Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Which one do I buy Hendrix or Gforce Axles

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one do I buy Hendrix or Gforce Axles

I need some opinions. I just want to know your opinion if you have these on your car. I also want to know if you did the cradle bushings.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You will see that opinions vary based on car, some people have better luck with one others with the other...

For me, the Hendrix (DSS) axles worked great, with one and both axles in place. I swapped to the geforce axles, and couldn't tell the difference from stock axles... But have read that others have had great success.

The geforce axles were better made, the DSS axles I had to send back and have them correct quality issues (axles made too short, clip grooves cut too deep.) they have great customer service and took care of me, but I was tired of finding little things wrong with them.

No cradle bushings yet... they are sitting on my shelf waiting to go in.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the GForce, never had the Hendrix.

I have no regrets about the GForce, between them and the red cradle bushings, I have no wheel hop.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

another vote for g force
Old 03-09-2014, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the hendrix and it helped a lot. Gforce is more active and has better customer service though so id go with them.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

Gforce here, I still get a bit of hop during my 1-2 shift but I think Ive just learned to drive around it in first. This is a stock rear with no replacement bushings
Old 03-10-2014, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

sounds like the Gforce with the cradle bushings are the way to go. Creative Steel for those? I bought some mounts (motor, trans, and diff) from them haven't gotten them installed yet.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steves ls6
sounds like the Gforce with the cradle bushings are the way to go. Creative Steel for those? I bought some mounts (motor, trans, and diff) from them haven't gotten them installed yet.
You will get answer both ways on bushings. but for the cradle bushings I would simply recommend creative steel mostly because you can rent their bushing removal tool. When I did my Revshift cradle bushings removing the old bushings was the biggest headache.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Onefast V
You will get answer both ways on bushings. but for the cradle bushings I would simply recommend creative steel mostly because you can rent their bushing removal tool. When I did my Revshift cradle bushings removing the old bushings was the biggest headache.
Can you rent the tool without purchase? I got some off of the classifieds but was hoping to rent their tool anyway.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by isis
Can you rent the tool without purchase? I got some off of the classifieds but was hoping to rent their tool anyway.
Yup. $50 for 7 days.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

Since we're talking about axles... gforce sells the axles individually. Does anyone run just a single side or is everyone running them in pairs?
Old 03-10-2014, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fweasel
Since we're talking about axles... gforce sells the axles individually. Does anyone run just a single side or is everyone running them in pairs?
G Force recommends just one for cars not making much power. I just run one.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

So I've had both. I ran the Hendrix Econo Axle. I did not get the right CVs to begin with, so my axle assembly was actually too short, and as a result, diff fluid ended up all over the back of my car after my first drive. The bar was right, but the CV was not, so it didn't sit properly. I ended up reusing the stock CVs that came with my car which fixed the problem.

I have a baby cam with long tubes. Not an insane amount of power... I actually broke the Hendrix axle right at the groove for the snap ring. Here's a pic

I switched to gForce axles and they've been fine for years. I autocross and track the car with no issues.

Quick Reply: Which one do I buy Hendrix or Gforce Axles