Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Whipple off, rethinking my next option

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tommycompton
I'll start making some calls in the next day or two, see if I can find a vendor to play ball.
Im looking at doing this too. If you find someone let them know another person is also interested. I wasnt planning on a build this soon but if youre doing all the leg work and I can jump on in on it... I can have the cash in 1-2 months. Im running an ls6. If not thats cool too but someone might be more interested in 2 sales...
Old 01-13-2014, 06:53 PM
TECH Resident

Ill let ya know what I find out.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DMM
Mike dropped off after the RXT group buy. Completely understand your hesitance with Hendrix, everyone that has dealt with him knows exactly where you're coming from.

Mike supported the group buy perfectly and went back to normal business responsibilities once the group buy was done. Watch what you say.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Mike supported the group buy perfectly and went back to normal business responsibilities once the group buy was done. Watch what you say.
Yeah Mike and SK speed are fantastic! He may not do a lot of forum trafficking but with service like theirs I don't think it's needed. After dealing with Mike all of my business for what they offer is going their way!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

With the tvs2300 ( or e-force) you can get 850 hp. Not sure how high you want to go but that's about the limit. I had been watching your build and bought the tvs about the same time you bought the whipple. Sorry to hear it did not work out. That head unit has so much more potential....
Old 01-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5

Yeah Mike and SK speed are fantastic! He may not do a lot of forum trafficking but with service like theirs I don't think it's needed. After dealing with Mike all of my business for what they offer is going their way!
I was in on the clutch group bye and I remember emailing back n fourth. The guy was really cool and understanding. Id definately go through him again
Old 01-13-2014, 11:52 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pump your brakes, Fuzzy...I meant no harm. Mike has not frequented this section (or site that I'm aware of) since after the group buy. In contrast, the Brakemotive dude and a few others (Martin at Tick, Fran with RPM, etc) still pop in once in a while.

Mike surfaced in one of the E-Force threads and fell off. It happens.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

Looks like jegs and summit both sell a tuner kit for the eforce part number 15440.
Comes with a few pieces I don't need like, the valley cover, maf, intake tubing, intercooler pump, and air filter.
But at least it comes without, the hex, tuner, fuel pump, and BAP.
Wonder if they'd offer different pulley sizes and injectors intead of what it comes with?
Don't think I'll be finding a deal like DMM, but if I could find a vendor to bite and keep the parts I don't need for a few hundred off, I'd do it.
What all came in box #2 that you didn't want DMM?
Anybody got any ideas on vendors I should be hitting up?
Old 01-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Bummer. For that much money and still needing to find and or fab that much myself I'll have to hold off till after an 8.8... and then I can dream of a rear mount tt setup again instead!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:01 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The "Box 1" kit does not include anything other than the head unit, fuel rails, tensioner, bolt kit, injectors if purchased, and crank pinning kit. Box 2 has everything else like pump, lines, HEX, etc.

You only need the BOX 1 kit and nothing else, if you can get I that way. I believe it comes down to vendors just trying to order **** from their catalog and never bothering to pick up the phone to get what we really need.

It should not be this hard...I seriously need to open a speed shop.

Let me know if you have any luck with the P/N's or using my order number. I believe quite a few people would be interested in this if they could simply get their hands on the parts we can use without being forced to pay for the things we cannot use. It's a real deal breaker for most (understandably).
Old 01-14-2014, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DMM
The "Box 1" kit does not include anything other than the head unit, fuel rails, tensioner, bolt kit, injectors if purchased, and crank pinning kit. Box 2 has everything else like pump, lines, HEX, etc.

You only need the BOX 1 kit and nothing else, if you can get I that way. I believe it comes down to vendors just trying to order **** from their catalog and never bothering to pick up the phone to get what we really need.

It should not be this hard...I seriously need to open a speed shop.

Let me know if you have any luck with the P/N's or using my order number. I believe quite a few people would be interested in this if they could simply get their hands on the parts we can use without being forced to pay for the things we cannot use. It's a real deal breaker for most (understandably).
Agree... One of the reasons I'm going back and forth on this stuff. And when I'm going for it, I am leaving towards a procharger
Old 01-14-2014, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

This is what you need.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Not to hijack, but why did you remove your current whipple?
Old 01-15-2014, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2007V
Not to hijack, but why did you remove your current whipple?
The manifold design for it was crap, it was bottle necking the whipple big time, with my high flowing heads and lower compression it was making it worse.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:04 PM
Launching!

But I thought boost fixed everything! Was the boost pressure excessive and no power?
Old 01-16-2014, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2007V
But I thought boost fixed everything! Was the boost pressure excessive and no power?
Yes excessive boost pressure and no power. 16lbs of boost with a pulley that based on theory should have only been 9-10 lbs.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tommycompton
Yes excessive boost pressure and no power. 16lbs of boost with a pulley that based on theory should have only been 9-10 lbs.
Have you considered having the manifold port matched? Have you tried installing a phenolic spacer to increase manifold efficiency? Also, is the manufacturer aware of the problem, or have they fixed it on newer model blowers?
Old 01-16-2014, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

Have you considered having the manifold port matched? Have you tried installing a phenolic spacer to increase manifold efficiency? Also, is the manufacturer aware of the problem, or have they fixed it on newer model blowers?
Oh the manufacturer is well aware, the lower manifold was made by a shitty little company. porting it won't help, nothing will help the design of that manifold. The only way is to either build your own manifold with an intercooler, or get the manifold from the new cathedral port 2.9l whipple and make your own adapter plate, which wouold make it too tall for even my power dome hood. The company I bought it from offers a taller manifold for it which may work, but he wants 2500.00 for it, and if it has the same intercooler design I wouldn't be interested.
the manifold I have literally cuts the intake ports in half, I knew it would be a problem eventually, if I wanted more power, but didn't think it would bottle neck so fast on my diplacement.
The way it is it, would probably only work with slightly lowered compression and the largest pulley they offer.
After that your limited by the manifold.
I'm just sick of the thing and don't want to throw anymore money at it.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Sorry to hear that. Since I plan to do a rectangle port 3.3L/4.0L Whipple in a year or two, do you think that any of these problems apply to my future build?
Old 01-16-2014, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Hood clearances, thats why I'm going eforce over whipple right now. Im not sure the hieght of the ls3 whipple, but I think it will be the same

Quick Reply: Whipple off, rethinking my next option