Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Whipple off, rethinking my next option

Old 01-29-2014, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the list
Eforce 15440

the vendor
Mike F
S-K Speed Racing Equipment
The Professional Performance People
www.skspeed.com

Few things that I ordered that probably aren't needed, like the pump bracket, but I wanted to check it out.
DMM has all the other parts listed on his threads. Once I get all the parts I'll eventually post all in one thread.
I also don't need the wiring harness, but some of you might. I ordered the rail covers too, to see if I can get them to fit.
If your planning on it, might want to wait until I get mine to verify 100% fitament. Mind you I'm pretty positve I got all the right pieces, and if there is a problem with the snout direction, I'll cut and weld if I got to.
Mike says to give him a shout for pricing.
I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Last edited by tommycompton; 01-29-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:34 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those are phenomenal prices! A few things can still be left off, although that is a hell of a price for what you have there.

Props to you and Mike for getting this together!

Last edited by DMM; 01-29-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DMM
Those are phenomenal prices! A few things can still be left off,
Props to you and Mike for getting this together!
Props to you for your help too.
I could have left out the pump bracket, rail covers and hardware, and the wiring harness. Would have put it below 5k.
And I believe he mentioned free shipping in the U.S.

Last edited by tommycompton; 01-29-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

Should also note, some people may need the MAF and such.
Plus Ls6 guys will need some extras, like ls2 throttle body, valley cover.
It's probably best to get the parts list from Mike and check off what you want and don't want.
I think I have a full list I can post up too.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:46 AM
FoD
On The Tree

Please do post up a full list if you have it. I am seriously contemplating this.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

What I crossed off

Old 01-30-2014, 04:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very excited to see how this pans out. While I havent figured out exactly all the parts that are required for this swap yet, Tom is going to be a good test subject for everyone to see!

I Cant guarantee whats going to fit and what isnt. What I can absolutely help with is the parts sourcing and pricing. I can get dimensions on the head units and unlike other dealers I have no problem trying to get what ever individual parts while some others only want to sell catalog parts.

That master parts list above is a great guide to picking out what you need, and Im glad to help anyone with this.

Originally Posted by DMM
Pump your brakes, Fuzzy...I meant no harm. Mike has not frequented this section (or site that I'm aware of) since after the group buy. In contrast, the Brakemotive dude and a few others (Martin at Tick, Fran with RPM, etc) still pop in once in a while.

Mike surfaced in one of the E-Force threads and fell off. It happens.
Youre right on this, and I apologize. I havent been able to get on here as much as I like as we expanded into a new bigger Showroom and Warehouse this year, and Im trying now to really get on here every day. I check my PM's fairly quickly, and Im here 5 days a week near the phone too. Please dont hesitate to contact me with anything I can help with.

Lets build some Caddy Power guys!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:00 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Mike! We really appreciate you bringing this to fruition! If you need any info or have any customers with an '04-'05 (LS6) CTS-V I would be more than happy to help with an additional parts list so that everyone knows exactly what they'll need ahead of time.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DMM
Mike! We really appreciate you bringing this to fruition! If you need any info or have any customers with an '04-'05 (LS6) CTS-V I would be more than happy to help with an additional parts list so that everyone knows exactly what they'll need ahead of time.
That would be me. But im at least 6 mo. Away from purchase so I dont need to get too specific right now
Old 01-31-2014, 07:53 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DMM
Glad to help! Lets see how this build goes and I will be excited to see the results. I appreciate the offer to pick your brain as needed!
Old 02-08-2014, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Sweet another E-Force CTS-V!!!
Old 02-08-2014, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Tommy, The IAT sensor on the E-Force will get Heat soaked. You can do the Omega thermistor mod on the boost port using compression fitting and save yourself some headaches
Old 02-08-2014, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by psychobillycaddy
Tommy, The IAT sensor on the E-Force will get Heat soaked. You can do the Omega thermistor mod on the boost port using compression fitting and save yourself some headaches
Thanks for the heads up. I already have an Omega thermistor I was going to use on my last blower, it's a no brainer I'd be doing something different than what edelbrock had in mind. I also have another fast reacting Iat sensor that may or may not work. Any links or pics of what you did would be appreciated.

Got a bigger Hex from frozen boost, meziere pump, Canton expansion tank, and some parts for hard lining the intercooler on it's way. Should be here by Monday.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:53 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Have a link to the canton expansion tank you're looking at? As you've already seen, mine's hideous and in need of an upgrade lol.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DMM
Have a link to the canton expansion tank you're looking at? As you've already seen, mine's hideous and in need of an upgrade lol.
Tis is the one I got. Hopefully I'll find a place for it.
http://www.summitracing.com/dom/part...-200/overview/

Old 02-08-2014, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tommycompton
Thanks for the heads up. I already have an Omega thermistor I was going to use on my last blower, it's a no brainer I'd be doing something different than what edelbrock had in mind. I also have another fast reacting Iat sensor that may or may not work. Any links or pics of what you did would be appreciated.

Got a bigger Hex from frozen boost, meziere pump, Canton expansion tank, and some parts for hard lining the intercooler on it's way. Should be here by Monday.
Ill get a pic of it today and post it here.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DMM
I would start with the 3.25" pulley, get the tune straight, then upgrade to the 3.0" or OD crank pulley. The 3.25" gives me just over 10 lbs. and about 9 lbs on an LS3. They make 2.75" pulleys, which when combined with the OD crank pulley should be enough for over 800 whp.

I am contemplating an Extreme Composite hood, and may upgrade to the E-Force Chevy Silverado lid for increased volume. If/when I do this, I'll drill and tap the lid for meth and spray the charge air after the rotors, but before the intercoolers for maximum benefit (as meth is designed). The E-Force is the only supercharger on the market (save for OE LS9 units) where this is possible due to the supercharger rotor/intercooler location.

Just food for thought.
I have the Extreme Composites hood w/ vents on my 05 V and I can definitely recommend them. With a fiberglass piece, you would expect a lot of modifications needed to make it fit properly, however, this was not the case with their hood. I had to use 1 washer underneath the top bolt on the driver side to make it flush with the fender, but that was it!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

Update!!! Got a delivery today.

Thanks to Mike at SK speed for making this happen and all the extra goodies he sent!
Was well packaged and worth the wait.
As you can see from the pics the snout is facing the right direction
Old 03-27-2014, 07:10 PM
Launching!

sweet!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hot damn! Hey, are you going to go into the wheel well with your intake?

If so, can you keep a log of lessons learned and measurements?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whipple off, rethinking my next option