275 for the Hurst and order a set of polyurethane outer linkage bar bushings from Crestive Steel from their website.

The '14 is a totally different setup. I do not make a short shifter for the V2.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Borrowed your idea. I was looking for something low dollar with some weight to it. Thanks for sharing!

Old 10-03-2014, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
The benefits of the Hurst are:

1. It is a FULL replacement shifter. So if your stock nylon pivot ball and/or your nylon bushings in the base are creating side to side or up and down play, this will eliminate ALL of that. The only play that will be left in your system is what is created by the linkage at the transmission end.

2. A Teflon coated spherical bushing designed for this type of application is used in place of the stock nylon pivot ball and nylon housing setup. This bushing does not require as service during it's entire life cycle. This means that no periodic greasing is needed, install and forget about it. The spherical pivot bushing is also replaceable if it ever wears.

3. The bushings in the base are a completely new design. Using four years of CTS-V shifter experience, I designed a new set of bushings to fit tighter, last longer and eliminate ALL of the play.

4. The Hurst kit comes with two stalks. The first one is the classic Hurst style exposed chrome stalk. This can be used with the white ball **** that is included or any of the other multiple Hurst ***** available. The second supplied stalk is designed for use with the stock gen5 Camaro or G8 ****. The stock V boot does not adapt to the Camaro or G8 *****, however, I have developed a method to modify the second stalk to accept the stock V ****. I will have to ask that you send me your stock shifter after you swap it out for the modified 2nd stalk. I can also adapt any threads you desire to the top of the second modified stalk. Just ask, I can do it all.

5. The kit includes dynamat and rubber vibration isolation pieces. The dynamat is included if you you experience noise transmitted through your Hurst shifter. Of the hiders I have modified and shipped, I have not had any comments as to excessive noise from their shifters and I don't think anyone has used the Dynamat. The supplied rubber isolators go between the bottom portion and the upper stalk that the **** attaches to. This creates a barrier so the noise and vibration doesn't travel into the cabin.

6. The stalk is easily changed out. If you get bored with the exposed chrome stalk and white **** simply unbolt the two bolts and swap it out. This is all done through the center console.

7. The bottom of the shifter is raised an additional 3/16" from my modified stock shifter. This means there shouldn't be even a remote chance I hitting the driveshaft with any aftermarket trans mount, motor mounts or driveshaft combination.

8. Satisfaction guaranteed. As with my other shifters, I offer a lifetime guarantee. If you aren't completely satisfied I will work my best to make it right, up to and including full money back.

The standard cost is $275 shipped to your door. Payment is preferred through Paypal, my address is br_1868@hotmail.com. If you would like the secondary stalk modified to accept the stock V **** I only require that you send me your stock shifter after you swap it out. I try to keep these in stock but if I run out the wait time will be less than a week.

A picture of the supplied kit.

Picture after installation.

A short video courtesy of Ryridesmotox

i would like to get your shifter and any thing else you think it would need to be right i just got a 06 ctsv and would like to pick your brain on the best things to do to it? looks like you have been down this road for a min im in TX my number is (512)545-9258 my name is steve thanks
Old 10-03-2014, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quoting his entire post was unnecessary, but he will be able to help you out with whatever you need.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
Are you pulling the transmission to install any? Of not, Paypal me the $275 for the Hurst and order a set of polyurethane outer linkage bar bushings from Crestive Steel from their website.

The '14 is a totally different setup. I do not make a short shifter for the V2.
Hi, I just bought an 05 V today and i'm interested in this as well. When you mention the set of polyurethane outer linkage bar bushings from Crestive Steel do you mean the "poly - shifter support rod bushings" option from https://creative-steel.com/store/ind...t_detail&p=181 for $25 or do you mean the kit that includes both for $75?
I'm just trying to get everything understood before I place my order with you.
Also, do you include instructions with your kit?

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Def want one for my 05V also
Old 10-04-2014, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by go4lucas
Hi, I just bought an 05 V today and i'm interested in this as well. When you mention the set of polyurethane outer linkage bar bushings from Crestive Steel do you mean the "poly - shifter support rod bushings" option from https://creative-steel.com/store/ind...t_detail&p=181 for $25 or do you mean the kit that includes both for $75?
I'm just trying to get everything understood before I place my order with you.
Also, do you include instructions with your kit?

Thanks!
The shifter already comes with shift linkage bushings. You don't need/want the bronze ones that CS sells. You only want the the shifter support rod bushings.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Restricted User

The poly bushings are $25 The bronze bushings are for the stock shifter base and are not correct for the hurst.

Quick Reply: Hurst shifter for the 2004-2007 CTS-V.