Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Welp, just my luck.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welp, just my luck.

I have a steep and short driveway. All FOUR street parking spots are taken by my **** neighbors. Two cars they don't even drive, just sitting in my spots for the last three weeks. Two cars they usually park across the street, where there is plenty of room, so I don't know why they would park directly in front of my house in both spots.

I've been nice and courteous to all my neighbors since my car is quite loud and I live on a hill. I go around to the top of the hill blocks away, then coast down to my house to minimize noise since I always come back from the runs at like 2 or 3 AM like every other night...

Anyways, its the night before a car show I'm entering with friends. I thought my neighbors would've moved their cars back across to their side. Nope. Whatever, I had to move a car out of my driveway, place wooden ramps and put the V into the driveway. After I'm done spending hours on touch up, full detail, polish, etc, I pull out. One of the ramps slip because everything was still wet. I hear a slight scraping noise and a muffled thud and some scraping noise. Sh*.. Too late. I pulled out and parked it on the street.

My whole front bumper is misaligned. Paint is cracked everywhere along the bottom. There is a gap between the bumper and the front fender portions on both sides from it being dragged against my driveway when the ramp slipped and I pulled out. The bottom where the rubber lip mounts to is completely deformed. Pushed down in one area to the point where it almost scrapes the ground. Another short area is pushed up....
New bumper is like $500 bucks or something shipped, and not OEM. Then I'd have to get it primed and painted. I'll have to see what the body shop thinks. I was going to try and heat it up with a heat gun and push all the plastic back into shape. But I don't have a heat gun....

So, yeah. F* me right?

At least she's sparking clean and WAS show worthy.....

Just needed to rant...
Old 03-29-2014, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry about your car. The heat gun is worth a shot though...

BTW....nice guys finish last...time to ***** out on the neighbors.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:31 PM
TECH Resident

Before you go nuts with the heatgun I would take a look at the mounting points on the back top of the bumper cover. If your lucky it may be possible they just popped out and you can simply reattach the cover, that is how the bumper cover is supposed to be removed two or three bolts right there in you gap on either side.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dmax/04V
Before you go nuts with the heatgun I would take a look at the mounting points on the back top of the bumper cover. If your lucky it may be possible they just popped out and you can simply reattach the cover, that is how the bumper cover is supposed to be removed two or three bolts right there in you gap on either side.
This. 10mm deep socket and foot long extension is probably all you'd need, along with ratchet\impact. Pull the pins, and check it out. Might be a very very simple fix. If not, I might have the top metal piece you might need to replace that goes between fender and bumper cover.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Friend has all my tools. Heat gun I haven't found anyone to borrow from. People liked it at the show cause it was unique. Too tired to deal with it. I'll live with it until next weekend. I'll pop off the cover next weekend for sure though and try to get a new layer of paint over the cracked paint if I can find it anywhere...
Old 03-30-2014, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah pull the inner fender and put your head in the back, almost guaranteed you just broke a pin that slides into the fender.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by egress
Friend has all my tools. Heat gun I haven't found anyone to borrow from. People liked it at the show cause it was unique. Too tired to deal with it. I'll live with it until next weekend. I'll pop off the cover next weekend for sure though and try to get a new layer of paint over the cracked paint if I can find it anywhere...
Wait what? You can't just paint over cracked paint on the bumper. Normally you have to prep it, and generally I've seen people re-do the ENTIRE bumper if they are going to repaint it. To be honest, take some more pics during the daylight of how everything looks. I see the disconnection at the top of the bumper, but I don't think thats anything major. That can be fixed, IMO
Old 03-30-2014, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Time to call out the neighbors and get your parking spaces back. If you own the home you need to get their cars moved before it goes too far. Let them do it long enough (7 years in some places I believe) and you have legally given them the right to park there.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Oops. Did I say over the cracked paint? I mean re-do the bumper if I find the color anyway.

The bottom portion does require a heat gun though since the lip area is all deformed. I'll pull off the cover this weekend if I have the time...
Old 05-03-2016, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls1Ryan2002
As bad as it sounded a while back ago about 6 years my neighbors always parked right in front of my house even sometimes they blocked off my driveway. So one night I went and put some nails right in front of my driveway and sure enough I wake up the next morning and they are parked right there. To say the least the front tire was pretty bad lol. Then he came up to my house bitching about it but I gladly let him know he had open spots to park instead of blocking me off from my driveway. That was the end of that lol
You just bumped a 2 yr old vent thread to announce that you are a passive aggressive psycho? That's kind of weird.

Quick Reply: Welp, just my luck.