Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Creative Steel: Front Sway Bar Bushings

Old 01-15-2014, 09:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creative Steel: Front Sway Bar Bushings

I wanted to let you guys know that we now have the bushings for the front sway bar that fit the factory brackets. If you have some clunking coming from the front suspension when you hit bumps in the road then your sway bar bushings are probably bad/worn out. We put a set of these on our car and it was crazy how such a simple, seemingly insignificant bushing could tighten up the way the car corners. And...the clunking is gone.

Our bushings have grease grooves cast in them so you can grease them periodically to avoid the squeaking that urethane bushing are know for over time. In order to grease them you will need to drill and tap the top of your existing/factory brackets to install a grease zerk. In time we will also be offering the OEM brackets with the grease zerk installed for those of you that want a turn key solution delivered to your door.

These bushings are listed on our website for $29.95 a pair + shipping
Visit the website: https://creative-steel.com/store/ind...t_detail&p=163

Last edited by Creative Steel; 01-15-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Launching!

Nice. Bushing link is broken tho.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:42 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dead civic
Nice. Bushing link is broken tho.
Ya, that's what I get for learning how to roll out a new product from Obama.

We'll get it fixed....that too sounds familiar.

It works now.

Last edited by Creative Steel; 01-15-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interested. I was looking to replace them with new stock ones soon.
I will get these instead.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:02 AM
Launching!

Thinking about doing rear as well?
Old 01-16-2014, 07:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Hooray! Are you going to do the V6 CTS, too? I see quite a few posts in the V6 section over on CF.com, so I'd say there's definitely a market there.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I guess my question is: how many people still have the stock sway bars, and why?
Old 01-16-2014, 08:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
I guess my question is: how many people still have the stock sway bars, and why?
I'd say most and because they would rather spend the money elsewhere. I applaud Creative Steel for offering these. I'll be picking up a set soon.

Have fun with your aftermarket sway bars. Lose the condescending attitude or the wealth of knowledge you do have will get lost in translation.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Staging Lane

The amount of V owners that still run the stock sway bars probably far outweigh the ones that have switched to Addco or Hotchkis. For the average V owner and even the one that runs an occasional HPDE, sway bars are just not a necessary upgrade. There are more critical areas of this car to address way before sways become necessary. This is an upgrade from the soft factory bushings that has been needed by many for a while and for no more money than it would cost to go get new OEM bushings from the dealer.

Thanks CS for keeping up with the little areas of this car that go neglected. I'll be placing an order here soon.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Forcfed93
I'd say most and because they would rather spend the money elsewhere. I applaud Creative Steel for offering these. I'll be picking up a set soon.

Have fun with your aftermarket sway bars. Lose the condescending attitude or the wealth of knowledge you do have will get lost in translation.
It sounds like you're reading a condescending attitude into my words that doesn't exist. Please try to avoid jumping to conclusions based on your attitude and writing style (I know how hard that can be--I often fall into the same trap).
Old 01-16-2014, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

It sounds like you're reading a condescending attitude into my words that doesn't exist. Please try to avoid jumping to conclusions based on your attitude and writing style (I know how hard that can be--I often fall into the same trap).
They're on the to do list! Believe that! But for me, I do things in sections. So right now I'm focusing on my head cam swap (have everything less the heads) so I have not spent any money on the suspension. I have the D2's sitting still from a year ago just waiting for different springs, sway bars, bushings (F-UCA, F-LCA sway bar), end links yada yada yada. It all adds up to another 1k or so. So for me it is just been on hold until I come up with the 1700$ I need for heads.

Wish I had the money of some of the guys on the forum!

As for the bushing Max, I would say to offer them with different diameter holes for different aftermarket swaybars! Hotchkis and ADDCO being the top two. Near only two as far as I know.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:53 AM
TECH Junkie

If they had 1.000", 1.250", and 1.375" bushings and offered them in both 95A and 75D durometers, I think they'd have a lot of business--not just from the CTS-V community.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:55 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 01_SuperSlow
Very interested. I was looking to replace them with new stock ones soon.
I will get these instead.
Sounds Good. Tired of the front end clunk?

Originally Posted by thefullmonty_07
Thinking about doing rear as well?
Yes, it's just a matter of time.

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
Hooray! Are you going to do the V6 CTS, too? I see quite a few posts in the V6 section over on CF.com, so I'd say there's definitely a market there.
Yes, We're going to make them for the CTS's. Thanks for the Hooray! Little do you know but you are the biggest reason the fire was kept going under this product. Thanks for asking them to be made.

I would say out of the 10,197 V1's built, over 10,000 still have the factory sway bars because they meet the level of performance required for getting to and from work.

These bushing do "up" the level of useable performance of the factory sway bar, but killing the clunk will be the motivation for those that don't plan to track their car
Old 01-16-2014, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Creative Steel
I would say out of the 10,197 V1's built, over 10,000 still have the factory sway bars because they meet the level of performance required for getting to and from work.

These bushing do "up" the level of useable performance of the factory sway bar, but killing the clunk will be the motivation for those that don't plan to track their car
Sounds like confirmation bias to me. Over the last few years, I've received 200+ PMs discussing sway bar options and end link settings, so it seems to me that around 2/3 of the Cadillac Forums and LS1Tech are running some form of Eibach, Hotchkis, GMPP, or Addco sway bars and brackets.

Granted, the adoption rate of CF/LS1Tech members is probably several times higher than the unwashed masses, but those unwashed masses are not 10,197 strong. Looking at the volume of "new" salvage parts on eBay over the past couple of years makes me think that at least 1/4 of the original production run of V1s has been decommissioned.

Either way, my point is, why hamstring yourself building bushings for one subset of the population when with a moderate amount of additional effort, you could receive orders from the whole?

Last edited by FuzzyLog1c; 01-16-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

after market sways typically come with poly bushings. why have someone make an item that is already available?? stock bar bushings are not offered by anyone except oem rubber. besides id rather put money into a couple extra wheels..hint hint
Old 01-16-2014, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just order the sway bar bushing.

My car not running so I might start replace some parts.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:12 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds like confirmation bias to me. Over the last few years, I've received 200+ PMs discussing sway bar options and end link settings, so it seems to me that around 2/3 of the Cadillac Forums and LS1Tech are running some form of Eibach, Hotchkis, GMPP, or Addco sway bars and brackets.

Granted, the adoption rate of CF/LS1Tech members is probably several times higher than the unwashed masses, but those unwashed masses are not 10,197 strong. Looking at the volume of "new" salvage parts on eBay over the past couple of years makes me think that at least 1/4 of the original production run of V1s has been decommissioned.

Either way, my point is, why hamstring yourself building bushings for one subset of the population when with a moderate amount of additional effort, you could receive orders from the whole?
10-4, point received and agreed with. Please let me know what sway bar on the market needs to have a bracket made to fit X car. Also, if there is a sway bar out there that would work on a different vehicle than it was marketed to fit we would be interested in making the adapter/bracket.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Thanks! Just ordered a set.

Steve
Old 01-17-2014, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Waiting for the rears also then ordering both. Thanks CS!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chitown21y
Waiting for the rears also then ordering both. Thanks CS!
Same here.

Suggestion:
Would be nice to get all 4 bushings + 4 Zerk fittings all in one box.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Creative Steel: Front Sway Bar Bushings