Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Would anyone be interested in some V1 weight information?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 06:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad you guys are around!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:19 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd
True. It will be interesting to see back to back results with and without drivers. I've been looking at the differences in 07CTS-V's and my numbers and trying to figure out why his left rear is noticeably higher even with me being in the car for my weigh in.
I measured my ride height with a tape measure at all four wheel wells. I can never get the right front closer than 1/4" lower than the left. It probably settled more on the left rear and I hadn't checked it in a long time.

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Yeah....so tell me why again that is beneficial to the rest of us? This thread is just to find out stock weight, total and each corner. With that said, most of us will have different results as to what the after numbers (op sitting in his stock car) would be. Due to different mods of each, coilover choices, sway bars, weight reduction, frame stiffening etc. To see how the stock form of the car reacts to him sitting in it is worthless. As nothing can be done to correct it. There are no adjustments available.
The importance is that you want all four corners the same with the driver sitting in the car since you rarely ghost ride it on a track. You can extrapolate what you could expect from your weight by using the weight of whoever gives the info.

I suppose you are correct if you just want the stock weights. My car was lowered with GC and QA1's. we went a bit off the OP's original topic.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
I measured my ride height with a tape measure at all four wheel wells. I can never get the right front closer than 1/4" lower than the left. It probably settled more on the left rear and I hadn't checked it in a long time.
If I had to guess, you probably started by counting the threads on the Ground Control collars and set them all the same.

Then, because the front right *is* heavier, you probably noticed it sagging on that corner and adjusted it up. That transferred the weight to the opposite corner. Obviously, it's not possible to have all four corners set the same height if weight distribution is unequal. So I think you did the right thing.

Last edited by FuzzyLog1c; 02-23-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V

My mistake. I incorrectly assumed that you were on stock suspension as I was. That makes sense knowing you had coilovers.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:26 AM
Teching In

Well finally got to throwing the car on the scales yesterday before doing my Alradco swap.

Bone stock 2005 CTS-V. Filled the tank to the click and drove .5 miles back to the shop. 32PSI all around on Nexen 3000 stock size tires.

Zero the scales:

Car by itself:

With 230# driver:

And another Alradco success:

It was late in the day so I didn't bother to bring out the scales again to check out the difference, but the Alradco thread has differences in their weights + the extra 1/2 gallon of coolant capacity.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Reserved for Alradco/LS7 Clutch & more weight changes

Last edited by 05ctsV1; 04-23-2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well you can keep this going when you add more mods down the line.

Quick Reply: Would anyone be interested in some V1 weight information?