Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Just ordered Revshift Cradle/Diff bushings, what else?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered Revshift Cradle/Diff bushings, what else?

Hey guys, I just ordered a Revshift transmount, rear cradle and diff bushings. I'm also wanting to get the racetronix hotwire kit and am really thinking about upgrading the fuel pump while the rear end is out of the car. Reasons are I've heard about the wiring getting hot and melting. I'm wanting to make this car SUPER reliable. Eventually I'd like to get to the 500-600whp range or possibly add an Eforce later. So what pump should I get? Do I need an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator? And is there anything else I should do to the rear while everything is out besides clean it up and POR-15 the cradle and all? Maybe upgrade the rear brake lines to SS lines, eventually I'd do the fronts too. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did rear trailing arm bushings when I had the cradle and dif bushings replaced. And where is Carlyle, I'm assuming central or southern IL?
Old 02-21-2014, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Carlyle is roughly 40 miles east of St. Louis. It's not really considered Southern Illinois so I'd say Central Illinois haha.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:01 PM
Launching!

If you're doing brake lines, do all four or not at all. No sense in having to bleed the system twice.

Honestly, if you want reliable, keep the OEM fuel pump and wiring until you need the extra fuel. Most people cut a door under the rear seat when accessing the fuel pump, so you could go that route when the time comes.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Launching!

I'm more of a learner around here than the teacher(Thanks to all that have helped so far!), but when I did my RevShift Diff Bushing, I also bought a CS Diff Block.

For the price, it can't hurt.

https://creative-steel.com/store/ind...t_detail&p=132

Quick Reply: Just ordered Revshift Cradle/Diff bushings, what else?