Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Fuel pump replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine died 4 months ago and I had the dealer replace it. My VIN shows up on the website and my dealer is saying the same thing as yours. The recall is not showing up in their system yet, it's only been a few days. My dealer says I will get a full refund if the fuel pump they replaced is the newer one. If not then I'm out of luck.

In your case your trying to avoid the charge and I understand, it's expensive. Most likely you will get refunded. Even my dealer says the issue is the lack of replacement parts for the size of the recall. It will take some time.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by eagle-co94
Nope, it won't matter. If it's not in their system they don't care if it shows up on the site listed above. I did get an official final answer...and it's NOT good. Because the recall is so new it says "Remedy not yet available." Translation? I have to pay for any and all work up front. If they determine that my problem is in fact from the harness and fuel pump module then they will reimburse me. I am not putting much faith in that.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

And the hits keep coming...

I went to pick up the V today and tow it back to the house so I can cut into it and find that the car is now COMPLETELY dead. Yep, no response from the car at all. I don't know what they did but they managed to kill my Optima Yellow Top. That takes effort.

They did tell me they fixed the torn ignition switch cover. They didn't tell me they used superglue that would dry to a white crust and look like a 5 year old did it.

I also saw how they perform the "key rotation" recall. They superglued two plastic pieces into the key head...again leaving white residue on the key. Is this what I should expect from Cadillac in the future?

To add insult to injury the bumper lip caught when the car was being unloaded and was torn in half. Not like I needed anything to **** me off more about the car!
Old 10-08-2014, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to pick up the V today and tow it back to the house so I can cut into it and find that the car is now COMPLETELY dead. Yep, no response from the car at all. I don't know what they did but they managed to kill my Optima Yellow Top. That takes effort.

They did tell me they fixed the torn ignition switch cover. They didn't tell me they used superglue that would dry to a white crust and look like a 5 year old did it.

I also saw how they perform the "key rotation" recall. They superglued two plastic pieces into the key head...again leaving white residue on the key. Is this what I should expect from Cadillac in the future?

To add insult to injury the bumper lip caught when the car was being unloaded and was torn in half. Not like I needed anything to **** me off more about the car!
That's some weapons grade horseshit there man. Sorry to hear about the poor dealer experience. What was their response to this?
Old 10-08-2014, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pics of the key and boot ?
Old 10-08-2014, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Needless to say, I'd be on the phone with some people in a very displeased mood. That is completely unsat right there. I wouldn't have take it back if they killed my battery and used superglue to fix my ignition ****. They can fix it right or they can eat **** and die.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:33 AM
Launching!

I would have completely lost it.... Can't stand hacks working on my car.... Think I'll add the second ring on my key myself
Old 10-09-2014, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

I'm in the military and value my clearance so I figured if they want to play games I can just take this the PR route, or the legal route. I wonder if calling the local news station might get some motion going on this.

Here are the pics of my ignition:

Here is a pic of both key options. They can either put a fat cover on it or glue the pieces into the key. For some reason they decided to cut me a 3rd key (blue cover on emblem). I think it's because it's an aftermarket key. The best part is that they said the couldn't program the key because it's not running...and then the key won't even turn in the lock properly! Nice idea, yet again poor execution. A lot of the superglue residue wore off in my pocket from carrying the keys yesterday and today, but they looked worse when they handed them to me.

Here are the pics of my fuel pump...as expected. I figured I'd go big on the access panel...but I cannot stress enough how little room you have to work with. the gas tank TOUCHES the floorpan in this area! I cut into the top of the tank, but didn't penetrate. I'm going to fill the area with epoxy before fixing it.

I was going to refuse to pick the car up...but it's our primary vehicle and I already had to extend my rental to a 2nd day. Conveniently enough it was a Suburban so I used that to get the V home as my insurance company won't tow a 2nd time for the same issue...even if Cadillac has their head up their ***.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

I'm going to try to speak with the head of the dealership when I go in for my reimbursement for my 2-day rental. We'll see how that goes.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, I can't believe they wouldn't fix the fuel pump issue. I'd send that picture directly to Cadillac. I'd make them pay for my rental, and I'd make them fix those ghetto repairs on the keys and ignition. Its a Cadillac, I wouldn't expect to find repairs like that on a kia.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Check their Facebook page... Posts on their page only show up in the bottom left and since my post from yesterday is still their I don't think they care. It doesn't look like anyone sees what people post on their page.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

So I just joined Twitter...to post my pics on Cadillac's page.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So they broke the tab on the ignition tumbler ? The blue cover is just a protective plastic to protect the emblem and peels off.

So is your connector melted ? In the early stages of it ?
Old 10-09-2014, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

See pics. Melted through. .. car no longer runs.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

Do we know if anyone had their fuel pump replaced yet under this so called recall?
Old 10-09-2014, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Nobody has because GM doesn't know of a remedy for it yet. Once they figure it out they'll send out letters.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is more refreshing news. The really sad part of all of this is that this level of service has become accepted by so many.

Good luck guys!
Old 10-09-2014, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Katie O from Cadillac Customer Service on Facebook has requested my contact and vehicle info to look into this further. I also let her know about the dead battery, unsecured car and torn ignition cover issues.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea she wont do much if anything lol. If you ever need some help eagle let me know. I'm not to far. With enough notice i can stop by lend an hand.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

I don't expect her to accomplish anything. I'm waiting on a response from the local news station. Since Cadillac wants to blow me off I'll get their attention another way. Thanks for the offer. I just ordered a pump and it should be in next week. I'll have to rent something while I wait. We'll see if I'm up and running next week or not.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Make sure if you talk to the news to hype up the fact that this is a major fire issue and they sent you home without a second thought.

But they did break the tumbler and called the superglue fix adequate ?

Quick Reply: Fuel pump replacement