Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Noise AFTER bushings???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. I thought the consensus was inserts didn't do very much.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

The GM TSB inserts didn't do anything, but the derlin inserts are great. Some people don't like the added noise, but I think that was mainly when combined with a poly diff bushing.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Teching In

I went with the consensus and it turned out to be completely wrong on my car. I think my diff may be really loud to begin with. Mine can be heard over exhaust and radio. I may try and adjust the backlash or just get a whole new one.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkel1124
So I figure I've been pressing my luck with countless 40-50 mph burnouts on all stock rear setup. The rear has been perfectly quiet with the exception of the "clunk" (diff bushing). So yesterday I finally replaced the cradle bushings, diff bushing, and trans mount with Revshift and Creative Steel parts. The diff bushing was toast and just fell right out, so needless to say the clunk is fixed. The problem is now I am getting horrible whining from the rear. The noise dramatically changes tone with acceleration / deceleration. I don't think it's the diff though, as it has never made any noise whatsoever. Anyone else experience this after bushings? I'm thinking maybe the drive shaft. When I pulled the drive shaft rear CV a couple of the ball bearings fell out so I pulled them all and cleaned, re-greased them. Oh yeah, I do know all about the 8.8 fix all solution...it's coming eventually.
check the rear hubs. Quick test is to just drive and do a right to left when driving down road to see if noise changes level. If so more than likely a hub
Old 03-31-2015, 01:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just replaced a nasty sounding hub myself. A world of difference.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cts-v 07ct
I went with the consensus and it turned out to be completely wrong on my car. I think my diff may be really loud to begin with. Mine can be heard over exhaust and radio. I may try and adjust the backlash or just get a whole new one.
From my experience with diff gears, once they're loud they're always loud. Even putting less than 100 miles on a gear that's not perfectly set will cause that gear to be noisy even if it gets reset to perfection.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I got my 75d RevShift Cradle bushing and the harder the better!

Diff whined more, but going with an DIY 8.8 now, so no worries.....
Old 04-07-2015, 11:25 AM
TECH Regular

Installed CS Diff and Cradle bushings with their tools this weekend. Absolutely no cabin noise or wheel hop that I have experienced. Also I don't notice any Diff whine. If anything the drivetrain is more quite with all the CS bushings that I have installed.

Quick Reply: Noise AFTER bushings???