Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Creative Steel Differential Bushing Install Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Creative Steel Differential Bushing Install Review

Hey everyone, I just replaced the OEM differential bushing on my V with the creative steel this weekend and I figured I'd give a little review on it. First off, let me start by saying that the customer service was second to none. I talked to Kristie on Wednesday and they didnt have any tools available, but she said she would call me as soon as they got one back. She called me 1 day later on Thursday afternoon and said they had a tool available so I gave her my information. She mailed my order out the same day and I received the package on Saturday morning so I could get the project done over the weekend.
Anyway, replacing the bushing took me a whole 2 hours max and that was using jackstands and a jack on my garage floor. As others have said, a 21mm gearwrench will really save you a lot of time and trouble. I highly highly recommend renting the creative steel tool too. It was worth every bit of the $30 to rent it. I didn't even have to drop the driveshaft. I did end up dropping my exhaust just to make the job a little easier (I probably didnt have to). I had a brand new magnaflow so it was easy peasy to remove. The creative steel tool took the old bushing right out with little to no force. When I tried to put the creative steel bushing in on Saturday night it seemed like it was a little tight and it kept wanting to go in crooked so I quit and threw the bushing in the freezer overnight. Sunday morning I went back out in the garage to try it again and the bushing went right in like butter with the tool. Honestly, the hardest part of the whole thing was getting the 2 - 21mm bolts lined back up with the differential to put it back together. I give creative steel a 10 out of 10 and if you're thinking about doing this, I would definitely recommend you get the tool as well. Hopefully this will help someone looking to tackle this job in the future!
Old 01-27-2014, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Max, and Kristie take care of us folks that's for sure.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

Best customer service I have seen from a vendor that is not local to me in a long time.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:19 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We try pretty hard not to disappoint. Thanks for taking the time to post your appreciation. Threads like this really help out when we have to work late or weekends to make sure a customer gets what they ordered on time.

Quick Reply: Creative Steel Differential Bushing Install Review