Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

V1 compared to V2

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mn800r
3rd year owner of V1 (440rwhp) and recent 50th birthday present to the wife(2 time cancer survivor also) 2011 coupe of about a month now. Hands down without a doubt the V2 is so much more refined. Automatic transmission really sucks, there's nothing better than ratcheting through the gears. Not a big fan of the instrumentation layout. The good news is it's very tough in stock form, change out two pulleys, cam, injectors,headers and a good tune and you're at almost 700 hp to the ground.
Congrats to your wife for being a 2 time cancer survivor!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you ls1247, breast and lung was a very tough road for her that include many many surgeries for both removal and reconstruction. Every day is a blessing and this car puts a smile on her face every time she looks at it or drives it.

The Eau Claire Wisconsin cars and coffee will definitely be a must do this year for us, will PM you for the details, thanks.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andringa
Nice looking cars Mn800r, my local car club is starting up a Monthly Cars and Coffee event in Eau Claire, WI.
Be sure to make a post about it. I might make that drive if you're okay with FIB's
Old 04-11-2014, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1^ I'll keep an eye out
Old 04-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MN_V
+1^ I'll keep an eye out
Road trip Matt, we need to get Tony on board
Old 04-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

V 2's are cool and have tons of power, but I still think the V1 looks meaner, and less were made..my buddy has a V2 Hennessey under the hood and is fast as hell!!! But mine still looks better IMO...
Old 04-12-2014, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

I'm amazed how many people are suggesting to keep the V1. I think that I've decided to just keep my V for now and try to limit my spending so that I can save up for something else down the road.

For reference, these were the cars that I was looking at.
http://www.casmiami.com/inventory/DO...illac#Cadillac

-All of the 2013 CTS-Vs at that dealership were used as part of the "Cadillac V-Series Lab and Academy".
-From what I was able to figure out, the cars were owned by GM and never registered for highway use. Which means that all the miles were accumulated on race tracks.
-In the end, I have a hard time paying that kind of money for what is essentially a Salvage Titled track car, even if it's $30k cheaper than new.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Teching In

I love my V2. I've been a Mustang guy up to this point owning over a dozen of them. I had been wanting to flip to the LS crowd for quite some time and I couldn't be happier with my V2. Yes, it's a very refined car, but the great thing about the car is that it's very easily mod'd to make the car what you want it to be. Be it keeping it refined, or doing heads/cam and longtubes making it as rowdy as you like.

The V2's are pretty robust, especially compared to the V1's they replaced. The rears and transmissions handle really good power compared to the glass rearends of the V1's. The magnetic suspension works very well on the V2. While it's a heavy car, it doesn't feel as heavy as it is because it handles so well.

I'd definitely recommend picking one up to anyone considering a V2. What's not to love about a boosted car that's so easily modded?

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
Where the hell did he find a V2 for that price? Man California must have higher prices for everything. I was having a hard time finding any under 45
I just bought my V2 a month ago for $38k.
Originally Posted by Mn800r
Thank you ls1247, breast and lung was a very tough road for her that include many many surgeries for both removal and reconstruction. Every day is a blessing and this car puts a smile on her face every time she looks at it or drives it.
Sorry to hear of your wife's fight, but glad to hear she is winning her fight. My older brother is fighting his fight right now with stomach cancer.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:50 PM
Teching In

After owning both a Gen 1 and now a Gen II I feel as if it is a nicer interior and fast as hell but there's still a soft spot for my V1... I have held out for a manual trans and finally found one through my sales guy and bought it sight unseen after sitting in an SS Camaro for a year and a Jaguar XF Supercharged for a little over two years... This V2 has me grinning like a schoolgirl once again and the looks from people on the street are back.... Black Diamond Edition with windows being tinted this Friday at 8:00 AM sharp.

Hard to get power down with this car and traction control works overtime when running through the gears.....
Old 04-20-2014, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by detaillls
After owning both a Gen 1 and now a Gen II I feel as if it is a nicer interior and fast as hell but there's still a soft spot for my V1... I have held out for a manual trans and finally found one through my sales guy and bought it sight unseen after sitting in an SS Camaro for a year and a Jaguar XF Supercharged for a little over two years... This V2 has me grinning like a schoolgirl once again and the looks from people on the street are back.... Black Diamond Edition with windows being tinted this Friday at 8:00 AM sharp.

Hard to get power down with this car and traction control works overtime when running through the gears.....
i would be under the jail....
Old 04-20-2014, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andringa
I'm amazed how many people are suggesting to keep the V1. I think that I've decided to just keep my V for now and try to limit my spending so that I can save up for something else down the road.

For reference, these were the cars that I was looking at.
http://www.casmiami.com/inventory/DO...illac#Cadillac

-All of the 2013 CTS-Vs at that dealership were used as part of the "Cadillac V-Series Lab and Academy".
-From what I was able to figure out, the cars were owned by GM and never registered for highway use. Which means that all the miles were accumulated on race tracks.
-In the end, I have a hard time paying that kind of money for what is essentially a Salvage Titled track car, even if it's $30k cheaper than new.
i was one of the people at the v series lab and i have to say i like my v1 better as a fun/muscle car... if you want more of a lazy refined car get the v2... v2 felt too heavy for me on the track... i went out in the coupe as auto and the sedan as m6
Old 04-21-2014, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Goosecaddy05
i was one of the people at the v series lab and i have to say i like my v1 better as a fun/muscle car... if you want more of a lazy refined car get the v2... v2 felt too heavy for me on the track... i went out in the coupe as auto and the sedan as m6
Yeah, I've decided to pass on that specific V2. Paid for an inspection and it had more paint work than I was expecting, and a couple other things just didn't add up.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

I had my V1 for a little over 3 years and just got my V2 less than 2 weeks ago. I will say that while I do miss my V1, I don't regret getting a V2 over buying another V1 to replace my first one that was involved in a hit n run. There are some things I miss about the V1 over the V2 but there's so much more positives with the V2
Old 04-21-2014, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

^what do you miss about the V1?
Old 04-22-2014, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

V1 lines/looks > V2 (by miles)

You could buy 2 modded V1's with the price of one stock V2.

How many other 10 year old cars look this good, and can still beat 90% of the cars on the road today?

The V1's mirrors aren't upside down like a V2 lol.

The V2 has a better interior (as it should) and more power stock, and can be pullied easily and make some good HP. So if all you care about is power, go get a mustang and put a TT 5.3 in it and go hit the track.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

The V1 feels a lot lighter and better. The car note is a lot cheaper. I miss my exhaust. It's hard to explain. I had the car for 3-4 years. Had some great memories in that car
Old 04-22-2014, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with all of that. Got my '06 for a good deal in 2012; put $5k down and financed the rest and people freak when they ask how much and I pay $183/month paid off in 5yrs while they're paying $250 to lease their civic.

Can't beat the V1 for overall bang for the buck.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

I think the G8 GXP would be a great buy. But people are still asking to much for the car. I think those cars look bad ***.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yup, I almost pulled the trigger on a GXP with full bolt-ons and cam for $32k, but then my friend talked me out of it and said that was an insane price for a Pontiac, so I got the V for 25k with warranty (although I probably should sell the warranty since I hadn't planned on cam but did it anyway, heh).
Old 04-25-2014, 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

I've had both...had the V1 for 5 years and just sold it late last year. I have had the V2 for about a year and a half. The V1 on its own was a fun car but after getting the V2 and driving it for a while, going back to the V1 was painful. The only entertaining part was the M6 in the V1 but the A6 in the V2 shifts way better with paddles and a proper tune.

I'm a drag racer so the V1 just wasn't the car for me while the V2, out of the box, is perfect for drag as well as road courses. And with some minor mods with a mostly stock setup (stock cam, stock lower pulley, stock heads, stock blower, stock trans, stock rear end, etc), the V2 is running 140 mph in the 1/4 mile and will be in the 9s when the tracks open this year. That's pretty impressive for a heavy 4-door sedan with pretty limited mods. For a V1 to do that, it'd be a lot more substantial project.
Attached Thumbnails V1 compared to V2-030.jpg   V1 compared to V2-031.jpg  

Quick Reply: V1 compared to V2