Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V Heresy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS-V Heresy!

Tell me why, as I drive to work today, do I see a V1 heading the other direction with a full bike rack and a mountain bike mounted on the roof? I wanted to take his keys away.

Not sure if that is as bad as the time I saw one parked with one of those uhaul trailer hitches mounted under the rear bumper....

Im just saying
Old 05-01-2014, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I get your point but to some of us, high performance doesn't strictly mean going fast....I bought a car with 4 doors because I need the utility of it and yes I'm putting a trailer hitch on it this weekend so I can tow motorcycles behind it.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this is for sale near me. For a lot of people the V was just another car, they just wanted the nicest CTS available at the time.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Most people don't even know what a V is. Example and I directly quote, "you see dat lack has a stick!"
Old 05-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1yakini
Tell me why, as I drive to work today, do I see a V1 heading the other direction with a full bike rack and a mountain bike mounted on the roof? I wanted to take his keys away.

Not sure if that is as bad as the time I saw one parked with one of those uhaul trailer hitches mounted under the rear bumper....

Im just saying
Our V1's are pretty old now. And not particularly expensive. I'd have no trouble throwing a roof rack on mine and a couple bikes. The only reason why I don't is because we have the hitch attachment on my wifes MKT.

I've seen them on 911's, Gallardo's, etc. Not a big deal
Old 05-01-2014, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im just saying
I'm totally on your side To people like that it's just another car
Old 05-01-2014, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

I would rather see a bike rack than a rattle can paint job but people gotta do what the gotta do...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...plastidip.html
Old 05-01-2014, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

"I've seen them on 911's, Gallardo's, etc. Not a big deal"

^ This always blows my mind. More money than sense seems to be a common denominator with these types.

I get it I get it, to some people it is a utilitarian vehicle not a performance sedan... I know its a sub 20k vehicle so many people with money treat it the same way some of us would a Cavalier, but that doesn't make it right. Its heresy and the Cadillac gods will seek out those of you who treat them as lowly beater sedans and they will exact their revenge upon thee.

Seriously though, if my wifes car payment wasn't so high I would probably be in a V2.. would you guys put roof racks and tow hitches on one of them?
Old 05-01-2014, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

^ This always blows my mind. More money than sense seems to be a common denominator with these types.

I get it I get it, to some people it is a utilitarian vehicle not a performance sedan... I know its a sub 20k vehicle so many people with money treat it the same way some of us would a Cavalier, but that doesn't make it right. Its heresy and the Cadillac gods will seek out those of you who treat them as lowly beater sedans and they will exact their revenge upon thee.

Seriously though, if my wifes car payment wasn't so high I would probably be in a V2.. would you guys put roof racks and tow hitches on one of them?
If i only had room in the garage for one car, i would.

In all fairness, the hitch looks like *** and I'm hoping to get it installed and then section it a bit so it tucks up under the car.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont like roof racks or hitches either, so...

I just lower the back seats(take the baby seat out first) put a huge towel, take my mtb front wheel off and slide it in EVER SO GENTLY, close the trunk and im going riding!

Oh and about the rattle can plastidip; he couldnt use gallons because they dont sell them to cali residents, AND he needed a paint job. Not everyone can spend $2-3k for a paint job on our cars.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RecklessV
Oh and about the rattle can plastidip; he couldnt use gallons because they dont sell them to cali residents, AND he needed a paint job. Not everyone can spend $2-3k for a paint job on our cars.
I get that, i've done my share of rattle can paint jobs before...I was hoping these cars were still a little new for that but I guess they aren't.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1247
I get that, i've done my share of rattle can paint jobs before...I was hoping these cars were still a little new for that but I guess they aren't.
Regardless, its plastidip! It can always be peeled off with no damage to the actual paint or body.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

better than seeing someone spend the money on H/C/I to run 12s
Old 05-01-2014, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 93hatch
Now that's not nice , keep the gloves up !!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Teching In

What would you suggest these people do that have bikes orwant to take their lovelies away for the weekend? Buy another car just to get the bikes to the trails or go to the cabin for a week? I think it adds to the cool factor personally
Old 05-01-2014, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i debated putting a hitch on mine so i could pull my motorcycle...
Old 05-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Launching!

I don't mind stuff like that, but rediculous crap I'm having to fix on mine bugs me, I feel like dude thought this was $900 Honda, put gas in it and did oil changes and that's where the buck stopped
Old 05-02-2014, 02:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 93hatch
we are in the 11s and shooting for the 10s later this year......
Old 05-02-2014, 06:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WasTiSLine
What would you suggest these people do that have bikes orwant to take their lovelies away for the weekend? Buy another car just to get the bikes to the trails or go to the cabin for a week? I think it adds to the cool factor personally
I would suggest they do what you have done sir, buy the wife a truck or an SUV for these purposes. Thats what I did.

Hey it is what it is... we all have different opinions. But you did say you have seen 911's with bike racks... that blows my mind. If you have Porsche money then you have ten year old Tacoma money so a beater truck for the dogs/bikes/cooler makes sense. If I see someone towing a trailer with a Porsche Ill have a fit.

You all have a good summer!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

I'd rather see someone buy a car and not be afraid to actually drive it and use it. Unless they're mounting the bike rack with drywall screws into the body panels I don't see what the big deal is. Why would I want to drive a piece of **** beater pickup to carry a bike?

If I had a bike or skis or whatever and wanted to take them somewhere, sure.

If I see someone towing a trailer with a Porsche I[']ll have a fit.
Commence having a fit. If you'd ever been to a track event you would've seen plenty of Porsches towing, like so:
Attached Thumbnails CTS-V Heresy!-porsche-towing.jpg  

Last edited by AAIIIC; 05-02-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Quick Reply: CTS-V Heresy!